Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthus lvl 80 Final battle... thoughts?

Options
  • 04-07-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

So, Im in work, listening to people scream at me cos their computers aren't working and my mind beings to wander... I was thinking what the final lvl 80 encounter with Arthus at the Frozen-throne is going to be like.

If you played WC3 you have played as Arthas, and if you played WC2 you are farmilar with Ner'Zhul. But, apart from some Lore, we have never heard what Arthas's true power is like, only that he is probably the most powerful entity in Azeroth.

The guy bet Illiadan in single combat... BEFORE he became the Lich King. He will be stronger then Archaemond, Kil'jaden... maybe even Sagaras! :eek:

What do you think the fight will be like?

Here is what I was thinking:
    I think he will summon Frost Wyrms. Kael'thuzad said in WC3 that they are his "favourite pet."
    I have a feeling that he will summon or within the dungeon there will be the the haunted spirit of his father, King Mentail. Like the Shade of Aran in Karazhan.
    Also, I think he will summon some sort of ghould army, loads of non-elite random spawns, like a mixture between the rescue mission in Zul'Farrak and the final boss in Hellfire ramparts.

Anyone else been pondering this?
    What are your thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

We can one-shot him, didn't you hear?

The player and his pathetic zombie guild will slay Arthas, and the Lich Pimp will like on. That's what will happen. The expansion has ALOT to do with Arthas himself so the poor man will fall. I don't want him dead...but Blizzard like killing the best characters. The Lich Pimp living on....is something I suppose. Arthas' body looked great though.

Anyway...stealth in and Ambush him = epic lootzorz!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If they kill him i'll be pissed...seriiously pissed.i'm drunk right now,...,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I guess i really need to read the lore, as i haven't a clue whats being said.

Now that i'm sober, i can say what i mean with better grammer. Anyway, i hate that they have killed off some of the major characters through World of Warcraft. Illidan was cool, now he's just some stupid boss that people farm (very few people i suppose). If they kill off Arthas/Ner'zhul then i'll be seriously pissed. I still have hopes for a Warcraft 4, and i'd like some characters to still be alive. Arthas has too much backgroud to be just another random boss that gets raided for loot.

And i'd definatly recommend reading the lore, as some of it is fantastic. Assuming its not blocked in work, http://www.wowwiki.com/Portal:Main is a great read for any Warcraft fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'd say that the stuff that happens in WoW won't be relative to Warcraft 4..

• Advertisement

Gnomeregan hasn't been saved yet, men! Those blasted Troggs...so invincible.

WoW is a funny thing indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

All i say is lvl 80 sigh....just when you get to 70 they decide to bring out 80!!! :(

Playing WC3 atm, and isnt arthus one of the ally heroes ?

Keep playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Anti wrote: »

Heh yes he is. Revel in the role. ;)

• Advertisement

Don't spoil it for me ye bunch of cunts !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Settle down now, dont read the post if you dont want to know. But definitely, do not call people a "bunch of cunts"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Ivan wrote: »
    Settle down now, dont read the post if you dont want to know. But definitely, do not call people a "bunch of cunts"...

MOD fight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

you know this is what anoys me about wow the dev team letting you kill off all the people that made wow so iconic i dont get why they let you kill him or illidan for that matter i think its a stupid idea and i dont like the idea of a group of l33t speakers going and pounding down on my buddy arthas ! leave him alone !

I hope the fight goes like some kind of survival fight you just gotta last untill he gets bored of you and kicks you of the frozen throne to find some fat loots on the ground killing arthas is a bad idea imop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

i dont think anti was being too serious ^^ and at them killing off Arthas it was always gona happen, they r just gona make some new lore for us to play through.

Psycopat wrote: »
    i dont think anti was being too serious ^^

:rolleyes: Must be that time of the month for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

:rolleyes: Must be that time of the month for some people.
    I have little problem with you insulting me, as you have done on at least 3 occasions recently, but when I am in mod mode; well, you should know better.

1 week ban. PM me when its over if you want back in, but I get the distinct impression you really dont want to post on these forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Their are some people in my guild that would know the full story of WoW. They could go on and on about it, they must be reading some books. Anyways they have me lost even though i played all the WoW games. I guess im not as big as fan as they are & i dont care to be honest on who they kill or free ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hanza wrote: »
    So, Im in work, listening to people scream at me cos their computers aren't working and my mind beings to wander... I was thinking what the final lvl 80 encounter with Arthus at the Frozen-throne is going to be like.

Actually being in the release version of the expansion would be a start (Burning Crusade and the Black Temple, anyone).

But I feel kinda sad that all the great backstory for Arthas (and Illidan) from WC3 + TFT will be glossed over in a few paragraphs of quest log that about <1% will read, while the rest just look at the requirements to complete the quest (I know I do, even turn of "instant quest text" to speed up the process).

I just dont want to see a interesting character, who has a great backstory, and has had so much character development, turn into someone that people just grind for loot. At this rate, there wont be any decent characters left in the game for them to kill, nevermind include in the (hopeful) sequel to Warcraft 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

WoW is really killing off their top characters. Look at what has happend to the Characters so far:
    (Sorry in advance for some of the spellings)

Medivh - (Bad guy in WC2/Prophet in WC3)Dead for all of WoW, breifly in Black Moras and Karazhan
    Kael'Thuzad - (Arthas' 2nd in Command) - In the Naramaxxas! Making a comeback in WotLK, immortal, so basically, will never die!
    Lady Vashj - (Queen of the Naga) Killed in SSC
    Kael'thas - (Highbourn prince, now a power hungery betrayer) Killed in the Eye, only to return to be killed again in MgT
    Illidan - (one of the best WC characters ever) Killed in the BT :(
    Kil'Jaden - NOT DEAD! But can be fought in Sunwell Plateau
    Arthas - We all know whats happening there
    Sargeras - Bascially Satan. Leader of the legion. Last big boss in the game, no sign of him yet...

So, Sargeras is the last big boss that blizzard are gonna get us to kill. Not really that exciting unless you know the WC history.

Quick Sargeras History:

Think of Zeus, made of Bronze. He was the Titans General, who watched over Azeroth while it was being created. Sargeras saw nothing but Chaos in the vast universe and believed that the only certinty was chaos. He exploded into a molten god-like giant, covered in cracked Bronze. He then rallied the demons of the universe to create the Burning Legion.

He led the Legion to try and destroy the Night Elves with the Aide of the High-bourne (high elves, later blood elves), but was halted by Maelfurian Stormrage, Illidan's brother. Sargeras never made it to Azeroth this time, but 17000 years later he battled a powerful mage, Aegwynn, who believed she had destroyed the demon, but instead he bonded with her unborn child, Medivh. Aegwynn hid the demons remains.

When Draenor, the orc's planet was destroyed (and became Outland), Ner'zhul, an old Orc Shaman, bound to the burning legion, fleed, thus angering Sageras. Ner'Zhul went in search of Sargeras remains, but instead found the demon himself, who tore the old Orcs soul apart, forcing him to scream for death. Instead Sargeras incased him in Ice and sent his consciousness crashing to Northrend, where his psychic powers with the dead grew. Ner'zhul then became the Lich King, who later called out to prince Arthas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

I don't think they'd kill off Arthas. They should continue that storyline into WC4 imo

I think Arthas will die, but the Lich King's spirit or whatever will live on. Terrible idea, but that Warcraft for you. If they do decide to kill Arthas, then i'd like to see some sort of redemption at the end. As in their spirits are split, Frostmourne is destroyed, and Arthas helps you do something. A bit to much to hope for i guess.

The upcoming Caverns of Time Stratholme instance should be fun. But yeah, alot of things are based around Arthas himself, so it looks like his end is near. I don't want that...but what can you do. Lich King later fusing with someone else...hmm that would end in tears.

*slaps Blizzard in general*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lollers. Must go back and play single player again, good stuff.
    Oh and support the wcIII forum. ;)

Advertisement