Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

nice if United keep a clean sheet Evra is on course to get 9 points before getting transfered out of my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I have no patience, wildcard used. Now lining up with

Cech

Laursen
    Lescott
    Ferdinand
    Evra
    Clichy

Deco
    A Young
    Ireland
    Fabregas

Abonglahor

Fagan, Butt and Sibiede on the bench.

Just have to hope Fabregas is back next week with Utd not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

bohsman wrote: »
    I have no patience, wildcard used. Now lining up with

Cech

Laursen
    Lescott
    Ferdinand
    Evra
    Clichy

Deco
    A Young
    Ireland
    Fabregas

Abonglahor

Fagan, Butt and Sibiede on the bench.

Just have to hope Fabregas is back next week with Utd not playing.
    Strange selection considering Cesc is injured and the 2 Utd. players won't be playing this week.

Doh, as I say no patience, didnt realise Cech was injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I have no patience, wildcard used.

Ditto. Nine changes made to my team.

Hopefully it'll stop the rot.
    Doh, as I say no patience, didnt realise Cech was injured.

Cesc, as in Fabregas, not Cech as in Cech.

Cheers, just realised that, Rio and Fabregas are in since day 1 and Im fairly sure Fabs back next week.

Got rid of green, bentley djourou and gerrard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good result for me tonight. Evra and Tevez bagged me 12 points and I finished the week with 52 pts in total. Now up to 137 in the Boards league and closing in on the top 100 hopefully. :cool:

I also whooped my head-to-head opponent 52-30 so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Not as bad as I thought, only 41 points but still top in three of my leagues including head to head league and in the top 70 on boards.ie.

The real test will be when Ronaldo comes back, wonder if people will try and get him in just before he comes back or see how he gets on first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

another mediocre week (53 points) leaves me in 153rd in the boards league. Modric and Lescott with 8 each were the highlights of my team. When will Agger and Fabregas come back? cheap subs for them have cost me about 10 points. and poor captain selection probably another 10. :(

Fabregas is expected to start on Wednesday night so should play at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A solid 53 points thiws week. Something good to build on.

United not playing Fulham next weekend is going to prove difficult for a good few people I bet.

I have 2 United players so I'm probably going to have to swap one of them out.

United not playing Fulham next weekend is going to prove difficult for a good few people I bet.

I have 2 United players so I'm probably going to have to swap one of them out.

I have two united players and also one Fulham players although one of my Fulham players is just a squad player. Plan on getting rid of Giggs anyway.

Yeah this week I'll be mostly getrting rid of Scholes, though I had wanted Woodgate out too due to them playing Chelsea away and also being absolute shite so far. Don't really wanna take a four point hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

51 points, not too bad considering how disasterous Saturday was.

Bit of a selection headache this weekend with Tevez and Vidic. I'd like to get Fabregas back in, but I don't want to take the 4 point hit either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've been hit bad by devaluations unfortunately. I had Fabregas, dropped him cause he was injuried, bought Carrick for 7, leaving me 3 in the bank. Carrick has dropped to 6.9 and now I can't buy him.
    Neville has dropped to 5.9 and I don't know who to replace him with.
    Pretty annoying stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

45 points at the end of the game week. Considering Saturday thats not bad. But relying on Delap and Ireland to save your ass is not good.

Hopefully Cesc is back this weekend and I am giving Robbie another 2 games before he is moved out. Not sure what to do with others that didn't play at the weekend as I thought they would be regulars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

No web access (blocked in work) has me wondering, did Evra get credited with that assist last night? Who picked up the bonus points? Had Evra, Ferdinand and VDS (tough for a City fan to have to hope for a 0-0 last night :-)) Should have scored in the high 50's/ low 60's this week so happy enough. Bit of a dilemma next week though.

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    did Evra get credited with that assist last night?
    Yes
    Juan Pablo wrote: »
    Who picked up the bonus points?
    Rooney 3
    Scoles 2
    Tevez 1

Rio got 6

VDS got 7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Nice one Bazmo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

25 Points :mad::mad:

Absolute disaster - 6 points from Torres, Adebayor & Bent, 2 Villa back (Shorey & Young) and Noble got sent off

The wildcard is looking very, very tempting... or perhaps 3 subs can stop the rot

I reckon Zaki and Valencia from Wigan should do well against Hull at the weekend - well i hope so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

76 points for me, one less thanks to fletch's yellow card but a good weekend from everyone apart from my strike force. Seems impossible to get a decent partnership together, i know its early but all the scoring seems to be coming from midfield and defense. Now just have to choose what im gonna do with my 3 united players for next week.

1st in every one of my leagues apart from my own 4th (surprisingly tough league) and 52nd in the boards league. Big improvement over last years start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You all might want to get rid of the United players,like I am,as tehy have Liverpool and Chelsea after this weekend,so it isnt good for points.I'm taking the hit this weekend in getting rid of Tevez and Evra

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I am keeping Berbatov for now. According to BBC sport he is told hold talks with Spurs.

• Advertisement

According to the BBC a Euro 2008 fantasy favourite may soon be arriving...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7583335.stm

I must say I'd find it hard to ignore the Pavster for nostalgia purposes alone. I love that guy. :)

Scholes out this week I think, maybe Rio out the following week but we'll see.

Considering Stewart Downing as a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Am thinking of taking a 4 point hit this week.

Replace Tevez and Alonso with Yakubu and Downing or Adebayor and Giovanni that is the question.

According to the BBC a Euro 2008 fantasy favourite may soon be arriving...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7583335.stm

I must say I'd find it hard to ignore the Pavster for nostalgia purposes alone. I love that guy. :)

Yeah, he did wonders for my team at Euro 2008. The guy is quality.

Is Fabregas back this weekend?

• Advertisement

I heard he's in the squad for Arsenal's CL game tonight, so you'd think so anyway.

I heard he's in the squad for Arsenal's CL game tonight, so you'd think so anyway.
    Thats another option so, might see how he comes through tonight first though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Supposed to be fit for tonights game but will be held back till the weekend cause he shouldn't be needed.

I'm going to have to take a hit and get rid of a couple of expensive subs in my team.
    Drafted Keane in up front at the weekend but i think i'll swap him out with Owen or Martins. Had a feeling Robbie would score at the weekend, but just got an assist.

Don't know if Benitez will go with Keane away to Villa. May go back to Gerrard being playe behind Torres. Chance i'll have to drop Alonso as well in case he doesn't play. Hopefully if he performs well tonight he'll be in the team on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Must take a -4 to draft Bullard.

Fulham aren't playing this weekend so no point in drafting Bullard right now.

ibh wrote: »
    Supposed to be fit for tonights game but will be held back till the weekend cause he shouldn't be needed.

I'm going to have to take a hit and get rid of a couple of expensive subs in my team.
    Drafted Keane in up front at the weekend but i think i'll swap him out with Owen or Martins. Had a feeling Robbie would score at the weekend, but just got an assist.

Don't know if Benitez will go with Keane away to Villa. May go back to Gerrard being playe behind Torres. Chance i'll have to drop Alonso as well in case he doesn't play. Hopefully if he performs well tonight he'll be in the team on sunday.
    Im pretty sure Martins is injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Interesting price changes. Deco up to 9.3mil now.

Fabregas down to 9.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

KevIRL wrote: »
    Interesting price changes. Deco up to 9.3mil now.

Fabregas down to 9.9
    wow my first bit of decent biz in the transfers, got him as soon as he way on the way to chelsea. got rid of cesc just before his price went down ke ching

James, Neville, Berbatov and Keane all down 0.1m too.

Lucky I made my transfers when I did as I was selling James and Berbatov and buying Deco.

heres the lastest movers and shakers
    lkeepers »
    Cech CH 6.1 up 0.1
    Defenders »
    Bosingwa CH 6.2 up 0.2
    Wheater MI 5.1 up 0.1
    Djourou AR 5.1 up 0.1
    Midfielders »
    Deco CH 9.3 up 0.3
    Arteta EV 7.7 up 0.2
    Geovanni HU 5.2 up 0.2
    Nasri AR 7.6 up 0.1
    Forwards »
    Agbonlahor AV 8.2 up 0.2
    Santa Cruz BR 9.1 up 0.1
    Ashton WH 6.6 up 0.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Anyone else think its a bit crap that if a players value goes up and you sell him you only get back what you paid for him originally?

You should be rewarded for picking a player that does well by getting the extra cash for your bank balance when you sell him. Similiary you should be punished if a player does rubbish and his value goes down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

You should be getting half the profit back iirc, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

SofaK wrote: »
    You should be getting half the profit back iirc, right?

yep, thats correct, but if he only goes up 0.1 you end up with half the profit (rounded down) so that its just the original price. If he goes up 0.3, you get to keep 0.1 profit and so on. You suffer the full loss if he goes down from the value you bought him at though.
    Last year my team was worth 117.3m at the end but if I sold certain players it fell to just 107m due to only keeping half the profits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Oh right, wasn't aware of that! Maybe I should read the rules :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I think this rule is to award the managers with the foresight to pick a decent team from the word go and not have everyone with the same players due to financial constraint.

I've deco from the start so doesn't bother me as I won't be selling bar injury.

I'm keeping the faith with Bent and Van Persie- it's only a matter of time and my team is doing well and can afford to carry them, still 15th in the boards league and leading all my private leagues.

I bought Rio as my only Utd player and Muamba in for him this week (think he's due against West Brom, and it was between him and Delap off the bench who I can see struggling against and in form Middlesb) and I'll be keeping him for the Chelsea / Pool games, those games are traditional low scoring games and could see him keeping at least one clean sheet.

SetantaL wrote: »
    I've deco from the start so doesn't bother me as I won't be selling bar injury.
    Bar injury? So you won't sell him even if he starts to have a brutal season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Made my team pretty quickly day 1 just before the deadline and to be frank it was pretty awful. Didn't put usual effort in at all looking for bargains or different permutations. And suffered for it, 2 awful weeks.

So I've used the wildcard.

bit drastic but far happier with my team now

Reina - Liverpool
    Schwarzer - Fulham

Brown - ManU*
    Carvalho - Chelsea
    Baines - Everton*
    L Young - Villa
    Meite - W.Brom

Gerrard - Liverpool
    A. Young - Villa
    Nasri - Arsenal*
    Fabregas - Arsenal*
    Mascherano - Liverpool*

Carew - Villa*
    Yakubu - Everton*
    Fagan - Hull

*new imports

joined that no top 4 thingy today srfc ultras spud murphy

if the caravans a rocking, stick a tyre under it will ya

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Middlesborough players are where I'm going this week, I've brought in 3, lost 8 points, but hopefully it will even out by Saturday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Gerrard out for 2 weeks now. Had to take a -4 hit cause my subs suck. At least i got Deco

Advertisement