Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

wardie wrote: »
    Nope, machiavellianme is right. A player can go up on a daily basis but only by .1

The daily price rise is dependant on the number of transfers in so when he comes back he will go up by .1 maybe 2 days in a row but then likely wont move till most transfers are made the following Friday

And to add to that, the +/- 0.1m per day is based on activity. So on a given day, 20,000 (random figure that midfielders ususally rise after) might buy Ronaldo and cause him to go up 0.1m from 8am the next morning. If however 500,000 people buy him the same day, he will still only rise by 0.1m the next morning. So even if everyone playing FF this season bought him the same day, he might only rise by 0.1m. If its a long drawn out affair protracted over a few weeks/months he might rise to a higher value providing everyone doesnt rush into buying him the same day.

Frisbee wrote: »
    no its not

2 goals - 10
    3 assists - 9
    90 minutes - 2
    CLEAN SHEET - 1
    bonus - 3

total of 25

25 x2 is 50

Maths ftw

And having one midweek game and one weekend game doesnat happen very often. Co no point quoting that as the norm, the norm is having one match a gameweek, so use that as your basis instead of what suits you to prove your point.

Fixed that for you. Currently United stand to play 2 games in one gameweek on at least 1 occasion (seeing as they arent playing Fulham in Gameweek 3). I'd doubt it'll happen more than 4 times all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Damn, knew I wouldn't be up before 11.30 :(

Still, the team looks alright. Bentley is el capitan again... do a job please!

Villa are playing Stoke aren't they? They're capable of keeping a clean sheet, surely.

Cos I have Laursen and Luke Young :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Frisbee wrote: »
    no its not

2 goals - 10
    3 assists - 9
    90 minutes - 2
    bonus - 3

total of 24

24 x2 is 48

Maths ftw

And having one midweek game and one weekend game doesnat happen very often. Co no point quoting that as the norm, the norm is having one match a gameweek, so use that as your basis instead of what suits you to prove your point.
    48 x 2 = 96 so eh its 96 pts instead of 80 , now as i said its a bench mark and prem teams do play 2 games a week can we just leave it at that with out over analizing everything i say jeeeeeezzzzzzzz aaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just take the tip yeah no hassle in the castle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Transferred Petrov out for Nasri earlier in the week.

At the very least I've made a cool 0.1m. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Transferred Petrov out for Nasri earlier in the week.

At the very least I've made a cool 0.1m. :cool:

I did a straight swap, Modric out and Nasri in, they're the same price. I was watching the Boro/ Spurs game last week and it was like Modric was playing a holding midfield role, he barely got forward. Shocking stuff.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I did a straight swap, Modric out and Nasri in, they're the same price.

As was Petrov but Nasri went up by .1 after I bought him. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Nice, he had a great menace about him last week and was really threatening. I just hope that Arsenal can inject some real steel into their midfield so Nasri doesn't get bogged down in central mid duties.

Yeah but its a worthless 0.1m at the moment ,as you'll lose it if you sell him before he goes up another 0.1m. You only get to keep half the profits (rounded down), but if someone goes down 0.1m you suffer the entire loss.

Yeah, but it's real money right? I get to keep whatever I make at the end of the season, right?

• Advertisement

Got cECH in for James and wheater in for Scharner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Dave! wrote: »
    Damn, knew I wouldn't be up before 11.30 :(
    ah shíte. i made a subsitution at about 12 thinking it'd go in for this gameweek. also too late in putting bentley as my captain i guess. Happy enough to have van Persie as captain though. He scored on Wednesday.
    Nice, he had a great menace about him last week and was really threatening. I just hope that Arsenal can inject some real steel into their midfield so Nasri doesn't get bogged down in central mid duties.
    That's why I got Modric out of my team before the first game. It was obvious from pre-season he wouldn't be playing an attacking role. Nasri really impressed in pre-season so I got him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

almanu wrote: »
    prem teams do play 2 games a week

Yes but a team will only have two games in one week two maybe three times in a season. So saying he can score 80 points in a game week is a silly statement to make as the large majority of the time they'll only be playing one match a week.

You said he is able to score 80 points a week, but only in the weeks which have two matches. You really should have said it in your first post...

Yeah, I heard good things about him and, to be honest, any player that does really well in Gameweek 1 almost always goes up in price. I wanted to get in at the ground level for once.

My TV was bust last weekend so I didn't get to see any of the action. I know I could get it online or whatever but I'm a little luddite like that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hat-trick for Agbonlahor hopefully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

step it up roque!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

well people arent going to be happy with Villa's defense again today and with som many people relying on it. Could be a really low scoring day all round today if games dont perk up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Did Joe Cole get like 52 points last year as captain in a game last year or over 2 in the same week.He got 4 goals or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Got rid of Osman and he goes and scores :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Another goal for the Yak :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Two assists for Young, el capitan :D

Two assists for Young, el capitan :D

Same as. Assist for Lescott too and goals from the Yak and Laursen :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

despite conceeding 2 Villa are saving me today 2 assists from captain Young and a goal for Laursen

Young hasnt been given the 2nd assist.

FFS,Everton conceded,robbed me of 2 clean sheets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

titan18 wrote: »
    Young hasnt been given the 2nd assist.

Hopefully it will be, the site is down right now, there must be thousands of people checking.

Carragher better be awarded that scrappy goal!

Hopefully it will be, the site is down right now, there must be thousands of people checking.

Carragher better be awarded that scrappy goal!

Its an assist instead of a goal

ah ha the oul reliables lescott and laursen, duff was rubbish looks like pre season was a flash in the pan he,s on his bike.no room for passengers in brownstar bumgrade, i need nasri to score and deco and teves to have a blinder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ade / Walcott, a hattrick of goals and assists, purlease? :)

And a clean sheet for Clichy will do nicely as well. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Have Young, Laursen, Gerrard and Arteta in my team so havent done too badly hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Young and Laursen thank you. Everyone else can f*ck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Come on cech,j.cole,deco nd ferdinand..save my week:(..made 5 transfers i think thats -16..and how many points am i on.......16!..sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Young better get that 2nd assist and the 3 bonus points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Anyone else have Given?? :cool:
    Have already beaten last weeks total with rooney, fat frank and kapo to come tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Seems like they gave an assisst to Carew? Haven't seen the 2nd goal so was there a flick on there?

No clean sheet for Clichy :(

• Advertisement

Awful, awful weekend for me unless Carvalho can score a hat-trick tomorrow.

c,mon nasri you ugly ugly boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Good to see I'm carrying on my fantastic form from last year. Got rid f Gerrard to get Deco in and made him captain. :rolleyes: What's the odds Deco doesn't even play tomorrow?

I love and hate this game in equal measures!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Good to see I'm carrying on my fantastic form from last year. Got rid f Gerrard to get Deco in and made him captain. :rolleyes: What's the odds Deco doesn't even play tomorrow?

I love and hate this game in equal measures!
    oh my god you just put the mockkers on it nowBaZmO if he,s not playing im blaming YOU.............aaaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

almanu wrote: »
    oh my god you just put the mockkers on it nowBaZmO if he,s not playing im blaming YOU.............aaaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    That's ok, I'll fully accept any blame!

• Advertisement

f*cking st*pid dam game ruining my life lol lmao crazy stutter eye twicth lol lmao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fairly pleased with the day's events. Laursen got me a cool 7 points and Young as captain got me a nice 10. Six players still to play.

This game is going to ruin my life.

amacachi wrote: »
    This game is going to ruin my life.

Well there's your first problem. It's soooo much more than just a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Trampas

was is the bonus points system so bias to english players

Trampas wrote: »
    was is the bonus points system so bias to english players

No I don't think it is towards English players.

Last season Cesc got bonus after bonus for me, Ronaldo, Dunne to name but three players and none of those three are English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Consistent.

Young, Lauren, Lescott, Carragher all with assists/goal.

midfield/fprwards was a nightmare but 41 with Deco (C) and ferdinand to play means two weeks over the 50 mark (fingers crossed) which is my aim. Consistent over 50 will win 9/10 private leagues.

*Jut noticed up to 41 for boards on saturday night and leading most of my private leagues (bar two from 7) so happy so far.

25 Points 4 players left to play including James, Vidic, Giggs and Lampard as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Today was very very bad for me :/ My strategy of investing in defence has not worked out so far, and the whole Fabregas getting injuried thing has hurt me too, especially when I swapped Carrick in :/

Also Young not getting that assist, or a bonus point, really messed me up as he was captain :/

22 with 3 left to play (Ferdinand, Neville, Ashton)

Bonus 3 for Lescott and bonus 2 for Clichy (somehow!) gives me 40 points with Green, Scholes and Ferdinand left.

I need Chelsea to concede.

• Advertisement
Advertisement