Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I got a whopping 6 points....

.....with 10 players still to play :P

Gah, damn Adebayor getting that assist and bonus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Not a bad day for me. Provisional 23 points.

Clean sheets for Carra and Reina. Clichy let me down somewhat. Denilson made up Clichy though :)

Still have Carvalho, Laursen, Arteta(c), A Young, Wright-Philips, Yakubu and Zaki to play.

Looking like Young might be injured so he will be subbed with Geovanni who in turn may not play and will be subbed with Ashley Cole.

If Chelsea manage to keep a clean sheet, I could jam my way into having a very good week. I initially wanted to leave Carvalho on the bench but Ashton is injured so subbed him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

25 with 6 left to play. Carragher as captain. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

20 with 7 to play. Could be worse I suppose after giving the captains armband to Torres today. Shocking result today as a Liverpool fan. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Im looking to use my wildcard but can anyone tell me say if I make 4 transfers in the normal fashion tonight and it costs me 12 points...could i on Friday make more transfers, click use wildcard and have those 12 points I lost ealier in the week wiped out and all my transfers be free?

I think you can but I am not sure enough to suggest that you should defo go ahead with.

Got this from the faq on the site...seems to suggest I can make as many transfers and then at the end of the week I just click wildcard?

"When using my wildcard do all transfers have to be made at the same time?

No, all transfers made in the Gameweek your wildcard is played will be without points deduction, including those you have already made that Gameweek."

---Right ive done the sensible option just incase. Made two transfers of players who I want to bring in with Denilson(bargin of the year so far) and Carlton Cole. Out with muamba and bent. Im reckoning denilson will have jumped in value again so if im looking to bring in the ronaldocard ill need all the funds I can muster. Yet if i dont play it this week ive made two decent enough transfers.

If anyone knows for sure my wildcard question feel free to answer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

11 Points with Fabregas as captain, still have James, Dunne Laursen,Young Arteta,Lampard and Zaki to play, so hopefully some goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

My choice of Denilson is paying off nicely.

However, this week is going to be ****ing bad.
    I have 2 United attackers, 2 Chelsea defenders, and one United defender.
    Ronaldo however is my captain, so in reality, I'd like a 7-5 game, Ronaldo getting a hattrick, Berbatov getting another hattrick, and Brown chipping in, with Boswinga and Carvalho getting a brace each please :)

Also ****ing Ashton now needs to be replaced.

PHB wrote: »
    Was thinking about putting him to replace S Ireland. Hopefully the latter does the business today.:)

So relieved Ashley Young passed his fitness test, I completely forgot to change captaincy when I heard he was a doubt.

Has anyone made a decent enough profit from transfering players in and out at the right time? Just noticed that I am up 1 million :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Thank fook Morrison scored for WBA, a fair few of lads in one of my leagues have 2 villians at the back, one bloke even has Friedal in as well as Laursen and (L) Young. Sometimes I get as much pleasure seeing things like that, as I do my own players scoring. :D

PHB wrote: »

However, this week is going to be ****ing bad.
    I have 2 United attackers, 2 Chelsea defenders, and one United defender.
    Ronaldo however is my captain, so in reality, I'd like a 7-5 game, Ronaldo getting a hattrick, Berbatov getting another hattrick, and Brown chipping in, with Boswinga and Carvalho getting a brace each please :)

Also ****ing Ashton now needs to be replaced.

SSN saying that Ronaldo is on the bench mate.

For me, a Geovanni rampage of 4 or 5 goals would get my week back in order.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Disaster, Deco injured in warm up, he's out!:mad:

**** about Deco!:(

Deco and Modric don't feature. :( At least I've got 7 points from the bench replacing them.

Been pretty bad so far.Only 22 points from 6 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

dos Santos not starting either.
    Thought that was worth a transfer in after the way he played during the week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Took Glen Johnson out of my team :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

This is going to be a very poor week for me unless Arteta, Zaki and Ireland muster up 20+ points between them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've got a provisonal score of 47 points. I'll gladly take that considering I'd a player miss a penalty, two defenders who went off injured and a striker who didn't even start!

Shaun Wright-Phillips proved to be an inspired signing for me. He had a cracking game today against Pompey.

This was a really difficult week. I'm glad to leave it behind...

Lol at anyone who had Pompey defenders!

SWP has 11 points so far with bonus points surely to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Wright Phillips and Ireland in my team :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

36 points:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

45:D

31 so far, though my Santa Strike Force team did well with 43 so far

36. Not too bad considering regulars like Beye and Spiderman have been benched because of their injuries, and Torres as captain epic failed on me, but two weeks in a row and no appearances from Gio, means he will be getting the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

36 + 3 (Delap to be subbed in for Deco)

• Advertisement

Knee jerk reaction time. Gettin in before prices go up.

SWP, Ireland and Luke Young in for Srktel, Riera and S. Reid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

35 Points :( before bonus points, a very low points scoring week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

38. Nasri, Kranjcar and Modric dragged me down. The Dunney Monster played a stormer with 12 points. Time to swap Ireland for Kranjcar permenantely, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

OPENROAD wrote: »
    35 Points :( before bonus points, a very low points scoring week

Same as me...
    Regretting taking Wright Philips out for Arteta now...

does anyone know can i make transfers as normal today then play my wildcard friday so I wont be deducted any points for transfers made earlier in the week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've just gotten killed. 22 points this week, United attackers playing Chelsea defenders, neither doing well.

I just used by wildcard to get Ronaldo in before the price bump.
    I had Carvalho, Clichy and Ashton in, 2 of which are now serious injuries.

33 points with 3 points to be added from Butt coming in for the injured Deco.
    If I'm lucky maybe a few bonus points too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wright-Phillips got 3 bonus points which now gives me 50 in total. Cool. I comfortably won my head-to-head also. Major injury headaches however over Ashton and Carvalho. Decisions, decisions...

Spoke too soon, bonus points just got added. None for Ireland but a couple of midfielders did so total is now 42 including auto substitution, not too bad.

• Advertisement

40 pts total now. Kirkland with a clean sheet and bonus was a dark horse for me.

Transfer made. Ireland in, Gutierez out (although I intend bringing him back once fit). Reckon Ireland could tip th 6.0 maybe even 6.1 mark come Friday.

37 points. Wish I'd made SWP captain, although it's a relief just to have had him in. Deco and Tevez didn't play, and I used my only decent replacement on Ashton.

I can't believe Barry got 2 bonus points for Villa. Thought he had a poor game.

Berbatov got 3 bonus points somehow!

tribulus wrote: »

:eek:

That is mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ireland gets no bonus points and Gelson gets 1 bonus point (he played in the last 14mins).

WHAT THE FOOK?!

:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

tribulus wrote: »

Maybe it's just me but the bonus points awarded this year have been mind-boggling at times. As said, Ireland dominated the game and got no bonus points, and Berbatov barely gets into first gear and gets 3???

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but the bonus points awarded this year have been mind-boggling at times. As said, Ireland dominated the game and got no bonus points, and Berbatov barely gets into first gear and gets 3???

Must be all those runs that nearly paid off! I can't understand it myself but considering I have both Ireland and Berbatov in my team it evened itself out.

Bonus points have been crazy today.

Right, wildcard used. I'd rather have waited, but prices fluctuate so easily. It's obviously been prompted by Ronaldo's return, but also to get my two Spurs players out, who I've been far too patient with. Also, I had both Distin and James who were a great combination last season but this season are a liability combined.

I've always had 3 up top, but this time I've gone midfield crazy:

untitled-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

As long as Deco hasn't picked up something serious that looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bonus points have been crazy today.

Right, wildcard used. I'd rather have waited, but prices fluctuate so easily. It's obviously been prompted by Ronaldo's return, but also to get my two Spurs players out, who I've been far too patient with. Also, I had both Distin and James who were a great combination last season but this season are a liability combined.

I've always had 3 up top, but this time I've gone midfield crazy:

untitled-1.jpg

Quality midfield, the choice of defenders, though relatively cheap, were cleverly picked as each one is part of strong defences. I'd be worried about C.Cole but Defoe and the midfield should more than make up for any shortcomings from Cole. Well done.

Twas a bloody great week for me :) Thankfully Arteta got some bonus points!! Stupid players going off injured and yellow cards done me out of 3 or 4 more points too!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement