Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Middlesborough players are where I'm going this week, I've brought in 3, lost 8 points, but hopefully it will even out by Saturday evening.

You may get the 8 points back this week (or you may not) but after that you'll have 3 Middleborough players in your team, not really ideal if you ask me. What would posess you to bring in 1 Middlesboro players, nevermind 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

You may get the 8 points back this week (or you may not) but after that you'll have 3 Middleborough players in your team, not really ideal if you ask me. What would posess you to bring in 1 Middlesboro players, nevermind 3?
    Ah in fairness 1 is fair enough (Downing? Alaves?). They are playing Stoke at home and you would have to fancy them to win.

But I would agree with you that bringing 3 in is abit short sighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Middlesboro v Stoke City I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Kranjcar out for three months...ouch.

Did a quick swap there yesterday with Bullard, cost me no points and then he scores in the League Cup. Hope he keeps up the good work!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kranjcar out for three months...ouch.

Did a quick swap there yesterday with Bullard, cost me no points and then he scores in the League Cup. Hope he keeps up the good work!:)
    Fulham aren't playing this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Fulham aren't playing this week.
    I'll just throw David Dunn in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

stevie g out for a couple of weeks

cue hysterical panic from the masses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

stevie g out for a couple of weeks

cue hysterical panic from the masses
    lol .didnt have stevie G , got rid of fraz ferdinand and carlos the jackal due to the super cup game, hope i dont live to regret it, only -8 ,brought in nando. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gerrard will most likely only miss 1 game, against Villa. After that theres the international break with the next game being on the 13th. Surgery only expected to keep him out for 10-15 days. Have Fagan to come in and switch to 4-3-3 so wont bother shifting him out. Fagan has 2 assists in 2 games, and is against Wigan so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I expect some people to have to take points hits this week with no United, Gerrard or Krancjar. I should be ok with what I have thankfully. Scholes out and maybe Downing in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I'm winning all the other leagues i'm in but way down in this, most my players still to start playing properly yet, Cesc for one, and Torres. Steven Ireland is my top player so far:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Reckon Zaki at Wigan is a good option this week

Picking a captain is tough this week but i reckon Fat Frank should get one against Spurs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I'm going to have to throw Wheather in to defence from the bench. Evra to the bench.
    Have to shift Gerrard. Don't know if i should sell him or bench him and go for a 4-3-3.
    For someone as expensive as Gerrard is it a bad idea to keep him on the bench?

He's only gonna miss one game so I'd be keeping him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Krancjar out for a while. So:

OUT - Kranjcar, Adebayor
    IN - Deco, Agbonlahor

Remeber United & Fulham don't play this weekend

Schwarzer, Vidic, Ferdinand & Tevez to the bench... Geovanni, Meite & De Ridder ON TUT!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    He's only gonna miss one game so I'd be keeping him

Yea i'm trying to change my team around a bit but i see Gerrard as being there for the long haul so i'll keep him in.
    Have to look at Bent if he doesn't do anything this weekend. Thought he was a good buy. Looking like a sh't one at this early stage.

Robbie Keane is another toughie. I fancied him for a goal last week so i bought him. Now i'm tempted to lose him but he may have more of a shout of a goal at Villa without Gerrard. Especially from a peno.. I think this sort of away game is what Liverpool bought Keane for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Weird Stat 41 people have transferred Senderos into their team this week :eek:

Also at the moment 1% of all teams still have him in their squad, which is approximately 14,228 teams :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm pretty much waiting to see whether Steve Bruce picks De Ridder to play against Hull. I think Koumas might have an injury so if De Ridder plays I can just revert to a 3-5-2 formation and leave my 2 United players on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

They're playing Stoke, Pompey, Sunderland, Wst Brom and Wigan in their next 5 games, on current form I think they could win all them games, home or away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I have Vidic and Tevez, but I'm not taking the 4-point hit. Because it ultimately means taking one the week after if I want them both back, which I do.

So the question is: do I transfer Vidic or Tevez? My initial thought was Vidic, because my defenders on the bench aren't great (both West Brom), while Valencia can come in for Tevez. However, I'm very tempted to bring Alves in for Tevez because they have Stoke at home. Hmmm...

Who are West Brom playing?

• Advertisement

Away game against Bolton.

I actually have a West Brom defender and was wondering whether to start him as it doesn't look like it will be a high-scoring game on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Shaun Wright Wright Wright Phillips back to Citeh. He could be a nice one to pick up if he plays regularly. He used to be a great points scorer back pre chelski.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I have Vidic and Tevez, but I'm not taking the 4-point hit. Because it ultimately means taking one the week after if I want them both back, which I do.

So the question is: do I transfer Vidic or Tevez? My initial thought was Vidic, because my defenders on the bench aren't great (both West Brom), while Valencia can come in for Tevez. However, I'm very tempted to bring Alves in for Tevez because they have Stoke at home. Hmmm...

I had the same dilemma, I took out Vidic seeing as Tevez is down .1 in value, didn't want to lose out on that .1 so took out Vidic for Cashley Cole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Smegball wrote: »
    I had the same dilemma, I took out Vidic seeing as Tevez is down .1 in value, didn't want to lose out on that .1 so took out Vidic for Cashley Cole.
    I thought Cole got injured last week? I know bridge definitely came on for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Any news on whether Berbatov will play on Sunday?

I hate having dead money on the team but if i ship him out and he goes to united i know he's gonna rocket in price.

Just sub him.. Haven't kept up to date with his situation but he will rocket in price if he moves so i'd hold onto him as a sub. It's only for 1 week.
    Will you possibly make up extra points if he moves to UTD cause their game this weekend is cancelled, so he could have an extra game????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

bobbyg wrote: »
    I thought Cole got injured last week? I know bridge definitely came on for him.

****tt, christ my team will be pretty much fvked if thats the case :)
    I predict a terrible terrible week for me.

I think this week will be a tough week for a lot of people. If I get at least 45 I think I'll be satisfied. I've replaced Evra with Clichy but I do have two Villa defenders so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Liverpool don't hurt Villa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ok, so it's Arse vs Newcastle this weekend and Cesc is back ...... which means Adebayor is finally gonna score a hatful, right?

I think im gonna stick with him as Cpt. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

So its Duff out for Fabregas and Van Persie out for Ashton

And if this week goes bad im thinking wildcard, im too far behind already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Me 2 keepers are Schwarzer & VDS. How did I not see that coming? :eek:

my bad bad start just keeps getting worse

Think I'll bring in Given for VDS and Arteta for Bentley

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have decided to take an 8 point hit this week.

Agbonlahor out Ashton In
    Giggs Out Arteta In
    Bentley Out Fabregas In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Agbonlahor out? Is he injured or something?

amacachi wrote: »
    Agbonlahor out? Is he injured or something?

No, want to get Fabregas in and to raise money for some changes I have planned in the next couple of weeks that said I may be able to buy back Agbonlahor in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, worried myself by jumping to conclusions :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

too many changes going through my head....think I'll play the wild card

Scholes out, Arteta in as skipper. No panic necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Kompany in for G. Neville for me. He's down as a defender, only 5.5, and looks like he could be some player. I think its a good risk.

Fabregas in for Carrick [had money saved, although lost .1 on Carricks value which really ****ed up my whole thing]. Fabregas as captain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Had to swap out VDS for Howard as my sub keeper Steve Simonsen isn't getting a game. Also wanted to bench Luke Young but as I've had to bench Evra and Ferdinand had to transfer Young out for Gretar Steinsson and take a 4 point hit to meet the 3 defender criteria. Gambling by giving Steinsson the armband as well, hope it works out!

• Advertisement

I was celebrating like crazy there as I thought Ashton scored but it turns out it was an OG. Crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Damn in it, they had Defoe down as probably wont play this morning (the yello i under his name) so I stuck him on the bench and now he's after going and scoring. So irritating as if I thought he was going to play he would definately have stayed.:mad:

Edit: and I just see santa cruz is after being taken off!!!

Captain not on this week, fantastic :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Goal and assist already for Defoe-niiiiiicccceeeee!:D

Good man Yakubu:rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly. I've Arteta as captain :mad:

Double score for Yakubu missing as plenty have him and I have P'mouth in my acc.:D:pac:

I was celebrating like crazy there as I thought Ashton scored but it turns out it was an OG. Crap!

+1 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Zaki as captain, get in there my son. That's what you call a roll of the dice.

Zaki as captain, get in there my son. That's what you call a roll of the dice.

Your joking me.:eek: Ballsy, well done on a good call.

• Advertisement
Advertisement