Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Johnson's back too.

If anyone's gonna be dropped though it will be Elano, a la the Sunderland game.

Ronaldo as captain this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Cesc as captain, bout time Hull get another tonking.

Are you sure Neil Ronnie will get more that 60 mins given his lack of fitness, and CL match this week?

Are you sure Neil Ronnie will get more that 60 mins given his lack of fitness, and CL match this week?

He'll have wrapped up a hatrick with bonus points by then! :P

This better not be another "Walcottgate."

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Johnson's back too.

If anyone's gonna be dropped though it will be Elano, a la the Sunderland game.

So Ireland woul be a safe enough bet?

Green

Lescott
    Rio
    Laursen
    Clichy

SWP (C)
    Ireland
    Arteta
    Young

Torres
    Yakubu

3 Everton players is dodgy but all are capable of goals.

SWP as captain means City will lose 5-0

So Ireland woul be a safe enough bet?

99% sure he'll play in a midfield three with Kompany and A N Other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Green

Lescott
    Rio
    Laursen
    Clichy

SWP (C)
    Ireland
    Arteta
    Young

Torres
    Yakubu

3 Everton players is dodgy but all are capable of goals.

Jaysus, Green in goals is interesting. Obviously going for the shots saved bonus and not the clean sheet bonus :D

Am in two minds about Yakubu and Arteta. Not sure if they will be getting many points out of that game.

SWP as captain is defo a possibility for me though.. Decisions decisions.

Please God!

Given:(

Brown
    L Young
    Clichy---

Denilson----A Young
    Ireland----Ronaldo (C)

Torres
    Zaki
    Walcott:(

• Advertisement

Have been toying with putting Walcott in but I think it might be too early. Ronaldo as captain is interesting.

Jaysus, Green in goals is interesting. Obviously going for the shots saved bonus and not the clean sheet bonus :D

I've been trying to get rid of him for weeks but I don't wanna take a 4 point hit cause if my replacement doesn't keep a clean sheet then it's not worth it.

Final Team(hopefully)

Cech

Clichy Kompany Laursen

Ronaldo W Phillips Ireland Denilson Arteta

Adebayor(C) Zaki

This better not be another "Walcottgate."

I goty badly burnt in week 1 and 2 by that Lewis hamilton lookalike.

More than likely my starting 11:

Kirkland

---Bosingwa
    Skrtel
    Clichy

Cesc(C)
    Ireland
    Arteta
    Young

Torres----Owen----Zaki

Torres really needs to start getting points on the board to justify his inclusion.

Have been toying with putting Walcott in but I think it might be too early. Ronaldo as captain is interesting.

U know Walcott has a massive week in him but he keeps startin on the bench. Ronaldo cost me enough and its games like Bolton at home where he;s liable to get a hatrick + bonus points. Now he's gonna get me 1 point. :(

I've been trying to get rid of him for weeks but I don't wanna take a 4 point hit cause if my replacement doesn't keep a clean sheet then it's not worth it.

I had Green for the guts of last season, when west Ham were conceding buckets, but he racks up the points in saves, bouns, and pen saves. I would stick with, as for that price, you won't get much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I had Green for the guts of last season, when west Ham were conceding buckets, but he racks up the points in saves, bouns, and pen saves. I would stick with, as for that price, you won't get much better.

Yep, he got a ridiculous amount of peno saves last season.

I had James because he was a points monster last season, but I've just brought Green in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Thats a solid team, but I think we will be seeing less of Fletcher as we go forward. He has being playing well but most of Uniteds midfielders are back. I don't rate Corluka either tbh. Someone like Dunne from Man City would prob get you more points, given Spurs poor run of form.

Cheers buddy, thanks for the advice! I dunno why but I thought I was going to get roasted for asking anything like that... Anyways, looking forward to saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Evra in for Carvalho, I hope to god Clichy plays tomorrow too as my other defenders are very unlikely to get anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Don't worry both Wenger and Clichy himself have said that he will be playing tomorrow.

Think i'm gonna try and stick it out with the team i have now despite my poor start and resist the wild card temptation for the moment. Fabregas and Torres have to get going fairly soon i reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I've had Green in since the start, he's always good for one or two points save bonus. Clean sheet not so much, but he's cheap as chips...

• Advertisement

cech

Figuora clichy laursen

w phillips a young ronaldo Arteta Denilson

Zaki Adebayor

Thoughts?No doubt this team will change again before 11:30am

The problem I have with Zaki is that I can't see him sustaining that sort of form over the whole season. So that begs the question - who can come in and replace him at that sort of price? You're gonna be pretty limited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What the hell happened to Joe Cole?:mad: I already took a 12 point hit, feck that, I'm just gonna play 4 defenders instead of 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Im pretty much settled on my team but wondering who to leave on the bench from

Ronaldo—Arteta—-Wright Phillips—A Young—-Denilson

Van Persie—-Zamora—-Zaki

One has to be left on the bench, one has to made capt. At the moment Wright Phillips is on the bench and Van Persie is capt. Thoughts?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What the hell happened to Joe Cole?:mad: I already took a 12 point hit, feck that, I'm just gonna play 4 defenders instead of 3.

I don't know, but I only just brought him in for the injured Deco :(

Edit: Sweet, because I used the wildcard I can still transfer him out for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I don't know, but I only just brought him in for the injured Deco :(

Edit: Sweet, because I used the wildcard I can still transfer him out for free.

Grrrrrrr....exactly the same. I just hope all of my first 11 plays because all of my bench is injured/suspended.

A question to others who have brought Ronaldo back...putting him as captain this weekend? He should start, but I'm still not completely sure he will.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Im pretty much settled on my team but wondering who to leave on the bench from

Ronaldo—Arteta—-Wright Phillips—A Young—-Denilson

Van Persie—-Zamora—-Zaki

One has to be left on the bench, one has to made capt. At the moment Wright Phillips is on the bench and Van Persie is capt. Thoughts?

I would have left Zamora out.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

played my wild card, team for the wk

Cech

alex
    figeuro
    gallas
    l young

ronaldo
    cesc
    anderson???

defoe
    agbonlahor
    berbatov

any opinions

played my wild card, team for the wk

Cech

alex
    figeuro
    gallas
    l young

ronaldo
    cesc
    anderson???

defoe
    agbonlahor
    berbatov

any opinions

Good potential, with a particulalry strong offense, whilst also have some quality at the back. However, I would question Anderson's inclusion. Holding players rarely score well in the fantasy, on top of the fact that he is not a guaranteed starter. There's plenty of good options at 6 mil to have a decent attacking mf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

i know hes the weakest link imo, it was a bias selection

ive cesc as captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've gone with Tevez as my captain. A bit of a gamble alright but I reckon he could do well against Bolton.

Swapped Deco out for J Cole and now he's injured, brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

playa3 wrote: »
    Think i'm gonna try and stick it out with the team i have now despite my poor start and resist the wild card temptation for the moment. Fabregas and Torres have to get going fairly soon i reckon

Aha yes! Torres, Young and Bosingwa all in my team. Knew my patience would pay off eventually. Expect Fabregas and van Persie to be rampant later!

[edit]- ah bollocks im just after realising it was the champions league one i brought Bosingwa in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Young + Bosingwa :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Hmm, Rio/Lescott, Arteta and Berbatov or Figuero, Captain Ronaldo and C Cole.

Dave! wrote: »

+1 :D

Bloody Micheal Owen again!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dave! wrote: »

I stupidly sold Young for Ronaldo.

• Advertisement

Torres+Young+Bosingwa+Owen = 3.gif

Newcastle getting tonked at home = :(

Ronaldo was just gifted some points there.. Pain in the tits!

Oh look, United go on to score another with Ronaldo getting the assist.. you would swear that this **** is scripted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A dire day for me so far. A provisional 25 points with only four players still to come. I need a big performance from Arsenal and if they don't keep a clean sheet I'm f*cked. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Ronaldo as Captain. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Plus I'm pretty sure there is some bonus points coming.

34 points with 4 to play - Denilson(c), Sagna, SWP and Zaki..

• Advertisement

Ronaldo as Captain. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Plus I'm pretty sure there is some bonus points coming.

Tis a bloody shambles.. Won't be putting him in my team!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I'm afraid to look at my team.

Didnt see any of the game but thought I heard one of the commentators on Setanta there say that Carew scored directly from a Young free kick. No points up for an assisat for Young though.
    Anyone see the game?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Didnt see any of the game but thought I heard one of the commentators on Setanta there say that Carew scored directly from a Young free kick. No points up for an assisat for Young though.
    Anyone see the game?

No, it wasn't directly from the free-kick. From what I read, Petrov picked the ball up after Young hit the wall and crossed it to Carew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Ronaldo you beauty! :D 38 provisional points with Fabregas, Clichy, SWP, Kompany, Ireland, Zaki and Defoe still to play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement