Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

63, happy enough with that really. No particualrly high scoring player, highest was an 8, just consistency amongst them, which I thought was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Heh heh, I went from 600 and something on Saturday to 38 yesterday!:pac: 62 Points, I've set myself a high bar!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Stargal wrote: »
    Had Cole and Nasri but inexplicably chose Ferdinand as my captain.

Most people expected United to keep a clean sheet I think. I've seen a few people with United defenders or Van Der Sar as their captain.
    Anyone thinking of transfers at this early stage?

Yep. Could make wholesale changes if I'm honest as all bar two of my players got less 2 points or less. Too early to tell though. Right now, top of the list is selling Petrov for Nasri or McCann for Geovanni.

What's the story with Tevez, is he due to return for this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

43pts.
    I'm happy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Most people expected United to keep a clean sheet I think. I've seen a few people with United defenders or Van Der Sar as their captain.
    Yeah that was my thinking too but unfortunately he ended up being one of the lowest scoring players I had. Boo. Thinking of changing it to Joe Cole or Torres for next week.

Coming 198th in the boards league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

14th in boards league.

I'm actually a bit disappointed with this, as it's more than likely going to be downhill from here! Would prefer to have started poorly and fininshed strongly! Ah well!

Stargal wrote: »
    Yeah that was my thinking too but unfortunately he ended up being one of the lowest scoring players I had.

So you explicably chose him as your captain then.

In other news, boards has now dropped to being the 49th best league after yesterday's results. Still a pretty impressive achievement considering its size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

66 points this weekend, not bad

does anyone have the code for the "off the ball" league? it's ranked 6/101623

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A meh week for me on 44 points. Got beaten in the head-to-head by a team I would beat 9 out of 10 times.

Was stung by Ferdinand/VDS but Arteta and Barry did very well. My 3 strikers managed 8 points this week (including the captain).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

By default when you created your team it stuck the keeper in as Capt so a lot of those with VDS as Capt may have not got around to changing their team around

So you explicably chose him as your captain then.

In other news, boards has now dropped to being the 49th best league after yesterday's results. Still a pretty impressive achievement considering its size.

It's nothing to do with size. They take the top 5 out of the league and get their average. So a bigger league will be more likely to do better.

wardie wrote: »
    By default when you created your team it stuck the keeper in as Capt so a lot of those with VDS as Capt may have not got around to changing their team around

That'll explain a certain amount alright but I still think most people were expecting Man U to keep a clean sheet.
    It's nothing to do with size. They take the top 5 out of the league and get their average. So a bigger league will be more likely to do better.

Odd, I could swear blind that I read they'd changed it this year. Maybe it's the fact that they're listing the number of managers now that made me think it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

The boards.ie league done extremely well in the league rankings last year. I cant remember its exact placing but it really was unbelievably good. I took screenshot but they're on my laptop at home so I can post it up later.
    Then we can see how the league fared last year

Odd, I could swear blind that I read they'd changed it this year. Maybe it's the fact that they're listing the number of managers now that made me think it or something.

The table shows the private leagues whose top 5 managers have the best average scores. To be included in this table, there must be at least 5 managers in the league.

They've always listed the number of managers, I think. Interestingly, the top league after week 1 has only 19 managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

bohsman wrote: »
    Is Djourou going to be a regular starter for Arsenal?

ya was wondering that...I have Toure and he played towards the end but I can see him playing from the start from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I sold Torres for Adebayor, thinking he'd score a few against WBA, and Ashton for Bent thinking the same after a great pre-season. What a disappointment.

My focus is on one league this year where I currently lie in fourth, the family league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Im sure Toure will get his CB place back, he is only just after coming off a bout of Malaria iirc im sure he just was 100% fit having only had 1 recent preseason game under his belt (or was that the CL qualifier) either way he is much better than Djourou and should start ahead of him, especially when the new muted CM is brought in.

I do like Djourou though and rate him above his compatriot Senderos even though he is his junior CB partner with Switzerland.

...Just changed Ashley Young to being my captain this week, think he might pick up a goal and assist this week against Stoke (atleast thats the hope). Had to swap Bojinov for another striker though as i only had three including him (who is out for 6months) got Davies from Bolton, woulda prefered someone else but only had 6m.

Had to swap Bojinov for another striker though as i only had three including him (who is out for 6months) got Davies from Bolton, woulda prefered someone else but only had 6m.

Miller from WBA impressed me on Saturday against Arsenal and at only 5m looks a decent option for a cheap striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Whats peoples opinion on their own teams?

Been lookin at the other teams in my main league and I genuinely think mine is far better than all the others, apart from maybe one. A lot of the Boards teams dont look as good as mine either but there are some pretty strong ones

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Mine is crap = poor position in league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Any word on the whole Berbatov saga? Debating what to do with him, I reckon there's better value out there but may keep him if he did sign...soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Anyone looking at Silvestre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Anyone looking at Silvestre?
    is he going to get a game , i wouldnt be to hasty tbh, i feel he,s cover for gilchy, but then again he could replace sendoros so it could go either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Need a good week after a pretty average 1st week - 42 points

One major question - Noble of West Ham or Geovanni of Hull??

Opinions greatly appreciated :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

...Just changed Ashley Young to being my captain this week, think he might pick up a goal and assist this week against Stoke (atleast thats the hope). Had to swap Bojinov for another striker though as i only had three including him (who is out for 6months) got Davies from Bolton, woulda prefered someone else but only had 6m.

Shame about Bojinov, he had the potential to bag a load of goals this season. Also going to go for Young as captain, a touch risky but could pay off in spades. Brough Guitierez in for Osman, he looked impressive against Utd last week and could be a bargain at 6m if Newcastle play well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've brought in Alonso on a transfer and sold Valencia. I don't see Wigan getting much joy against Chelski.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

brought in Ashley Cole for Lescott.
    my only decision now is who my caption is going to be. Deco served me well last week, and wigan are a weakish side too.
    But villa are playing stoke (who look to be the whipping boys this year) and Young might bag a few in that.
    dilemmas dilemmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Took out Bale for Warnock, hoping for a Blackburn clean sheet and maybe a assist if I'm lucky.
    Bale would have stayed in but he's not guaranteed to start, don't know why Essuo Ekotto was starting for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Sold evra to buy bosingwa purely for the extra .5

Do people think its worth the extra transfer to either get rid of petrov and bring in ashley young or sell darren bent and bring in gabby agbong??

Oppinions would be fo shizle etc etc...

btw why isnt this thread stickied at the top like last year yet?

• Advertisement

Sold ireland for joey o'brien for the extra million. Have 2 Villa defenders so really hoping they keep the clean sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Thinking of getting rid of Giggs but can't decide between Deco and Joe Cole :(:confused:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Thinking of getting rid of Giggs but can't decide between Deco and Joe Cole :(:confused:

Id say Cole will start more games, i have him for that reason

Id say Cole will start more games, i have him for that reason

Just looking to bring either of them in for a week or two as I will transfer Cesc in when he is fit. Cole might be the better bet.

OK, changed my mind, kept Giggs, instead Osman out Nasri in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Same team as last week for me. 5-3-2. Only change was selling Bojinov and bringing in Ish Miller as a sub to give me an extra 0.9 in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ashley Young captain for me, better pay off :) I need a big win today to stay in touch, don't want to fall behind this early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just the one change, not going nuts on the transfers this year.

Baines out Ooijer in.

Bentley capt.

ive got deco as cpt , have young aswell but deco gets the nod, im not doing to bad, im first in my own league , and im 7,273,0932nd in the boards league so happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Adebayor can't have two scoreless weeks in a row, surely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Adebayor can't have two scoreless weeks in a row, surely!

+1
    Lwft him as my captain again this week.
    Surely he can score against Fulham...

ok just a heads up.if your thinking of gettin ronaldo make sure you buy him a week before he comes back as you will save your self .5 to 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

almanu wrote: »
    ok just a heads up.if your thinking of gettin ronaldo make sure you buy him a week before he comes back as you will save your self .5 to 1.

At most he can rise in price by .1 a day. Most people will probably wait till he comes back before spending 14m on him to make sure he's going to be in any way effective this year.

first of all transfer prices are RECORDED on a weekly basis it was just a heads up , considering he is able to score 80 pts a week just felt it important.

first of all transfer prices are RECORDED on a weekly basis it was just a heads up , considering he is able to score 80 pts a week just felt it important.

80 points?
    Thats 90 minutes, 3 point bonus, clean sheet, 6 goals and an assist with him as your captain....

Nope, machiavellianme is right. A player can go up on a daily basis but only by .1

The daily price rise is dependant on the number of transfers in so when he comes back he will go up by .1 maybe 2 days in a row but then likely wont move till most transfers are made the following Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Frisbee wrote: »
    80 points?
    Thats 90 minutes, 3 point bonus, clean sheet, 6 goals and an assist with him as your captain....

Yep never seen someone get more than 40 odd and I think that was Franky Lamps late last season.

eh no its 2 goals 3 assists clean sheet and him as cpt are you going to tell me he cant do that when he has two games in a week.it was just a bench mark to what he,s capable of scoring no biggie lads jeez

eh no its 2 goals 3 assists clean sheet and him as cpt are you going to tell me he cant do that when he has two games in a week.it was just a bench mark to what he,s capable of scoring no biggie lads jeez

no its not

2 goals - 10
    3 assists - 9
    90 minutes - 2
    bonus - 3

total of 24

24 x2 is 48

Maths ftw

And having one midweek game and one weekend game doesnat happen very often. Co no point quoting that as the norm, the norm is having one match a gameweek, so use that as your basis instead of what suits you to prove your point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

What are you all talking about? :confused:

Advertisement