Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not a clue how these bonus points are given out.How does Gelson,Barry,Berbatov,Alex get bonus points.Fabregas seems to get them for doing nothing.Gerrard aswell.

Laursen should have had bonus points today as should Robinho.Its a disgrace

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My first decent week!

Denilson, SWP (Got rid of Elano for him during the week :D) and Carew got me 32 points alone.

51 from 10 players with Deco missing. Not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ended up with 50 points.

Pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

47 points. Not too bad I suppose but still haven't done as good as last year in any week yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Right, wildcard used. I'd rather have waited, but prices fluctuate so easily. It's obviously been prompted by Ronaldo's return, but also to get my two Spurs players out, who I've been far too patient with. Also, I had both Distin and James who were a great combination last season but this season are a liability combined.

Of all the teams I've seen re-shuffled to accomodate Ronaldo yours is the best. The only area I'd be worried about is your forwards but as you acknowledge that's the price you pay. Good work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

37. My first week under 50 and I've dropped to 6th in Boards. Time to wield the axe. The greasy one is making his return!

Wildcard played.

Ronaldo for Deco (injured)
    Bosingwa for Lescott (wh has been USELESS this season)
    Defoe for Van Persie (that one hurt, hollowman was looking good but ade is stealing his thunder now taking peno's)
    Zaki for Bent (nuff said)
    Denilson for A Young (Now THAT hurt, I personally think young is going to be the second highest points scorer this season but Denilson's price is going to rocket after the weekend.

Still 5 for 5 on my head to head so small mercy that everyone had a bad week relatively speaking.

So revised team:

1: Reina

2: Bosingwa
    3: Carragher
    4: Ferdinand
    5: Laursen
    6: Clichy

7: Ronaldo (C)
    8: Denilson
    9: Arteta

10: Defoe
    11: Zaki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

41 points - not bad with Man Utd v Chelsea
    (Ronaldo Cech Boswinga Evra only provided me with 7pts between them)

If i hadn't used my wildcard i think it would have been around 25 points.

Cech

Boswinga Clichy Evra Figuera

Ronaldo Fabregas Reo-Coker

Zaki Adebayor Davies

Subs: Schwarzer Delap Hamman Ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Well after a dismal week of 29 points, the wildcard has been used. The new team is now:

Reina

L Young---Clichy----Kompany
    ----Wright Phillips---Fabregas----Ireland----Ronaldo (C)
    Yakubu---Carew---Zaki

Bench: Schwarzer, Delap, Melchiot, Figueroa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

why dont you get all the money the player is worth when you transfer him out? eg. i have cech now at 6.0, but it says on his value hes 6.1, but when i go to transfer him out i only get the 6.0??
    if a player goes down in value you lose out straight away.

anyone else notice this? or understand what im trying to say!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

You only get half the profit.

And even then, it will get rounded down to the nearest .X value, as you cant have .XX values in the games.

In your case, half the profit is 0.05 (which you can't have) so it's rounded down to 0.0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Any idea when injuries are updated on the site?

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

This is what I use to check injuries. Can be a bit off from time to time but in the main it's very handy.

Thanks, yeah I know about that, I was hoping premierleague would have a return date in their profile but it's probably still too early to know how long they're out for to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Downing now has cost me too many poiints...

2 missed pens and the assists that go with them.

He's getting one more chance against West Brom next weekend and if he doesn't get me 6pts then he's out

37. My first week under 50 and I've dropped to 6th in Boards. Time to wield the axe. The greasy one is making his return!

Wildcard played.

Ronaldo for Deco (injured)
    Bosingwa for Lescott (wh has been USELESS this season)
    Defoe for Van Persie (that one hurt, hollowman was looking good but ade is stealing his thunder now taking peno's)
    Zaki for Bent (nuff said)
    Denilson for A Young (Now THAT hurt, I personally think young is going to be the second highest points scorer this season but Denilson's price is going to rocket after the weekend.

Still 5 for 5 on my head to head so small mercy that everyone had a bad week relatively speaking.

So revised team:

7: Ronaldo (C)

Damn it, never mess with the transfers. I've just noticed that instead of Ronaldo I can bring in Lampard & SWP.

Revised team would look as follows:

7: Lampard(C)
    10. Sean Wright Philips

11: Defoe
    12: Zaki

This would give me flexibility on fixtures as I'd have 12 very strong players, coupled with the fact I don't know if the greasy one will hit the ground running, I only got him early to avoid the price spike I'm expecting.

However there is the dreaded possibility of the player you have decided to bench getting a haul and pulling your hair out in frustration as well as not being able to afford to buy Ronny AND taking the points hit to do it.

Thoughts? Greasy one or Lampard and Sean Wright Philips plus a little bit of flexibility. ATM I'm inclined to stay with option 1 as Man utd will have a double game-week at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Just wondering is anyone here in the It in sligo? The fantasy football site doesnt load properly here for some reason. Was sound last year??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Are we likely to see Clichy back this coming weekend, anyone?

SofaK wrote: »
    Are we likely to see Clichy back this coming weekend, anyone?

Physioroom say the 27th so maybe, maybe not. Probably won't know until Friday.

• Advertisement

He'll be back. Only bruised.

Now someone hep me out here.

Greasy one or Lampard and SWP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I've gone for:

1. Almunia

2: Carvalho
    3: Laursen
    4: Carragher

5: Ireland
    6: Wright-Phillips
    7: Denilson
    8: Arteta

9: Adebayor(C)

Subs:
    12: Reina
    13: Figueroa
    14: Corluka
    15: Marney

I've seen that team repeated a few times.

Carvahlo is injured atm.

SetantaL wrote: »
    I've seen that team repeated a few times.
    Where?
    Carvahlo is injured atm.
    Hmmm, doesn't say anything on the fantasy league page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have started my climb and am on my way to dominating all leagues, including boards :D

Sherifu wrote: »
    Where?

Hmmm, doesn't say anything on the fantasy league page.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

• Advertisement

Hmmm, I would have transferred in Clichy but he's in doubt too.

Read the last two pages.

Clichy will prob be back- just bruised. Carvahlo is out for a while it seems.

You guys seem to be in the know; what's the word on Deco?

Click the link 4 posts up. It's on the last page too.

Yeah, but it says no return date, same as Carvalho, but you seemed to know different about Carvalho.

• Advertisement

Carvahlo is out for a while it seems.

I don't see a return date on that?

We know the same as you mate. sfa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

He'll be back. Only bruised.

Now someone hep me out here.

Greasy one or Lampard and SWP?

I would lean towards Lampard and SWP. As you said, it's hard to tell if Ronaldo is going to hit the ground running. I think most people are bringing him in for the sake of parity; we're all afraid of him having another amazing season, and we'll be left behind if we don't have him.

Could you get SWP and Ronaldo into the same team? How about swapping some defenders for cheaper options in the same defence? Eg, Skrtl for Carragher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Yeah, but it says no return date, same as Carvalho, but you seemed to know different about Carvalho.

Out for a month accordin to SSN

I could swap out Arteta for him as they are the same price but Everton have a softer run of games.

I'm going to leave the five defenders. They are all bonus getters and spreading them round like that ensures a solid points base. If you're relying on strikers to do it every week you're going to be let down and there's always one week in the season that everything seems to be a nil nil draw.

No I don't want to tinker with the defence, the thing is bringing in Lampard and SWP gives me another headache- who to drop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Carvalho out, Gallas now in.

A shame I had to sell him as he's done pretty well for me up until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's been 4 weeks, the most I've gotten from my captain was 5. Its horrendus. My cheap players are doing amazingly well, Ashton and Ireland especially were racking up points for me, but my star players have been doing ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tis a shame that Ashton has picked up another injury. Changed Clicky out for Sagna already.

I am tempted to change Ashton for Carew but I am 0.1 million short. Geovanni is worth 5.1 million now so I can make up that short fall by putting someone like Rio-Coker in. Would mean sacrificing 8 points though :| Am not convinced that it is worth it though.

Is Carvalho bolloxed?

I can leave things as they are and I am left with Carvalho, Ashton and Geovanni on the bench. Am thinking I am gonna have to take the hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Tis a shame that Ashton has picked up another injury. Changed Clicky out for Sagna already.

I am tempted to change Ashton for Carew but I am 0.1 million short. Geovanni is worth 5.1 million now so I can make up that short fall by putting someone like Rio-Coker in. Would mean sacrificing 8 points though :| Am not convinced that it is worth it though.

Is Carvalho bolloxed?

I can leave things as they are and I am left with Carvalho, Ashton and Geovanni on the bench. Am thinking I am gonna have to take the hit.

According to BBC site, Carvalho is out for upto 4 weeks, as is Deco.

Took out Deco for SWP.

URL: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7630199.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

If I decide to use the wildcard this week, and make the changes today, can I then make changes later on during the week without extra cost? I want to take out Carvalho, Nasri, Modric, etc for injury now before they lose more value, but I need to make other changes later on on Friday.....

why dont you get all the money the player is worth when you transfer him out? eg. i have cech now at 6.0, but it says on his value hes 6.1, but when i go to transfer him out i only get the 6.0??
    if a player goes down in value you lose out straight away.

anyone else notice this? or understand what im trying to say!!?

Pay Capital Gain Tax :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

TripleAce wrote: »
    If I decide to use the wildcard this week, and make the changes today, can I then make changes later on during the week without extra cost? I want to take out Carvalho, Nasri, Modric, etc for injury now before they lose more value, but I need to make other changes later on on Friday.....

you can make as many changes as you want up until the deadline for the next game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

TripleAce wrote: »

I was asking this question all week. Answer is yes. If you click wildcard now for the rest of the week you can make as many changes up to the deadline and it will cost you 0.

Lampard and Adebayor or Ronaldo and Defoe?Kompany or Dunne?
    Arteta or Cahill?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

According to BBC site, Carvalho is out for upto 4 weeks, as is Deco.

Took out Deco for SWP.

URL: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7630199.stm

Deco isnt supposed to be out for as long as Carvalho. 2-3 weeks max. Anyone who bought him at 9 and sold now at 9.5 could be taking a 0.3m if they wanted to buy him back after 2 weeks and he didnt drop much in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

Ive Bent, Robinho and Berbatov up front, with Ronaldo and joe cole in midfield. What are the views on this?

I played the wildcard, my Team is now as follows:

Cech

Alex
    Bosingwa
    Evra

Fabregas
    Ronaldo
    Denilson
    Eboue

Berbatov (C)
    Zamora
    Alves

Sustitutions:

Schwarzer
    Reo-Coker
    Paintsil
    Pele

A few easy games to come for Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea….. 9/11 of the first team members are for those teams, so I hope to do well! I aim for 120 points this weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Ive Bent, Robinho and Berbatov up front, with Ronaldo and joe cole in midfield. What are the views on this?

Hard to formulate one until we can see your full squad. Big name players are great, but not if you've 5 or 6 duffers to accommodate them.

cech

terry
    figeuroa
    l young
    gallas

ronaldo
    joe cole
    reo-coker

bent
    robinho
    berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

cech

terry
    figeuroa
    l young
    gallas

ronaldo
    joe cole
    reo-coker

bent
    robinho
    berbatov

Yeah not bad, although I would swap Terry for Bosingwa, saving you £1.2 million, and then upgrade someone like Young or Reo Coker, probably Coker. By doing that, you could have someone like Ireland, Gutierrez, or Valencia instead of Reo 'I score every 18 months' Coker.

You could also use that money to upgrade Bent, as I don't see him scoring much this season. Using the £1.2 million, you could start looking at the likes of Gabi, Owen, or Jo, all much more likely to get a goal every other game than Bent.

All of the above is just my two cents though, and each to there own.

• Advertisement

I know Terry is expensive but is he not good for the odd goals and clean sheet?

Advertisement