Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nice S4 on carzone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Saw this yesterday actually, 'tis madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,436 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

And I bet you €100 it is an import too... That reg is awful high - I have an '02 3 series brought in from the UK and reg'd in '05 - my reg is 02 D "lower than that" :D!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I bet u some ejit will buy that bargain S4 and go home happy. "She sounds very rough for a 4.2 petrol" says he :P

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

Prob bought it thinking it was an S4!

All these A4's with 'S4' on one side and '1.9TDI' on the other side of the boot do my head in. They look nothing like an S4.

'Female Owner' too - means it come complete with handbag scrape marks on the roof! Does anyone actually let the whole 'female' owner thing sway them? It makes me think of my sisters/girlfriends car that are generaly not looked after very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Seperate wrote: »
    'Female Owner' too - means it come complete with handbag scrape marks on the roof! Does anyone actually let the whole 'female' owner thing sway them? It makes me think of my sisters/girlfriends car that are generaly not looked after very well.

Agreed! I've seen first hand the way my sisters treat their cars!

Funny that she's actually taken a close-up pic of the "S4" badge... "ohhh look, here's a pic of the badge I stuck on" :D
    And to complete the look, it comes with cartoon number plates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

If the owner is reading, I hate you, you are a tit.
    I feel like leaving angry, threatening notes on these as.holes cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Seperate wrote: »

Agreed, I can never understand why people think "one lady owner" etc is a good thing.

In my experience girls do not take as good care of their cars as chaps.

Also they tend to coast, have the car in gear at the lights and use those roller car wash things a lot more than men.

Any women drivers I know don't know when to get the oil changed or check tyre pressure etc

On topic:

I can never understand this either, people who would know what an S4 was would know that that was not one, and the rest would pass by not even noticing!

Maybe they want people to know its an S4 kit? Its like people putting M3 badges on 316is. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

PaulKK wrote: »
    On topic:

I can never understand this either, people who would know what an S4 was would know that that was not one, and the rest would pass by not even noticing!

Maybe they want people to know its an S4 kit? Its like people putting M3 badges on 316is. :rolleyes:

That isnt an S4 kit. I have never seen any of these with actual S4 parts. Note the grille is different, chrome mirrors, chrome trim around grille, Xenons etc. It hasnt even got S4 wheels.

2482c_blueS4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

Its a woman......... probably bought the car as is and just wrote down what she saw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Matt Simis wrote: »
    That isnt an S4 kit. I have never seen any of these with actual S4 parts. Note the grille is different, chrome mirrors, chrome trim around grille, Xenons etc. It hasnt even got S4 wheels.

2482c_blueS4.jpg

Yup I know that one isn't an S4 kit! But I have seen one or two around with the kit and the badge (and the TDI badge). Usually of course they never get the correct wheels etc as you mentioned.

Much cooler are those with the S4 kit and no S4 badge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

What does it matter.

Everyone knows the 1.9 TTTTDDDIDDDIIIDDIIDII is a weapon.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The car came from Finn Motors where according to there now disabled website 'Our stock are handpicked from all over Ireland and the UK, this allows us to stock top quality cars at extremely competitive prices' :rolleyes:.

Can't be sure as well but it looks like the NCT cert is missing, that or i'm mistaking it for the insurance cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

PaulKK wrote: »
    Yup I know that one isn't an S4 kit! But I have seen one or two around with the kit and the badge (and the TDI badge). Usually of course they never get the correct wheels etc as you mentioned.

Much cooler are those with the S4 kit and no S4 badge ;)

They all have bumper extensions, not actual S4 bumpers. Not to mention the dummy exhaust on the other side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Email the idiot.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Female Owner in Immaculate condition inside
    Is she well groomed or what?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

kbannon wrote: »
    Is she well groomed or what?
    :D

Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

A description of the owners Medical shape perhaps !!!

"Female Owner in Immaculate condition inside.."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Tax disc, nct disc and insurance disc will have printed details of what the car actually is.

If you decide to turn your motor into a wannabe, just debadge, and enjoy the the kit. You be gain more respect for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I recently asked a guy that had this kit on his TDi what was the point in the S4 badge. He said that the guy up north that had fitted the kit put the S4 badge on. This kind of explains the reason why there are so many A4s with the quattro kit branding themselves as S4's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm surprised not to see the 1.9tdi badge on it as well :confused:

I don't understand these people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

VeVeX wrote: »
    He said that the guy up north that had fitted the kit put the S4 badge on.

Or he's telling porkies to avoid a verbal bashing!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JHMEG wrote: »
    What does it matter.

But what about a Japanese spec Civic with the treble underhand vtec camshafts and variable lift baseball cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Bettcha the guy selling the S4 badges is doing quite well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

There is a black A4 knocking around Galway that has a (cheap ass) RS4 body kit, cheap multifit RS4 replica wheels, an RS4 badge on the bottom left hand corner of the boot....and what pray tell what is on the bottom right hand corner of the boot - 1.9TDi! Compelmenting this is a faux exhaust, one is black and one is chrome - guess which one is real? Also, both the front and back bumpers have been meshed up with chrome mesh! The thing looks like an Aldi store threw up on it. I make a point of stopping, pointing and laughing at the idiot woman who drives it every time I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    There is a black A4 knocking around Galway that has a (cheap ass) RS4 body kit, cheap multifit RS4 replica wheels, an RS4 badge on the bottom left hand corner of the boot....and what pray tell what is on the bottom right hand corner of the boot - 1.9TDi! Compelmenting this is a faux exhaust, one is black and one is chrome - guess which one is real? Also, both the front and back bumpers have been meshed up with chrome mesh! The thing looks like an Aldi store threw up on it. I make a point of stopping, pointing and laughing at the idiot woman who drives it every time I see it.

I think I've seen this car too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

People who drive botched up "nice cars", should be kicked in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

JHMEG wrote: »
    What does it matter.

LOL. Sure all the diesel torque that engine has means it's WAY faster than anything this side of a rocket(I'd say it's even faster than one actually), so perhaps what's wrong with this ad is that it's "only" an S4 and not the brand new RS6 that has this engine:pac::pac:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

E92 wrote: »
    LOL. Sure all the diesel torque that engine has means it's WAY faster than anything this side of a rocket
    And unlike in rockets, you don't even need to change gear!:D;):P

• Advertisement
Advertisement