Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I had Distin Johnson and James, but after seeing Portsmouth play United twice in pre-season I quickly realised their defense has gone to ****e. Swapped it to Villa instead, so come on Young and Friedal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Ballack as captain. Nice assist, but it was a pity he didn't take the penalty. Or make it past 30 odd minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol Pompey were always going to get a hiding at Chelsea, hence none of their players in my team. Great result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Not to rain on your parade but it's going to be pretty hard for a leagues as big as boards to win. More likely a small league of 10 or so players where everyone is doing well will top the rankings.

Having said that coming 11th is phenomenal considering our size (I'm not helping being in 667th!

I know it'd be extremely diffucult,but just something else to strive for for the duration,it's supposed to be fun afterall.
    ATM it's all the bigger leagues at the top but as I said early days and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

ATM it's all the bigger leagues at the top but as I said early days and all that.

Where can you find the list of league rankings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I went to get a cup of tea and...

1627: GOAL Aston Villa 2-1 Man City

1626: GOAL Man Utd 1-1 Newcastle

1624: GOAL Man Utd 0-1 Newcastle

I have Friedel, L.Young & Ferdinand in my team :( Feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dave! wrote: »
    Distin + James :(

Yep, me too. Disasterous day:

Tevez, my captain, not playing.

Pompey capitulating defensively. They were a rock last season, the combo of Distin & James got me countless points. Definitely one to rethink, even if it was Chelsea they were playing.

Ballack getting injured early on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So replacing Ashton with Agbonlahor turned out to be a good idea afterall.:D:pac:

A. Young (c), Deco, and Agbonlahor made this a much better day than yesterday. A respectable start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

put in martins which has paid off put in luke young even though i meant to put in ashely doh!:rolleyes:

on 48 pts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bojinov out for months again, anyone have any suggestions who i could replace him with... its going to be hard as he was my bargain pick at 6m iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Thank god I had abonglahor in my team. Got me a respectable number...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Pompey capitulating defensively. They were a rock last season, the combo of Distin & James got me countless points. Definitely one to rethink, even if it was Chelsea they were playing.

You have to look at their opening fixtures though. Chelsea away, Utd home and Everton away. There was never gonna be many clean sheets there.

JæKæ wrote: »
    You have to look at their opening fixtures though. Chelsea away, Utd home and Everton away. There was never gonna be many clean sheets there.

They had a pretty tough opening last season too iirc.

Bad day after a good start yesterday. Partly in judgement, having Distin & James, but Tevez not playing and Ballack getting injured was just bad luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

This week went v. badly for me.
    Carrick injuried after 20 minutes. Van Persie not starting. Bentley being ****e :) United concedding :/

Ashton coming in as my sub will pop me up to about 40, which is solidish enough, but next week is gona be better hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

The premier league page seems to be down for a while. Everyone must be checking it or updates are happening.

The probably need another srever if thats the wayits gonna be for the season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I wonder if anyone had Fletcher in their squad? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

59 Points before bonus points thanks in large part to Agbonlahor :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Thank God for Deco- pushed me up to 50. if I could keep that as a consistent score I'll be fine.

Van persie as my captain back-fired but still solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Once today's points are added I'll be on 69 before bonus points, not bad since I ****ed up my formation and only had 10 players earning points I think :P

51 points, not bad although Tevez was my captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

56 points for me. Not bad for opening week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

51 points for me for opening week. Not bad considering too of my players started on the bench and my back four all conceded 2 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

46 for me, its above the average but pretty crap nonetheless

50 points without my captain. Not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Absolute disaster. 34 points.

74, Christ I wish I'd updated my team before the weekend, didn't even realise I had to pick a captain. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

30 points :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

a slightly dissapointing 43, today didnt go well except for the 7 points from Ashley young.

0 Glen Johnson, 1 Laursen & L.Young, 0 Bojinov getting injured before kick-off...bad day all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

57 points to start with. solid start so im happy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

54, not bad, especially considering adebayor was my captain. How many people are in the league all together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

689 for Gameweek 1.

That's how many are in the league not my points!

A measly 39. Not good seeing as you want to be averaging around 50 a week to keep with the pace. Hopefully a few clever transfers will make the difference.

68 points, very happy with that after week 1.

On the head to head leagues, how do they work out the goal difference, I can see the + relates to your points scored but what is the - figure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

OPENROAD wrote: »
    On the head to head leagues, how do they work out the goal difference, I can see the + relates to your points scored but what is the - figure?
    They use the points from the team that you were in the head to head against. If they score 70 points in a gameweek and you score 50 they'll be on on +20 and you'll be on -20

The points the guy you were matched against this week scored.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    They use the points from the team that you were in the head to head against. If they score 70 points in a gameweek and you score 50 they'll be on on +20 and you'll be on -20

:o tks I knew it was something simple like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I am absolutely kicking myself today. Agbonlahor was the guy I sacrificed from my team for Tevez because I wanted a United player up front. I then find out that not only did Tevez not play, Agbonlahor gets a bloody hat-trick! I'm such a knob. :rolleyes:

I've learnt an important lesson. Never let sentimentality win the day.

On more positive news I've won my head to head 50-49. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

62 points.... decent enough. and thank you fab for getting injured. put in deco as my caption instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

49 points. Respectable but not awesome. Had Cole and Nasri but inexplicably chose Ferdinand as my captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

A miserable 34 points!Had ashton on the bench when he 10 so not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Bah! Forgot to make substitutions, I had Carew on the bench and the fecker scored today! :(
    36 points and 521th place after Week 1- for someone who doesn't really know what he's doing, I'm happy enough :)

43. Average enough start but solid all the same. Build on it next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

38... Bonus points for Downing and Young, and Bentley getting an assist, made it not a complete disaster.

Must do better next week though!

Gonna have to drop the Pompy players actually, so that I can cheer on United next week without feeling like I'm doing myself a disservice :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone thinking of transfers at this early stage?

Yep. Bojinov has to go.

• Advertisement

Definitely. I only picked 7 of my players and randomly picked the rest to make up the numbers. I chose Agbonlahor on purpose though, thought it was a pretty obvious choice.

Anyone thinking of transfers at this early stage?

Yep. I wasn't sure of the extent of Ballack's injury, so I swapped him for Deco before prices fluctuated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Is Djourou going to be a regular starter for Arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

46 points with Rio, Brown and Laursen as my back 3!! :rolleyes: Fecking Berbatov as my captain as well! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

bohsman wrote: »
    Is Djourou going to be a regular starter for Arsenal?

nope

managed 48 points myself. meh...

• Advertisement
Advertisement