Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That's Defoe's goal, tis over the line.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh for f*ck's sake Downing's only gone and missed a penalty. :rolleyes:

I am so screwed this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Your joking me.:eek: Ballsy, well done on a good call.

Needed to start making some bold moves, and I reckoned they would knock a few past Hull. Goal and assit is trumps indeed.

Boo-urns Tony Cottae. The way he described Heskey's goal, it sounded like Kirkland got the assit. That would have capped off a great haul fro me from that fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Oh for f*ck's sake Downing's only gone and missed a penalty. :rolleyes:

I am so screwed this week.

Aye.....I had the clown as my captain. Him not scoring cost me the guts of 12 points.

EDIT* Stoke just scored. There goes my clean sheet bonus for Turnbull and Wheater. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Brilliant Ashton taken off after 68 mins:rolleyes::mad:

:D:D:D

Zaki as captain, get in there my son. That's what you call a roll of the dice.

Scored two goals now.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Scored two goals now.

And an assist. A hat-trick would do wonders for my rejuvenated side.

• Advertisement

Honest to God yesterday I decided I was going to either a) swap Evra for Clichy or b) swap Tevez for Zaki.

As usual, I went with the wrong bloody option. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ooooh Steven Reid got me an assist. Nice one! Rob Green's peno save helps as well.

Fantastic day for Defoe, too bad Wheater couldn't keep a clean sheet. Ah well at least I've got Nasri to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Hmmmm a bad day all round. At least O'Brien got me a clean sheet but Arteta as captain didnt work out. 16 points(barring some bonus points) with Collins, Laursen, Young, Deco and Torres to play.

Well that was a day to forget. Only two players on show, one of whom is a striker who gets taken off in the 68th minute, the other a midfielder who makes a mess of his penalty. Grand total - 2 pts.

Bah, I hate this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Its days like today I feckin hate this game. 3 players, 4 points.

All week, I thought to myself, I need to bring in Zaki and take out Everton players. And this morning, I convinced myself Cisse would be a better option than Zaki. Combine that with Evertons dismal performance and I'm rightly chuffed.

And what was to be the cherry on top, I felt WBA would keep Bolton scoreless and I put on Meite instead of L. Young. And he lasts 45 minutes!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

34 pts (not including bonus) with Fabregas, Torres, Owen, A. Young, Spiderman, Bossingwa, Dossena, Clichy left to play. This might just be the week to get me back into the mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

1 point with only Lescott having played so far but Im sure theyll notice he got booked fairly soon... Green would go and have a stormer the second I sell him, rigged.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭One-Day-Juande

Defoe and Johnson on the bench:mad: Having Yakubu and Santa Cruz with arteta as captain didn't help either. Only consolation from today is Green got some good points. Still got seven to go and hopefully two of them don't play so I can get the portsmouth points.

20 points from 6 players. Yakubu shafted me big time.

bohsman wrote: »
    1 point with only Lescott having played so far but Im sure theyll notice he got booked fairly soon... Green would go and have a stormer the second I sell him, rigged.

He wasn't booked, only Baines was in the whole game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

ok, though I saw him being booked near the end after going through someone.

19 Points so far from 5 players although will have an 8 point reduction for transfers.

bohsman wrote: »
    ok, though I saw him being booked near the end after going through someone.

Yeah that was when Baines got booked. Baines chopped someone and the ref blew for a free just as Lescott followed up with another bad tackle. Only the initial Baines one was punished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Downing and Yak both missing a penalty. Fan-****ing-tastic:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

F*ck... toyed with the idea of having James or Distin as el capitan. Decided f*ck it, I'll give it to Ashton :rolleyes: 4 - 1 rout and he doesn't even get a bloody assist (think they got most of their goals after he came off actually).

23 points from James, Distin, Ashton, and Downing (c*nt). Not too bad really.

Sh*t, in my haste this morning I forgot to take off a Villa defender or 2 :mad:

Still to play: Dunne, Laursen, L Young; Bentley, A Young, Petrov; Keane

15 pts from Defoe and Wheater; still to play Nasri, Mascherano, A.Young, Deco (c), Carragher, Bosingwa, Cech, Torres & Agbonlahor. I'm praying that Villa/ Pool is not a 0-0 snoozefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

So far for me, Arteta 2, Warnock -1. LOL
    Walcott on bench aswell, what a disaster rofl :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Got 2 points today from:

Reina
    Wheater, Vidic, Laursen, Bosingwa, Clichy
    Bentley, Young, Downing
    Keane, Agbonlahor

I am expecting this to be a very bad week tbh..

Poxy Downing too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I took two POmpey defenders out oof my team for this weekend:pac:

Chelsea better keep a clean sheet tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Damn in it, they had Defoe down as probably wont play this morning (the yello i under his name) so I stuck him on the bench and now he's after going and scoring. So irritating as if I thought he was going to play he would definately have stayed.:mad:

Edit: and I just see santa cruz is after being taken off!!!

if a player is down as yello, I usually put him in my first 11. If he doesn't play then at least I gave him a chance especially if he's good for a goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Downing ruined my whole week and probably the next few too, Alves would have got the double assist and Downing would have 6 points instead of 0, so he's cost me 14 points, delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

FFS, Downing thats the last time I'll make ya capt.

He should have got me 7pts x 2 and then Alves would have got the assist. Thats 17pts the pr1ck cost me and its not like I'm flush with them at the moment.

I love this game...:rolleyes:

I hope SCruz is out now for a while although he might get fit in time after the intl break...I could spend his worth on a player who actually scores. Defoe for me is now going in as when this fella scores one, he scores every week after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Van Persie as captain of one of my teams is gona pay off :)
    That said, where are Fabregas's assists. He's been outstanding though, how about 3 b onus points :)

Arsenal have helped me out a lot. I had Adebayor as captain and his two assists helped me bag 16 pts. Clichy's clean sheet gets me 6 pts.

24 pts in total with 7 players still to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Two clean sheets from the Arsenal helped me there, still only 23 points with 4 to play tomorrow though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

28 pts from 4 players today - 14 from James, 12 from Johnson, 1 from Lescott, and 2 from Delap. Have Lampard as my captain tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

worst week ever.. Yak and Downing both missing peno's. If it wasn't for Johnson, i would have been seriously embarassed today..

Sometimes I really hate this game :( I think I know now how the real managers feel. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Sometimes I really hate this game :( I think I know now how the real managers feel. :)

At least they can make subs during the game :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

13 points from 6 players.

Relying on a Chelsea clean sheet and another big performance from Deco to bump up my total.

Laursen, Ireland and Nosworthy to play as well.

I'm praying to jebus that Villa/ Liva is not a borefest that ends in 0-0 or 1-1, I've got a grand total of 5 players taking part in that game. I had a great start yesterday, I'd hate to see it undone in one devastating swoop.

Fcuking Adebayor. Put him as captain. THought he'd score. But noooooooo.

I need a reliable captain. Thinking of getting Deco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

4 points, but only 2 players used, god dam santa cruz as captain and he went off injured, I really need a high scoring game from villa/pool and chelsea to keep a clean sheet

That's why I'm thinking of bringing back Ronaldo the second he's fit. His price is huge, but as a captain, he ensures a goal/assist a week, and as such it doubles up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Will Berbatov's price jump if he joins United? I've had him since the start and he's been on the bench for most of it :( Keane has let me down big-time...

Is Zaki any use? Only 6.1 and has 3 goals and an assist

Was thinking of getting rid of Bentley for Deco and Keane for Zaki

Still can't get over Ashton not scoring yesterday....

• Advertisement

Not only that, but Berbatovs price has dropped by .2 which is bloody annoying.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Fcuking Adebayor. Put him as captain. THought he'd score. But noooooooo.

I need a reliable captain. Thinking of getting Deco.

To be fair 2 assists is not the worst haul I've ever seen.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    To be fair 2 assists is not the worst haul I've ever seen.

Didn't know that:D:p

Hoping for a Ashley Young assist or two today.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Didn't know that:D:p

Hoping for a Ashley Young assist or two today.

As a Liverpool fan but someone who also has Young in his team, I hope he does well just once we score more goals than Villa!:p:pac:

Villa 3-4 Liverpool?

Young hat trick and Torres with four.

Now that'll do me:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement