Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparantly a true story...

Options
  • 04-07-2008 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭

An Aussie radio station was having a competition to see could people come up with a new word to use in regular conversation. They weren't having much success when they got a caller who claimed he had a new word.
    "G'day listener, I believe you have a new word for us, what is it?"
    "Gaan" said the listener.
    "Hmmmm, have to say I've never heard of that before, so put it in a sentence for us and you could be our big cash winner..."
    "Gaan f*ck yerself, hahahaha...."
    The DJ immediately cut him off and rather indignantly apologised to his other listeners...
    "I must apologise for that dreadful language listeners, there's no place for that sort of filth on a family show. I really do apologise, but be certain you won't hear it again...."

Half an hour later, with still no success finding a new word, another caller gets put on the line.
    "G'day listener, it seems you have a new word never-before-heard for us. What's the word ?"
    "Smee" replied the listener.
    "Yeah, that certainly doesn't sound familiar. So, go ahead and see if you can be our big cash winner..."
    "Smee again, gaan f*ck yerself ".

Advertisement