Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So....Robinho's in the PL now! Will you put him in your team?! Going to be interesting to see how much he costs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

On a related note, will Berbatovs price go up from 9.2 despite only playing once this season?

Who's transferring Berbatov back in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

tribulus wrote: »
    On a related note, will Berbatovs price go up from 9.2 despite only playing once this season?

Who's transferring Berbatov back in?

Could be a risk to throw him in from the start at Anfield. I'm not tempted to put him in yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Berbatov was at 9.5, has been dropping massively. Going to spike back up now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Does that always happen though regardless of form? (Although he can't have form if hasn't played!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Was just looking at my Head-to-head. For some reason my opponent every week has been given 20points less than he has actually scored! This means I've won all 3 matches and am top of the table with a massive goal difference. I'd have won 2 of the 3 games anyway, but one game he actaully beat me by about 5 points, yet I was given the win! Yoink!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

He may have made transfers during the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Ahhhhh! <light bulb appears over head!>
    The twat this week made 4 transfers, and the guy last week made 6! Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

This is the first week I'm actually happy with my score :pac: 56 points, mainly from defenders:

James 14
    Distin 6
    Laursen 8
    Dunne 7
    Woodgate 4 (subbed in for Petrov)
    L Young 6

The rest of the team had a shocker...

I'm hoping Berbatov goes up to 15 now, to justify my decision to have him on the team doing nothing for the last 3 weeks :D

Robinho should be interesting... I'll wait and see his price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

After an nawful week last week i'm down to 116th:( Got around to making a few changes, watch out you lot:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Looks like Ill have to get rid of Ireland now that Robhinos in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

bohsman wrote: »
    Looks like Ill have to get rid of Ireland now that Robhinos in.

Me to:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Theres a lot to be said for making your transfers on Fri night/Sat morning. I foolishly made a luxury sub yesterday. :rolleyes:

This Managerial stuff is tough work! :)
    In the top 150 of the boards league though.
    Internationals are this week so you should've really waited til next week to make any subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Will Robinho and Pav be added?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

All the transfers should be in...they just seem to be taking their time putting them in. Will be interesting to see what prices robinho will be in at and if theyl have him down as a striker or midfielder. He plays alot of his football on the wing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

joe123 wrote: »
    All the transfers should be in...they just seem to be taking their time putting them in. Will be interesting to see what prices robinho will be in at and if theyl have him down as a striker or midfielder. He plays alot of his football on the wing....

Probably a bit of admin work to be done, agreeing prices and positions. I'd say he'll be in as a forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Invincible

Will Robinho and Pav be added?

They have'nt bothered to put them in yet,or Smolarek(Bolton) or Fellaini(Everton).I'd guess Robinho to be about 9.5M and Pavlychenko to be 8M.

Woeful this week.Only 30 points!:(

Also noticed that Robinho is not up on the site yet?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Robinho and Pavlyuchenko still not in

Frazier Campbell in though! I guess the players from fordin clubs take longer to add

What's yer man Zaki like? He worth putting in for 6.2?

Thinking of using the wildcard to drop:

Woodgate, Downing, Bentley, Keane

for

Evra, Deco, Wright-Philips, Zaki

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    Robinho and Pavlyuchenko still not in

Frazier Campbell in though! I guess the players from fordin clubs take longer to add

What's yer man Zaki like? He worth putting in for 6.2?

Thinking of using the wildcard to drop:

Woodgate, Downing, Bentley, Keane

for

Evra, Deco, Wright-Philips, Zaki
    I wouldn't use the Wildcard for 12 points. Sure you could make that up by making decent transfers.

I've no problem using my Wildcard early but if I did I'd be changing subs and everything make sure I had a bench that was at least playing every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Robinho classed as a forward :mad: 9m - is he worth taking a chance on?

Berbatov now classed as Unt. - 9.2m - bargain i think but pity about the tough games up next

Fellaini Mid at Everton 6.5m - IMO, Definetly worth an inclusion

Pavlyuchenko 8.5m - a maybe??

Thank God, theres an international break or i could have been very rash with using the Wildcard :D

I'm not sure about Robinho,how will he adapt to the colder/wetter conditions ?
    Smoralek is'nt bad value for Bolton at 6.5 M,played well for Poland in Euro qualifiers.

Im thinking Ireland and Agbonlahor out, Delap and Berbatov in.

Jugs82 wrote: »
    Robinho classed as a forward :mad: 9m - is he worth taking a chance on?

Berbatov now classed as Unt. - 9.2m - bargain i think but pity about the tough games up next

Fellaini Mid at Everton 6.5m - IMO, Definetly worth an inclusion

Pavlyuchenko 8.5m - a maybe??

Thank God, theres an international break or i could have been very rash with using the Wildcard :D

Yep Robinho classed as a forward is a bit disapointing, thought there was a good chance hed be down as a midfielder. Hes pricey too at 9mill for a player whos more of a winger....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not going anywhere near Robinho. Berbatov is tempting but his first few fixtures are very tough. I also have Tevez so I'm wondering how Berbatov will affect his chances.

I'm also very tempted to go for the Pavster for nostalgic reasons as he really came good for me during Euro 2008. :)

I'm going to sit tight for now until the internationals are over.

bohsman wrote: »
    Im thinking Ireland and Agbonlahor out, Delap and Berbatov in.
    Ireland has got me 20 over the last two weeks! Why get rid of him for Delap?!:confused:

kmart6 wrote: »
    Ireland has got me 20 over the last two weeks! Why get rid of him for Delap?!:confused:

Cant see him playing too much now that theyve signed Robhino

Fair enough...but I think you could do better than Delap!

• Advertisement

I think Berbatov is a bigger improvement on Agbonlahor than the loss of Ireland for Delap, itll probably be Nicky Butt in there with Delap on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

No point in getting rid of Ireland yet. He's a cert to start their next match anyway so use your free sub on someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

just bought robinio mmmmmm, buying a player who went to a club clearly for the money, i think i did a doo doo,s

almanu wrote: »
    just bought robinio mmmmmm, buying a player who went to a club clearly for the money, i think i did a doo doo,s
    82647825.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19368FFB0B613D6DEB0D264B03BEC78091C284831B75F48EF45
    Does that look like a man that's gonna get you points??? Huh? Does its?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

its very stupid how they are doing the players prices this year.... take example, ji sung park and tim cahill have gone down 0.1 but ronaldo hasnt budged......(all injured from start)

theres plenty more examples.
    i wont be able to afford a team soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

its very stupid how they are doing the players prices this year.... take example, ji sung park and tim cahill have gone down 0.1 but ronaldo hasnt budged......(all injured from start)

theres plenty more examples.
    i wont be able to afford a team soon.

It's solely decided by how many people are buying and selling players, there is no input (as far as I know) by those who run the site.

I guess the reason why Ronaldo hasn't gone down; is that alot of people stayed away from him because he was injured, but those who bought him knew they would be benching him for a while. I wouldn't say there were alot of people buying him pre-season, and then flogging him in the first or second week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Is everyone who has Torres definitely taking him out? I know it's a hamstring injury but has it been confirmed that he is definitely out?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Is everyone who has Torres definitely taking him out? I know it's a hamstring injury but has it been confirmed that he is definitely out?

Actually there are reports surfacing that he might be fit enough to face Man United at the weekend...
    Fernando Torres likely to be fit to face Man United

FERNANDO TORRES is winning his battle to be fit for Liverpool’s showdown with Manchester United on Saturday.

The Spanish striker was initially ruled out for “between two and three weeks” after suffering a hamstring tear during the goalless draw against Aston Villa nine days ago.

It meant Torres was instantly ruled out of the visit of Sir Alex Ferguson’s side, as well as missing Spain’s World Cup qualifiers against Bosnia and Armenia.

But Liverpool’s medical staff have been encouraged by the speed at which Torres has responded to treatment on the injury.

And now the Anfield outfit are hopeful their club record signing will take to the field against the champions at the weekend.

The news will be a major boost to Rafael Benitez, who is already resigned to being without skipper Steven Gerrard for the crunch fixture.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/09/09/fernando-torres-likely-to-be-fit-to-face-man-united-64375-21706035/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Actually there are reports surfacing that he might be fit enough to face Man United at the weekend...

Thanks man. I think I'll keep him, there are no strikers that are screaming out at me this weekend to be guarenteed a good performance(except for Defoe, who I have already).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

well had to do it- Bentley out, Arteta in. Stoke and Hull as the next two fixtures are just too tempting. They're the same price now though Bentley started .5 more expensive and I couldn't take the chance that the price would swing more.

What a flop he was this season so far. He's done nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

SetantaL wrote: »
    well had to do it- Bentley out, Arteta in. Stoke and Hull as the next two fixtures are just too tempting. They're the same price now though Bentley started .5 more expensive and I couldn't take the chance that the price would swing more.

What a flop he was this season so far. He's done nothing.

Agreed, but Spurs showed promise against Chelsea for the first time this season. Think I'll keep him for a bit longer.

It's really hard to pick a captain this week, some tough fixtures. There aren't any players whose team I'm positive will win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

I've Deco atm but I'm tempted to go with Van Persie against Newcastle as the club is in dissaray and it's not like the Gunners to show mercy.

EDIT they're playing bburn, I'll keep deco, hopw get the edit in before someone points out the mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've Deco atm but I'm tempted to go with Van Persie against Newcastle as the club is in dissaray and it's not like the Gunners to show mercy.

Arsenal are playing Blackburn away aren't they?

Damn you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Damn you.

You should have said you typed it 2 weeks ago but your broadband is very slow.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Can I do a bit of gloating and say that i'm third in the league at the moment.
    My bit of advice for this weekend is to make Arteta captain.

My bit of advice for this weekend is to make Arteta captain.

I agree with you. I think he'll do well. Yakubu also.

I'm thinking of making Bentley my captain this week. I feel he's underperformed, like Spurs generally, but I have a feeling they will do well at home against Villa and that there will be goals.

It's tricky getting back into this after the internationals so it will be interesting seeing how everyone does. :cool:

I'd expect Arteta to go well too,I have Bentley as well,he shold hit form soon,hopefully,I got Berbatoff and Rite-fillips in for Torres and Petrov,with a bit of luck it'll be 4 pts well spent:)

I agree with you. I think he'll do well. Yakubu also.

I'm thinking of making Bentley my captain this week. I feel he's underperformed, like Spurs generally, but I have a feeling they will do well at home against Villa and that there will be goals.

It's tricky getting back into this after the internationals so it will be interesting seeing how everyone does. :cool:

I might stick with fabregas as captain but I brought in arteta for petrov anyways. I think the same about spurs doing well Ive kept faith with Darren Bent since the beginning so im looking for him to come good now. The one day I leave him on the bench he scores...against chelsea of all teams:cool:

And ive three west ham players in the team. If curbishley was still there id be very condident of picking up a good rack of points....not so much at the minute though. Zola=Flair attacking football/shabby defending or Zola=italian defense minded. Wont have much influence in two days anyways so we'l see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

the tricky thing for this week is choosing your captain imo. i think its got to be fabregas :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement