Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Who would you pick as captain out of these?

Zaki - on form and playing rock bottom Tottenham.
    Fabregas - only been average so far and playing Bolton.
    Arteta - also on form and up against Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

tricky decisions this week.. im prepared to take a four point hit..

was thinking on either dropping berbs, maybe ashley young

not sure whether to bring in adebayor, van persie or gerrard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

tribulus wrote: »
    Who would you pick as captain out of these?

Zaki - on form and playing rock bottom Tottenham.
    Arteta - also on form and up against Hull.

If it was me I'd go with Arteta but they seem three good options whatever you decide. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

tribulus wrote: »
    He's played twice and has 5 bonus points. Hardly average. He hasn't scored or set up a goal but he's been playing quite deep. I doubt he'll be playing too deep for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Think I will stick with Arteta as captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Took a four point hit to drop Cisse and Wright Philips for dos Santos and Arteta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm in a bind. Already used my transfer on the suspended Vidic, but now I have the glass man Nasri doubtful again, with Asthon definitely out. I was considering my wildcard with Ronaldo back, but ideally I was going to wait a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Thinking of taking a four point hit to lump on Liverpool.

Glen Johnson and Bentley out, Skrtel and Riera in with Torres up top.

Either Torres or Arteta for skipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Ronaldo won't start on Sunday and they're playing Chelsea so waste of your wildcard bringing him in this week.

Arteta captain for me. Still no transfers. 3rd in Boards, leading all my leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

SetantaL wrote: »
    Ronaldo won't start on Sunday and they're playing Chelsea so waste of your wildcard bringing him in this week.

Arteta captain for me. Still no transfers. 3rd in Boards, leading all my leagues.

Yeah I'm definitely not using my wildcard until Ronaldo's been back another game or two. But the dilemma is whether or not to take a points hit. Not only are Nasri and Ashton out, but I think Bentley was dropped for last week's game. (-Edit- He scored in the UEFA Cup last night...hmmm..)

Fair play on the record btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Took a four point hit to bring in Torres (C) and Reo Coker. Hopefully Rafa doesnt decide to rest Fernando now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Anyone know if Stephen Ireland is likely to play? Straight shootout between him and Noble.
    Alonso and Gerrard both likely to start??? I'm a pool fan and i don't even know if they'll play. I want to put a few pool players in but i'm afraid they won't play cause of being rested or they will get subbed early.

Friedel
    G.Johnson Wheater Evra Laursen

Gerrard Ireland Alonso

Owen Bent Yakubu

Subs: Noble Downing Corluka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Took a four point hit to bring in Torres (C) and Reo Coker. Hopefully Rafa doesnt decide to rest Fernando now!

Swapped Fab(c) for Torres (c). He's due a goal or two. Should start after only playing 65 minutes mid week.

Anyone know if Stephen Ireland is likely to play? Straight shootout between him and Noble.
    Alonso and Gerrard both likely to start??? I'm a pool fan and i don't even know if they'll play. I want to put a few pool players in but i'm afraid they won't play cause of being rested or they will get subbed early.

www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk

seems to think he'll be rotated with Elano so It's a toss up.

Benetiz is notorious for rotation about this time of year, especially with both of them recovering from injuries and the fact they are playing stoke I wouldn't be surprised if either or Torres or Gerrard were rested.

I'd look at an everton player or a Liverpool defender if you could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Benetiz is notorious for rotation about this time of year, especially with both of them recovering from injuries and the fact they are playing stoke I wouldn't be surprised if either or Torres or Gerrard were rested.

Yea I was thinking of trying to get Arteta or Cahill but I only wanted to get rid of Ireland or Noble so I'm still a few quid short. Going to shift Gerrard out next week for Lampard, but if he plays against Stoke there's points to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I've settled on the following without using my wildcard. Will probably make a few changes over the season, but I've got a good point scoring midfield, solid defensive teams and strikers in form. Only player that needs to start scoring points is bentley:

James

--- Lescott
    Laursen
    Boswinga ---

Deco --- Barry ---- Bentley ---- Arteta (c) --- Denilson

Zaki
    The Yak

Subs: Schwarzer, L Young, Meite, Camara

I reckon that Torres will defo play..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Will Ashley Young be fit this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Fagan and Deco out, Arteta and Zaki in. Fabregas keeps his captaincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Nasri out, Fabregas in, Carew out, Darren Bent in, Bent is captain, this is an ingenious plan definitely.

• Advertisement

Oh Downing you absolute plank! How could you miss ANOTHER penalty? :mad::mad::mad:

I'm ditching this joke as soon as possible. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Lolz at Downing.

Phew, Rafa started Torres. I knew there would be a risk of him maybe not starting, but at home to Stoke, it was too tempting not to captain him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Have Torres as captain too, here's hoping he delivers :)

I hope Downing gets shot on his way home, but if Alves won the penalty like last time I'll gladly do it myself.

Apparently Stuart Downing has an eating disorder. Whenever something is on a plate he won't take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I hope Downing gets shot on his way home, but if Alves won the penalty like last time I'll gladly do it myself.

Nah twas Aliadiare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Forgot to change my team this week, didn't realise it was friday yesterday:rolleyes: Downing, you stupid ****. He's my only player who has played so far, so it might yet be an ok week, who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Was going to take out Given and put in Gordon but decided not to for some reason. :confused::mad: Newcastle have been **** since I've put him in.

Torres as captain = :mad: Owen and Skrtel = :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Cant believe liverpool drew with stoke. Even though i dont have any pool players being a massive fan its a shocking result for us.

Fantasy football side of things im sure alot of people would of had gerrard/torres as captain.

I bought cahil this week and took the risk of sticking him as captain. Playing hull im sure therl be a few goals.If he doesnt do it im screwed. Owens goal cost me green and upson loosing the clean sheet and wheater did ****e to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Skyrtel is my only player who played today, so good start! Silly tackle to get booked though

Used my wildcard yesterday, so about 7/8 new players!

Team for this week.............

James
    Bosingwa
    Laursen
    Skyrtel
    Deco
    Arteta
    Wright-Phil---A Young

Zaki
    Defoe (C)
    Berbatov

Subs: Kirkland, Delap, Barnett, Paintsil

lol at all you guys who put no liverpool players. I am as big a pool fan as anyone and i wouldn't even put the faith in them that half of you lot are.. The only pool player that you should ever depend on are reina and carra for clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

lol at all you guys who put no liverpool players. I am as big a pool fan as anyone and i wouldn't even put the faith in them that half of you lot are.. The only pool player that you should ever depend on are reina and carra for clean sheets.

Err - Torres and Gerrard earned a fair few points last season.

...plus surely the rest of the defenders? :p

Tusky wrote: »
    Err - Torres and Gerrard earned a fair few points last season.

Indeed. I know if I stick with Torres for the season, he will get me 20+ goals. It's just really timing when I captain him, and tbf, Stoke at home is as good a fixture as any to give it to him.

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    ...plus surely the rest of the defenders? :p
    Negatory. You never know what full backs he is going to play. The only sure bets are carra and reina.

Skyrtel has surely replaced Hyppia at CB now though, has he not?

I was disappointed that I forgot to put in an Arsenal defender when I did my wildcard

Not so disappointed anymore :p

Also was gonna put in Riera, but I'm afraid himself and Babel will be slugging it out for the spot. Any Liverpool fans wanna advise? Babel seems to be a supersub type player at the moment

Skyrtel has surely replaced Hyppia at CB now though, has he not?

I was disappointed that I forgot to put in an Arsenal defender when I did my wildcard

Not so disappointed anymore :p

Also was gonna put in Riera, but I'm afraid himself and Babel will be slugging it out for the spot. Any Liverpool fans wanna advise? Babel seems to be a supersub type player at the moment

He has but i wouldn't be surprised to see him rotated with Agger, or even replaced by, during the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Indeed. I know if I stick with Torres for the season, he will get me 20+ goals. It's just really timing when I captain him, and tbf, Stoke at home is as good a fixture as any to give it to him.
    I thought the same... :(

Ah right

Any thoughts on Riera? Will he start on the left every week? Looks like a quality player and I could see him getting a few assists

• Advertisement

Reina, Carragher and Santa Cruz did well for me. Clichy getting taken off and conceding a goal wasn't all good. 18 points so far. Plus, in one of the leagues I'm involved in a lot of people had Adebayor as Captain :)

Cap'n Arteta hopefully will provide some goods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

My advice. Avoid Liverpool players. :D

19 points from 8 players, shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I got 15 points today, which worried me until I realised that only 3 of my players played. Though I have Ferdinand, Evra and Ballack in my team. Having thoroughly weighed my options, I think I'd like a Man Utd win :D:p

Clichy, and van Perise let me down. Delap is going to come in for Van persie so here's hoping he might scrape a bous point but I doubt it.

Reina and Carra keep the clean sheet so there's something at least.

Torres must have been captain for a load- the chap in my head to head had torres and keane- no pity from me though.

now here's hoping everton get 7 tomorrow and an arteta hat-trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

11 points from three players. Glad I didn't make Fabregas my captain.

Edit: 13 points from three, Fabregas was awarded 2 bonus points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Disaster. Fabregas as captain. Fingers crossed some random bonus points are added to his 1 point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

22 points with 7 players to play including Deco, Arteta and Wright-Phillips.

This is shaping up to be my best gameweek so far. Here's hoping.

I got 20 points with 7 players still to play. I'm very pleased with that considering Clichy got injured on me and donkey Downing missed his peno.

Thank you captain Adebayor for saving me from a miserable Saturday!

Still, I suspect tomorrow will be a tough old day.

I hate Clichy,Thinking of getting rid of Fabregas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement