Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm probably going to live to regret this but
    • Torres and Mascherano out.
    • Pavlyuchenko and Riera in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Can I do a bit of gloating and say that i'm third in the league at the moment.
    My bit of advice for this weekend is to make Arteta captain.

Well that made me think,

In fact it made me think too much. I fancy Everton to keep a clean sheet as Stoke have a few players out due to suspension and Lescott with his goal scoring ability is looking like he might be worth a punt as captain, decisions decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Decisions, Decisions...

Settled on a team (at last) but now who to make captain???
    Im between Fabergas and Bullard - any opinions?

Also, anybody bring in the new Everton signing, Felliani...
    I reckon he could be a real bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Between those two defo Fabregas,

I'd hold off on an untried player just yet. It's hard to know how a game against Stoke is going to be a representation of his ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Welcome to the team Zaki and Deco :)

This week's line-up (lots of vulnerabilities, but I'm not arsed making transfers for them all)

James
    Distin---Laursen---L Young
    Deco--Bentley---Davies--A Young
    ----Zaki---Ashton (C)---BERBATOV:D

Dunno if Berbatov will start or not, but we shall see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Check this thread for details of the Boards.ie Champions League Fantasy Football everyone...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055376424

On topic - Captaincy for Arteta or Zaki this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

KevIRL wrote: »
    On topic - Captaincy for Arteta or Zaki this week?

I'd say both will do well with the fixtures they have got. I'd probably go for Zaki myself as he's bound to get a chance to score.

I've a feeling things will be a bit slow over the weekend after the internationals. I reckon choosing the right captain will make a big difference. I've decided to only use my transfer to get rid of a crap squad player I had (Hoefkens) so I'm keeping faith with my lot.

Anything above 45 points this week would please me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Green

---Bosingwa---Toure---Brown----

---Fabregas---Pedersen---Wright-Philips---A. Young---

---Adebayor---Cisse---Abonglahor---

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Barry out Wright-Phillips in. Cost me .2 waiting the 2 weeks to ensure he wasn't injured.

Just noticed Nasri's doubtful too. Not sure if I should sub him in case he only gets a few minutes on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

made 12 transfers today but forgot to press wild card button. If i go and make another transfer now and click wildcard will i not be charged for the 12 earlier transfers today? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

made 12 transfers today but forgot to press wild card button. If i go and make another transfer now and click wildcard will i not be charged for the 12 earlier transfers today? :mad:

Yes,I believe its any transfers made in the gameweek.It says it in the FAQ

Is it worth replacing Bent with Yakubu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

risky.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

With Ronaldo due back soon, are people considering this at the moment when making transfers.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    With Ronaldo due back soon, are people considering this at the moment when making transfers.

I imagine a lot of people will attempt to accomodate him but I think the key thing is going to be timing. I personally don't expect him to return firing on all cylinders. I reckon he'll take a bit of time to get back into his stride and that Fergie will ease him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

OPENROAD wrote: »

I don't think Ronaldo is a good option. He is too expensive and is unlikely to regain last seasons form for a good while yet. I don't think he will get as many goals/assists when he comes back to form as Berbatov/Rooney will score instead of him and he may play in a less forward role much of the time.

• Advertisement

Nice on Van Persie, thats a good start to this gameweek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Had to ****ing take out Mido this week didn't I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Only 1 clean sheet all day so far. Bad news for defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

My defence (two Ferdinands, Dunne and Evra) is not having a good weekend, though a hattrick for Adebayor and two for Defoe should do me well.

Goalkeeper and a defender with a clean sheet and an assist for another defender, last defender still to play. Midfielders lettin me down so far this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yep, having a bit of a bad one so far. Not a single clean sheet, with Vidic on -2 if that wasn't bad enough. I anticipated a bit of a poor gameweek, it's looking like a write-off already.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Adebayor = captain = good.

Rest of my team = bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Absolutely shocking week. Spiderman, Beye, Geovani, Torres, and Dossena all missing. The only positives are Zaki, clean sheet from Clichy, and Arteta as captain to play.

I've got 29 points out of 3 players.Fabregas,Adebayor and Zaki as my captain.I'm happy so far with my Everton players to come

A poxy 12 points from 5 players.

BBC said Glen Johnson set up Defoe's second but he hasn't been credited with it :mad:

Adebayor you beauty! :D Also pleased with my decision to transfer in Figueroa of Wigan as he provided an assist and picked up 5 points.

Still got a few players to come, including my captain Bentley, and I've got 39 points so far. Looks like I'll make my weekly target of 45+.

Downing however was yet again a massive let-down. Might be time to move him on.

All in all I'm pleased with Saturday's events.

Edit: Just found out Carvalho scored. I've reached my 45 point target. :)

Downing however was yet again a massive let-down. Might be time to move him on.
    +1

My defenders and 'keeper average 6 points each, need a big game from Villa tomorrow to save my weekend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

42 points with Laursen, Young and Arteta to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Had Adebayor as my captain every week so far.

Changed it to Fabregas on Thursday

Im not a happy camper.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Adebayor = captain = good.

Rest of my team = bad.

Right, so I've gotten 61 in the end, with 2 subs that will give me another 3 and Carew and Arteta to play, it's not too bad after all.

• Advertisement

I'm currently 33rd in the Boards league. That's my highest position. Two still to play. Come on Young and Bentley!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

J.Cole as my captain saved me but still did crap. Only van Persie and Clichy getting me points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I felt a bit dirty cheering an Arsenal goal but get in there Adebayor! I was saying to a friend while watching the first half that I was gonna get rid of him but he came good in the end:pac:

Up to 29th now in the boards league with my spurs underachievers (Bent and Bentley) and Ashley Young still to play

I ended up with 36 points out of 4 players.I have Howard,Lescott and YAkubu playing now and Laursen,L Young,A YOung and Modric playing tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

If a red card is Overturned EG (Terry ) do you get your points back?

Arteta as captain is restoring a bit of pride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Arteta as captain is restoring a bit of pride.
    Same here!

Could do with Delap getting an assist for the O.G....lol!

Why wasn't wheater playing this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

lol just noticed Gerrard got a bonus point for yesterday despite only being on the pitch for 23mins and not really doing much in that time...

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Same here!

Could do with Delap getting an assist for the O.G....lol!

Arteta gets the 3 bonus points :)

Lavley Jubley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeah just saw that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I made Arteta captain :) happy days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Frisbee wrote: »
    Had Adebayor as my captain every week so far.

Changed it to Fabregas on Thursday

Im not a happy camper.... :mad:

Replacing adebayor with Berbatov = super megamad :mad::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Adebayor as captain:D

Whooop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Trampas

mobby wrote: »
    If a red card is Overturned EG (Terry ) do you get your points back?

I don't think you do but not to sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

adebayor as captain, and transfered zaki in!

30th in the boards league with modric to play tommorow :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fabregas yet again underperforms :/ Need Villa to do some good against Spurs tomorrow.

I just used my wildcard. I had been waiting for it. Ronaldo is back in my team. Got in early, still at 14 million. New team is

Hart
    --Boswinga--Carvalho--Clichy--Brown--
    --Ronaldo(C)---Fabregas--Denilson--Ireland-
    Berbatov
    Ashton

He's ****ing expensive, but I think he's worth it. Why? Because he will be my captain every week, and because of the double points, he'll really pay off. That said, my team isn't bad because of it. Solid point getting defense, the two big bargins of Ireland and Ashton, Berbatov and Ronaldo who should be knocking them in, Fabregas the same as always, and Denilson who I think is the buy of the game now. 6.1, but first choice central midfielder for Arsenal. Everyone expected somebody else to be bought, but they haven't been, so I think he's a great pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

50 points with A.Young, Milner, Modric and Bent all to play. Hope there's lots of goals tonight (with Villa sneaking the win obviously!).

Should win my head-to-head too. That'll be 4 wins in a row, top of that league.

Thank Christ I stuck Arteta as captain. The Yak scored again which is super.

Still got Laursen, Bentley and Young to play so a goal from each would be nice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement