Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Tusky wrote: »
    Who got bonus points in the Liverpool v Sunderland game ?

Reina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Reina.

Who else... ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Reina.

No he didnt

Nosworthy - 3
    Alonso - 2
    Collins - 1

KevIRL wrote: »
    No he didnt

Nosworthy - 3
    Alonso - 2
    Collins - 1

Bit strange that Torres got none. I know he was anonymous before the winning goal but he did score the only goal of the game, winning it for Liverpool.

No he didnt

Nosworthy - 3
    Alonso - 2
    Collins - 1

Reina got 7 points.

6- 4 for the clean sheet and 2 for over 60 minutes
    1- bonus/ saves

Total: 7

I would really appreciate it if you actually checked these things before replying to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Reina got 7 points.

1- bonus/ saves

I would really appreciate it if you actually checked these things before replying to me.

Erm there are other performance related points ,.Like man of the match.I'm afraid you are a little confused and an apology is in order:)

Erm there are other performance related points ,.Like man of the match.I'm afraid you are a little confused and an apology is in order:)

Man of the Match is just one means of a bonus point.

A defender gains bonus points for an exceptional game/ amount of effective tackles.

I would class a goalkeeper getting 1 point as a bonus point since it is given on the exceptional performance/ amount of saves.

Both very similar.

Reina got 7 points.

1- bonus/ saves

LOL the irony of it. 3 players in each game get bonus points given by the fantasy football game. The player who i judged to be man of the match gets 3, 2nd best player gets 2 and 3rd best player gets 1.

A keeper gets 1 point for every 3 saves made. These are not bonus points but part of the regular scoring system

From the site, here how points are allocated
    For playing in a game 1
    For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
    For each goal scored by your goalkeeper or defenders 6
    For each goal scored by your midfielders 5
    For each goal scored by your forwards 4
    For each goal assist 3
    For your goalkeeper / defender conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
    For your midfielder conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 1
    For every 3 shot saves made by your goalkeeper 1
    For every penalty save 5
    For every penalty miss -2
    Bonus points for the best players in a match 1-3
    For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
    For every yellow card -1
    For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3

and this is the sites explanation of bonus points
    Bonus points

The three best performing players in each match will receive additional bonus points. Three points will be awarded to the best player, two to the second best and a single point to the third.

Player performance is assessed by Press Association analysts, all of whom are ex-professional footballers, who attend each match. This assessment takes into account the quality of a player's overall performance and their contribution to the match result.

Bonus points are awarded within 1 hour of the last match of the day finishing.

I hope you can appreciate just how much of a fool you look now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

It does seem to show that the people who pick these things don't just pick whoever happened to score as much. Long may it continue.

LOL the irony of it. 3 players in each game get bonus points given by the fantasy football game. The player who i judged to be man of the match gets 3, 2nd best player gets 2 and 3rd best player gets 1.

A keeper gets 1 point for every 3 saves made. These are not bonus points but part of the regular scoring system

From the site, here how points are allocated

and this is the sites explanation of bonus points

I hope you can appreciate just how much of a fool you look now...

As I said in my previous post, I would equate that one point gained as an exceptional performance, therefore to me I would class it as a bonus point.

By the way, if you had explained it properly in the first place, I would of happily retracted what I said. Instead you gave me a short insulting response. I would not have disrespected you if you had showed me some respect in the first place.

• Advertisement

As I said in my previous post, I would equate that one point gained as an exceptional performance, therefore to me I would class it as a bonus point.

Well you can consider it whatever you want, its not a bonus point in the game, its a point for saves.

By the way, if you had explained it properly in the first place, I would of happily retracted what I said. Instead you gave me a short insulting response. I would not have disrespected you if you had showed me some respect in the first place.

LOL at this. How did I 'insult' you and where was I 'disrespectful' to in the first place?

This was my factual reply to your one word incorrect answer, would you care to point out where I was insulting or disrespectful please?
    No he didnt

Nosworthy - 3
    Alonso - 2
    Collins - 1

haha. But it doesnt really matter what you would equate a bonus point does it ? The fact that you asked for an apology when you were wrong is pretty cringeworthy.

It does seem to show that the people who pick these things don't just pick whoever happened to score as much. Long may it continue.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the season, the FF panel seem to have their favourites when it comes to the bonus points and I can remember some baffling decisions over the past few years.

Well you can consider it whatever you want, its not a bonus point in the game, its a point for saves.

Well you can forgive me I'm sure for assuming that whenever a player has an exceptional game, he gets a bonus point. Reina had plenty of saves, he did well, so I'm sorry for misinterpreting that 1 point as a bonus.

LOL at this. How did I 'insult' you and where was I 'disrespectful' to in the first place?

This was my factual reply to your one word incorrect answer, would you care to point out where I was insulting or disrespectful please?

In your first response to me, you didn't actually explain with any effort for common courtesy as to how Reina's "saves" point wasn't a bonus. That's how you disrespected me.

Well you can forgive me I'm sure for assuming that whenever a player has an exceptional game, he gets a bonus point. Reina had plenty of saves, he did well, so I'm sorry for misinterpreting that 1 point as a bonus.

LOL so its pretty safe to say that you didnt actually check these things out before you replyed to Tusky's post and said Reina got a bonus point, when in fact he didnt
    In your first response to me, you didn't actually explain with any effort for common courtesy as to how Reina's "saves" point wasn't a bonus. That's how you disrespected me.

I merely replied stating that Reina didnt get any bonus points and named the players who did. How you can make how I am being insulting, and disrepecting you and that my reply lacked any common courtesy is beyond me. Remember you posted a one word incorrect answer to Tusky's question. Then you got all arsy in your reply.

Anyway, I've wasted enough time on you. You got it wrong, just admit it and get on with things, grow up a bit for yourself. One final word of advice though, next time you go instructing someone to check their facts before replying, make sure that your own facts are correct. Otherwise you really do come out looking like the fool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

bleh bleh bleh, you're it!!!

Anywho, I've still got 6 players to go tomorrow... COME ON THE VILLA!!!!! I want a hat-trick from Ashleh Young

LOL so its pretty safe to say that you didnt actually check these things out before you replyed to Tusky's post and said Reina got a bonus point, when in fact he didnt

I honestly thought that getting the one point for the amount of saves was a bonus. Take defenders for instance, the maximum points that they can get that doesn't include bonus (or goals and assists) is 6. I assumed the same for Goalkeepers, that's why when I saw Reina got 7 I thought he got a bonus point.

I merely replied stating that Reina didnt get any bonus points and named the players who did. How you can make how I am being insulting, and disrepecting you and that my reply lacked any common courtesy is beyond me. Remember you posted a one word incorrect answer to Tusky's question. Then you got all arsy in your reply.

Tusky asked who got bonus points from that game. As I explained I honestly thought Reina got a bonus point, and he was the only player I had in that game that seemed to have gotten a bonus point. I gave Tusky what I thought was valid information.
    Anyway, I've wasted enough time on you. You got it wrong, just admit it and get on with things, grow up a bit for yourself. One final word of advice though, next time you go instructing someone to check their facts before replying, make sure that your own facts are correct. Otherwise you really do come out looking like the fool

I have basically admitted that I was wrong. And you seem to be trying to get a rise out of me with the manner in your posting. Have you nothing better to do on a Saturday night than to try and bait someone online?

*I've got boxing tomorrow, that's why I'm online instead of out*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I earned 25 points today with six players yet to play for me.

This is my team:

...........................Cech

......Laursen...........Carvalho..............Evra

......Valencia......A.Young........Downing.....Bentley

.........Adebayor (c).....Tevez......Ashton

Subs: Kirkland, L. Young, De Ridder, Hoefkens.

I was disappointed with Adebayor today. He looked off the boil. Ashton helped me out big time though. Hopefully I'll get a good few points tomorrow. A Chelsea and Villa clean sheet and a goal by Tevez would do nicely.

Can't believe how many people are in the Boards league by the way! Finishing in the top 100 would suit me. :pac:

It will be interesting to see what happens over the season, the FF panel seem to have their favourites when it comes to the bonus points and I can remember some baffling decisions over the past few years.

*cough* Fabregas and Ronaldo *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Took Ashton out of my team last night to get Nasri in. :o Bitter sweet.

Van Persie getting injured warming up really hasn't helped either as I had him as captain. Arggghhh!

Really interesting to see the varied team selections in all the leagues that I'm in, makes a good change.

Something I noticed, what is it with Liverpool supporters making sure they always have 3 Liverpool players in their team? They seem to be the only supporters that consistently do this.
    becuz tey brilllliant an goooona win da leeeeeeeeeeeegue

• Advertisement

*cough* Fabregas and Ronaldo *cough*

yup, Richards/Dunne for city always seemed to get them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Only got around to joining the league now, bit stupid on my part seeing as i'll miss out on the points from today. Does anyone know who got the bonus points for the west ham game? I have ashton and don't understand how he didn't get at least 1.

carlop wrote: »
    Only got around to joining the league now, bit stupid on my part seeing as i'll miss out on the points from today. Does anyone know who got the bonus points for the west ham game? I have ashton and don't understand how he didn't get at least 1.

Upson - 3
    Palacious - 2
    Zaki - 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Upson - 3
    Palacious - 2
    Zaki - 1

Thanks, pretty weird that ashton didn't get at least 1, he must have done fcuk all apart from the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

31 points is a solid start with 4 players to go today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Xavi6 wrote: »
    31 points is a solid start with 4 players to go today.

exact same here but with 6 to play today Luke and Ashley Young, Bojinov, Evra, Glen Johnson & Martin Laursen so im fairly happy with 31 atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Poor start from me, mostly due to poor choices of strikers and my captain being Van Persie.

20 points from me, but with

Friedel
    Ferdinand
    Young L
    Neville
    Young A
    Carrick

I'm hoping for 2 clean sheets giving me 26 points, then some goals please :)
    However what I'm really hoping for is that one of them doesn't play. I have Ashton as my first choice sub so theres 10 points waiting to come off the bench :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

54 Points on day one...only Carvalho left to play for me today though :rolleyes:

Damn Adebayor (my captain) for not scoring and stupid Bolton for conceding in injury time, it cost me 10 points!!!

Ready to mix up my team with the substitutes (Modric, Nelsen and Jagielka) for next Gameweek, and 3.5M in the bank to get a solid new player in! Was thinking of brining in Santa Cruz (Blackburn playing at home with HC), but at the same time I wouldn't know who to take out of my strikers (Adebayor now way, and both Yakubu and Bent have soft games next week :confused: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Boards league ranked 11th out of nearly 100,000 after day 1!!

54 points a fairly funky start there triple ace,i'm delighted with my 39.

• Advertisement

Boards league ranked 11th out of nearly 100,000 after day 1!!

54 points a fairly funky start there triple ace,i'm delighted with my 39.

11th...no way. That is absolutely phenomenal! Does it calculate the average score or somethign ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Joe Cole:D

11th...no way. That is absolutely phenomenal! Does it calculate the average score or somethign ?

I'd imagine so,but only guessing.
    I'm off to find out...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I had Cole in my original team. I'd have to change around a couple of players to get him back in but I might do. He'll get a load of goals and assists this season now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It's taken from the top 5 people in each league. At least it was before. We finished pretty high last season as well.

Hmmm, I knew it was risky putting James and Distin in with the opening two fixtures, hope this doesn't turn into a free for all for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I had Cole in my original team. I'd have to change around a couple of players to get him back in but I might do. He'll get a load of goals and assists this season now.

Do you think he'll start all the time? I reckon hes got to, they're pretty badly stuck for good wide players, they've too many quality central midfielders

• Advertisement

After some quick PI work..
    Looks like total sore for league divided by no of teams for an average per player.
    Boards in 11th overall with an average of 55.6 pts per player which is excellent.
    Early days I know but let's try and win this people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Stupid Essein being injured.
    I put him in when I knew Fabregas wouldnt be playing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ballack off :(

At least he got an assist before we went. Hope it's not too serious, I don't want to start making changes already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

J.Cole oh ye:D...:(..no wait..ive James and Johnson...:L..

Damn Essien. Although I have 3-pointer Collins coming on which is better than most of my players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Have both Campbell and Johnson:-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Early days I know but let's try and win this people!

Not to rain on your parade but it's going to be pretty hard for a leagues as big as boards to win. More likely a small league of 10 or so players where everyone is doing well will top the rankings.

Having said that coming 11th is phenomenal considering our size (I'm not helping being in 667th!

On a separate note Lampard as captain could well be my saving grace this week. Gonna have to take a serious look at my team at the end of this Gameweek, I'm not confident my selections are right.

wtf no teves, i never got that memo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Stupid Carvalho. Blocking Krancjar's volley with his arm, that was definitely going in... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

almanu wrote: »
    wtf no teves, i never got that memo
    hes gone home for a family bereavement

landydef wrote: »
    hes gone home for a family bereavement
    could have waited till monday lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yes yes yes yes yes :)
    Neville doesn't start!! Lets hope he stays off!
    Ashton comes in as my sub if he doesn't!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

SantryRed wrote: »
    Have both Campbell and Johnson:-(

had Glen Johnson myself just be happy players cant be on minus points (i think)

Bollox, Tevez isn't playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Distin + James :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement