Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I had 3 Fulham players on the bench, each getting 6 points, ugh.

Still though, I've got 40 points with Brown and Carvalho to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

27 points with just Evra and Faubert to play:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

hmmmm Villa vs Stoke, stock up on Villa players and stick Agbonlahor as captain seemed like a good idea :(

coupled with Reina, Torres, Dunn etc = rubbish week! 27pts with Deco, Ashton and Brown to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

mmmm 28 points with deco, chec, ferdinand and teves still to playif i could just get 30 -35 pts with them id be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Pretty bad, only 24 but still have 6 to play. My SSF team is kicking this team's ass. Who needs top 4 players eh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

40 points so far this week with Deco and Evra left to play. Forgeting to log in and leaving Adebayor as captain has crippled me a bit (would have changed to Deco).

34, with Carvalho, Ferdinand, Tevez and Ashton still to play (well, Carvalho to continue to play at this stage).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

27 points... waiting on James, Ashton, and Petrov.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

atleast it seems everryone else has done as badly as I have so far... 35ponits this week with Evra and G.Johnson to go, cmon 0-0 at Fratton Park.

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That's ok, I'll fully accept any blame!
    BaZmO* i never had any fears ,go on deco my son and as cpt aswell 16 pts and 7 from brain damage chec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A Chelsea clean sheet gives me another 12 points. Evra, Tevez and Ashton still to come hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

almanu wrote: »
    BaZmO* i never had any fears ,go on deco my son and as cpt aswell 16 pts and 7 from brain damage chec
    Getting Deco in and putting him as captain seems inspired now. Hopefully he'll get some bonus points too.

Hangeland to replace Young?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Go on Elano, make it a hat-trick. :)

Bah, Petrov didn't get an assist for the first and he should have. Must've been because Upson got a jammy foot on it.

• Advertisement

thinking of using my wildcard already to change this

.........................Reina..................
    L.Young...G.Johnson...Laursen...Evra

.......Bentley.....Gerrard.....Young

.......Davies......Torres.......Alves

to this

.........................Cech.....................

........Bosingwa....Laursen...Lescott

..Bentley.....Elano......Arteta.....Young

........Carew....Yakubu...Santa Cruz

good change or is it just crazy to use the wildcard now?

thinking of using my wildcard already to change this

.........................Reina..................
    L.Young...G.Johnson...Laursen...Evra

.......Bentley.....Gerrard.....Young

.......Davies......Torres.......Alves

to this

good change or is it just crazy to use the wildcard now?

I think you should sit tight and give it about 3 more game weeks at least. See if you get an improvement.

I hope to preserve my wildcard until about November, December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

just used my wildcard, could be too far behind by november!! up sh*t creek already :eek: used it week 3 last year and went on to win the two leagues i was in.... so fingers crossed...

I am thinking of changing three players on my team.Might just take the points hit instead of wildcard.

corban wrote: »
    just used my wildcard, could be too far behind by november!! used it week 3 last year and went on to win the two leagues i was in....

thats my thinking atm too, im not too happy with my current side and think if i wait it might be too late. havent decide yet though

I would assume most people will use their wildcard if they are bringing Ronaldo in when he gets back from Injury as they will probably have to make a few changes that week to raise the cash for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jeez I never use my wildcard until the end of the January transfer window at the earliest.

Couple of years back I didn't use it til Easter and got a heap of United players in who had a fixture backlog and ended up playing twice in one or two game weeks. Racked up the points with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

I am thinking of changing three players on my team.Might just take the points hit instead of wildcard.

i'd take the hit, its only 8 points, i made 8 changes!

i had two villa defs and they are shipping goals, my strikers were crap, i'm sure adebayor will come good as arsenal will come back, but i cant afford to wait... blackburn might struggle too this season so i got rid of two of their players aswell....

I think the time to use the wildcard this season might be when Ronaldo comes back. If he hits the ground running, he'll be a must have. But to accommodate him, teams will have to be damn near rearranged completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

64 points so far this weekend. Elano, Cech and Ireland doing the business!

Still have Vidic, Rio Ferdinand and Tevez to play tomorrow, could be looking at 80 plus points going well

I'm giving Darren Bent 1-2 more weeks and he might be getting the axe. Carew looks a worthy replacement.

Keeping faith with David Bently, only 2 points at the weekend but he was excellent and almost got a few assists

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

31 Points with just James Vidic and Giggs to play, a bad weekend points wise for me that said I won't panic had a good first week.

I'm sitting on 40 points at the minute with Tevez and Evra to come. A United clean sheet and a good Tevez display should see me hit the 50 pts mark which I'd be happy enough with.

I'm a bit concerned about having Adebayor as he's done nothing so far but I fear if I took him out he'd grab a hat-trick out of spite. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

63 Go on Deco my son- Captain fantastic!

Still have ferdinand tomorrow so if united keep a clean sheet I'll be over 70 and 55 last week is a damn good showing.

Also can someone explain why Fabe has dropped from 40% ownership to 18% without a corresponding price drop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I'm sitting on 40 points at the minute with Tevez and Evra to come. A United clean sheet and a good Tevez display should see me hit the 50 pts mark which I'd be happy enough with.

I'm a bit concerned about having Adebayor as he's done nothing so far but I fear if I took him out he'd grab a hat-trick out of spite. :)
    Same as, Im on 40 points with Tevez and Rio to play.

I just cant seem to pick the right strikers so far this year, Walcott has been very dissapointing and I was a week too late with Agbonlahor. So hopefully Tevez will make up for it tonight! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Same as, Im on 40 points with Tevez and Rio to play.

I just cant seem to pick the right strikers so far this year, Walcott has been very dissapointing and I was a week too late with Agbonlahor. So hopefully Tevez will make up for it tonight! :)

My strilkers have managed 1 assist and 0 goals between them so far this season. Shocking ain't the word. Am I mad to be thinking about using my wildcard already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My strilkers have managed 1 assist and 0 goals between them so far this season. Shocking ain't the word. Am I mad to be thinking about using my wildcard already?

That's one assist better than mine! Thinking of making wholesale changes at the minute which would require using my Wildcard. I don't think it's mad to use it at this stage at all if you have a lot of transfers you really want to make.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Earthhorse wrote: »
    That's one assist better than mine! Thinking of making wholesale changes at the minute which would require using my Wildcard. I don't think it's mad to use it at this stage at all if you have a lot of transfers you really want to make.

I did it last week to make seven transfers, really overestimated my team in gameweek one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'm thinking of making nine which should strengthen my main team and my reserves. Not sure if I should do it now or see how the game pans out tonight (I've three players left to play) but if any of my targets increases in price I'll have to re-jig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

My defence really let me down- just 2 points from 4 players.

Currently on 37 and will be satisfied with over 40 if Defoe fires a rocket up Man U's ass tonight.:pac:

I know ill probably regret it but...Wilcard used and this is my new team

Subs: Turnbull, Hangeland, Cahill, Delap

doesent take effect till next week though so im still hoping Evra and Glen Johnson play out a 0-0 and get two clean sheets today.

Subs: Turnbull, Hangeland, Cahill, Delap

doesent take effect till next week though so im still hoping Evra and Glen Johnson play out a 0-0 and get two clean sheets today.

It looks well balanced, just hope no injury scares happen.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

My strikers have let me down so far- Adebayor, Bent and Keane. Was going to pick Yakubu but was tempted by Keane's price.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Not necessarily.
    Big mistake I made last year was not using my Wildcard early enough. Spent the first few weeks trying to adjust my team by bringing in a couple every week, and as a result, the form players that I wanted to get in had gone off the boil by the time I got around to getting them all in. Plus I was losing points due to double transfers. So I said this year if needs be I'd use it early on. Luckily I seem to be ok so far. But if I did use it early on I probably would've waited til after GW3 so I could see which teams doing well defensively/attacking and which players look on form rather than having just the one good game.

My strikers have let me down so far- Adebayor, Bent and Keane. Was going to pick Yakubu but was tempted by Keane's price.:o

I was close to picking Yakubu too. It's interesting because Bent had such a terrific pre-season and Yakubu's was pretty dire and yet at these early stages the Yak has come good and Bent has not. Adebayor also looked decent in pre-season but it hasn't happened for him yet.

I haven't given up on Bent quite yet. The Berbatov saga has hurt Spurs but there's a lot more to come from them. Still think he can come good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

only 44 points this week with only Ferdinand left to play. Thank god for Captain Deco, otherwise it woulda been complete disaster.

I'm on 52 this week, hopefully Ferdinand will have an unbooked clean sheet game for me with a bonus point or two thrown in for good measure so I can make 60!

I'm getting rid of Berbatov now, any recommendations?

Owen looks good for goals and bonus points but is he fit enough to start now?

Also looking at Carew and Yakubu?

32nd in boards and 1st in all my leagues yeeeeaaaaaahhhh, oh mmmm ive just put the mockers on it now....dam

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

tribulus wrote: »
    I'm on 52 this week, hopefully Ferdinand will have an unbooked clean sheet game for me with a bonus point or two thrown in for good measure so I can make 60!

I've bought Alfonso Alves and made him captain for next week if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

panic-button2.jpg

:pac:

tribulus wrote: »

You don't have to necessarily take him out because he could quite possibly be a Man U player by the time next Saturday comes(which means he will playing for a well oiled machine in comparison to Spurs who are in disarray). I'd wait until Friday anyway. If I had to suggest someone for a replacement though I'd say van Persie or Agbonlahor.

• Advertisement

Yeah I had originally kept him in for that reason but my subs bench is lacklustre to say the least!

I'll give it till Friday anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

United arent playing at the weekend so you might as well get rid of him.But I'd wait until Friday as whovever you get in could end up injured and then you're in a worse spot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

No Giggs playing, well that just about sums up how crap I have done this week :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

OPENROAD wrote: »
    No Giggs playing, well that just about sums up how crap I have done this week :mad::mad:
    Oh I feel your pain openroad.

I picked Hargreaves at the start of the year thinking he would be a big player this year for United! I look at the Portsmouth team tonight and no Kranckjaer(sp) so my total will be low again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Go on Evra. Assist for me. Keep the clean sheet and I'll be laughing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement