Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place in town for a Friday drink after work

Options
  • 04-07-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Just I suppose you do get sick of going to the same places and that all the time. Wondering where everyone likes to go.

:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Grogan's.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

Dicey Reilly's, without a shadow of a doubt, best beer garden in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Woolshed, nicest people and biggest drinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Erh well for me it tends to be fibbers. Not that it has much class or... much of... well anything. They do pitchers now tho for cheap enough and there's always someone in the beer garden that'll let ya have a toke of a joint or two ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

the porterhouse is usually good for a few but always packed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

girliegirl wrote: »

Worst place ever.
    Went once, and pints were crap and expensive, and the crowd were a bit full of it.
    That said, it's hugely popular... place to be seen I guess.

What sort of pubs do you like OP?
    What age are ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Achilles wrote: »
    Erh well for me it tends to be fibbers. Not that it has much class or... much of... well anything. They do pitchers now tho for cheap enough and there's always someone in the beer garden that'll let ya have a toke of a joint or two ;-)

i was in there on tuesday night and will never go again, the place smelled of a mix between sweat, piss and dirty mops, i felt intimidated and the girlfriend did too. i used to go there all the time but will never again. an absolute hole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

fibbers is a complete hole - I would never ever ever go there again, and the fact they make you pay into such a **** hole is a complete joke seen as the place stinks, isnt even decorated and is basically crap

Dicey reillys is alright, pints are very expensive and crap probably like the poster above said, I got **** faced there once and lost my jacket after one of the bouncers kicked me out the back gate :confused: I was a fair mess I guess

Messrs Meguiars is good crack, beside q bar, gets very busy though sometimes and can be really packed

The long stone by dawson street is a nice pub too

Odeon is good for a pint too, but also suffers from being very busy sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

Kehoes or McDaids off grafton street are the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Synotts, O'Neills, Grand Central or Issac Butt

All good and you can get a bit of soakage to set you up for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

i was in there on tuesday night and will never go again, the place smelled of a mix between sweat, piss and dirty mops, i felt intimidated and the girlfriend did too. i used to go there all the time but will never again. an absolute hole

Dont bring a girl next time,son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

we ended up going to Grand Central, nice enough spot, far from the first time there but first with work. Although I think next time downstairs might be the place to sit...

Don't think we'd manage to get too many people over to Harcourt St direction, work on Talbot St. Have been in Isaac's a few times but like I said, sick of the same places etc etc and that goes for the Woolshed too, great little spot but somewhere different we wanted (and still want :))

Wouldn't be too fussed on Fibbers, smell of feet and only ever would go in extremely pissed although them 'bouncers' smug little pricks trying to make it seem difficult to get in etc, laughable, dive, imo.

and I'm 24 btw.

Damn right Fibbers is a complete hole, gotta ask why you felt intimidated though? Sure the regular clientel may look scary at times but they're pretty easy to talk to.

If you're ever heading in again (probably not) let me know... I'll make sure you guys have a much better experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Fibbers is a bit iffy alright. I live around the corner from it, and wouldn't be inclined to go in.. Seems popular though.

The Welcome Inn, just down the street is actually a nice spot, and a bit of a throwback from the 60s. Looks a bit naff from the outside, but they do a good pint and it ain't expensive.

Back on topic, I went to a place called The Conservative Club last night. Just off Camden Street. Private club where a mate was playing. Had to buzz to get in. Nice and different, and would defo go back.

K.

The conservative club? No sex please we're Irish kinda place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Degsy wrote: »
    Dont bring a girl next time,son.

Achilles wrote: »
    If you're ever heading in again (probably not) let me know... I'll make sure you guys have a much better experience.

Didnt know Fibbers was a gay bar..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Tails142 wrote: »
    The long stone by dawson street is a nice pub too
    Dawson Street?? Try Townsend Street. :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

girliegirl wrote: »

Best smoking area, defo not a good beer garden - far from it.

Didnt know Fibbers was a gay bar..

Erh it's not... All I meant was I know quite a few people in there and could introduce you to alot of them and make sure you and the missus have a laugh next time you head in.

I was only offering mate no need to be such a dick about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Big fan of The Hairy Lemon. If you're lucky enough to get a seat out the back, it's great for a chat. It's tiny though, but I love it!

Went for afterwork drinks in The Turks Head a few months ago. Nice spot. No smoking area though :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement