Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

No, it wasn't directly from the free-kick. From what I read, Petrov picked the ball up after Young hit the wall and crossed it to Carew.

Cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ronaldo you beauty! :D 38 provisional points with Fabregas, Clichy, SWP, Kompany, Ireland, Zaki and Defoe still to play.

Jaysus!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Have Boswinga in there...

Surely he'll get an assist for the second chelsea goal?

Have Boswinga in there...

Surely he'll get an assist for the second chelsea goal?

Certainly seems that it was from a few reports. He is proving to be a bit more effective than Ashley Cole.

:) Solid week so far! Captaining Ronaldo was my master stroke!! :P

It's a bloody shambles!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

So I had Bent captain last week, and last night I changed it to Downing, well, I thought I did, but I must not have saved it or something because Bent is still my captain, good times.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

38 points so far.

5 players left to play:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Masterstoke me hole. You'd swear nobody else in the game even considered doing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Masterstroke me hole.

No thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

43 with Dunne, SWP and Defoe to play (as well as Denilson to finish the Arsenal game).

Hoping bonus points haven't been added and Ronaldo & Young get a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Dammit.

There goes the Clichy cleansheet bonus :/

2-1 now:eek:

There goes Gallas getting me points.

Now for Adebayor to get a game winning brace please.

Stupid Arsenal!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Despite having Denilson, I can only be delighted by the turn of events of event so far. I wonder how many people have an Arsenal captain?

Quite a few would have Ade as captain. Arsenal losing means Cesc isn't guaranteed his weekly 3 bonus points though. :(

I have Denilson as captain. I intended on changing it to Young or Carew but forgot :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Fucking hell. Adebayor as captain, Geovanni on bench. So far Owen is the only one to get me points this week. :(

Moral of the Story: Never doubt Ronaldo in FF.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Masterstoke me hole. You'd swear nobody else in the game even considered doing the same.

Hence the ":P" after there captain serious.

Geovanni on the bench...denilson starting......b0ll0x

My opponet in the head to head is ahead of me 7 points.He has two more players to play.I have 4.I need a Man City clean sheet.Is it likely Xavi6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ehhh I really couldn't tell you. We'll either win 4-0 or lose 1-0. That's why I never bet on City!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I have Denilson as captain. I intended on changing it to Young or Carew but forgot :(

Ditto. Have Gallas and Fabergas too. What was I thinking with Denilson captain though? Dropping Fab for Lampard now.

Then I'll have:

Howard
    Gallas Boswinga Kompany
    Arteta Denilson SWP Ronaldo Lampard
    Zaki Robinho

Schwarzer Cole Figueroa Ricketts

Bonus points are in and I am two behind him now.If Defoe gets a goal.I should be safe.Only thing is he has got Ireland and W Phillips to play.I have W Phillips,Kompany,Defoe and Zaki to play.Can Ireland outscore Kompany,Defoe and Zaki?:eek:

Ditto. Have Gallas and Fabergas too. What was I thinking with Denilson captain though? Dropping Fab for Lampard now.

Not that renegade of a decision in fairness.. He has been getting the points that Fabregas would typically be getting.. Has to end eventually like but today was just a freak result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bonus points are in and I am two behind him now.If Defoe gets a goal.I should be safe.Only thing is he has got Ireland and W Phillips to play.I have W Phillips,Kompany,Defoe and Zaki to play.Can Ireland outscore Kompany,Defoe and Zaki?:eek:

What is the Head to Head thing about? Is it just random users in a league?

JPA wrote: »
    What is the Head to Head thing about? Is it just random users in a league?

Yeah.Its against random users but it is done in a league format.You play the other 19 teams twice.If you score more ff points you get three points,if ye draw,ye get one each.

We should set up a seperate one of these for Boards.

Using the same teams.

First twenty get in.

Are you able to do that?:confused:

SantryRed wrote: »
    We should set up a seperate one of these for Boards.

Using the same teams.

First twenty get in.

Are you able to do that?:confused:

Its random.I am afraid!:(

Would be a good idea.

To all those people with Ade, you'll be gald to know he got an assist for the Mc Shane goal. lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Noyce one, Laursen got 3 bonus points!

37 provo points

James, Defoe, WrightPhil, Ireland, and Zaki still to go!

Berbatov no bonus points this week, but 3 last week??? :confused: He didn't light the world on fire tonight, but he was certainly better than against Chelsea IMO. Those bonus points must be random as f*ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

53 pts so far, with Zaki, Ireland, and Kirkland left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

To all those people with Ade, you'll be gald to know he got an assist for the Mc Shane goal. lol
    Just saw that. And I brought him in this week for Torres. Was kicking myself a bit but the assist helps.

32 with Ireland, SWP, Defoe and Zaki to play tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Poor enough week, changed captain to fabregas from young, am sick.
    43 points with kompany, zaki and jo still to play.

I was expecting a decent week with most of my players at home and it delivered.

65 points with Zaki, Defoe and Johnson left to play.

Looking like I'm going to be 18/18 points in the head to head league unless Valencia somehow manages to score about 4 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Then I'll have:

Howard
    Gallas Boswinga Kompany
    Arteta Denilson SWP Ronaldo Lampard
    Zaki Robinho

Schwarzer Cole Figueroa Ricketts

That side comes to 105.1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Trampas

fcuk u rob styles. he has got an awful of teams back in it cos most teams behind got ronaldo in.

at least the leader hasn't got him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

titan18 wrote: »
    That side comes to 105.1.

Not if you bought them at the right time. Currently at 103.3m
    I'm not saying how many transfers Ive made but I hope to be done with a Dream Team before Christmas

Edit: just noticed, I swapped Howard for Hart yesterday. Forgot I did that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Many play their wildcard yet?

Very tempted as my team is just struggling every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

played my wildcard after about 3 weeks. hadn't put in enough effort day one and it cost me. happier now, though i didn't really leave myself much of an option to bring in Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Had 36 from 5 players today, right before Denilson, Clichy and Adebayor decided to screw up.

49 points with SWP, Zaki and Hart to play. Will be delighted to reach 60-Hart v Zaki is unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

56 Points so far but in reality it is really 44 points as I took a 12 point hit to get Ronaldo in, still happy with that, still have James, Dunne, Ireland and Zaki to play.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Fucking hell. Adebayor as captain, Geovanni on bench. So far Owen is the only one to get me points this week. :(

Yeah, just spotted that. Getting rewarded for stuff like that seems to work on a pretty random basis.
    Dave! wrote: »
    Noyce one, Laursen got 3 bonus points!

Those bonus points must be random as f*ck

Damn straight. It's the only thing keeps me in this God damn game. I think they reward them to popular players i.e. players that a lot of managers have selected whenever they possibly can e.g. Laursen will get 3 if Villa win, Fabregas if Arsenal win etc.
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    played my wildcard after about 3 weeks. hadn't put in enough effort day one and it cost me. happier now, though i didn't really leave myself much of an option to bring in Ronaldo.

Ditto. A lot of my team regulars were injured or overpriced at the start of the season and I left some money aside for bringing Ronaldo in. Then I panicked and reshuffled (ending up with Given as keeper, what?) and it's helped a little but I still need to bring Ronaldo back. Am thinking of ditching Adebayor so I can swap Arteta out for him but he's been my biggest source of points so far.

Not if you bought them at the right time. Currently at 103.3m
    I'm not saying how many transfers Ive made but I hope to be done with a Dream Team before Christmas

Edit: just noticed, I swapped Howard for Hart yesterday. Forgot I did that.

With that side,you should get a lot of points then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Damn straight. It's the only thing keeps me in this God damn game. I think they reward them to popular players i.e. players that a lot of managers have selected whenever they possibly can e.g. Laursen will get 3 if Villa win, Fabregas if Arsenal win etc.

They are given to the 3 best players on the pitch....3 for the best,2 for the next and 1 for the last one!

kmart6 wrote: »
    They are given to the 3 best players on the pitch....3 for the best,2 for the next and 1 for the last one!

Nah,no chance.

kmart6 wrote: »

I realise that! It's the random way that seems to be decided that I'm talking about. Players can have a poor game and get 3 points. Others play a blinder and get nothing. Think they've gone back to asking journalists to vote on this.

I know a lot of people complained when they used the Actim Index to apportion bonus points but I thought it mostly worked with only occasionally bizarre results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sweet, more points from Defoe. Hopefully a couple of bonus too.

Sweet, more points from Defoe. Hopefully a couple of bonus too.
    Apart from Diarra, Defoe stood out the most in the game so I'd be hoping to see him pick up all 3 bonus points after Diarra's moment of madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Bosingwa, Ronaldo, Defoe, all brought in on this weeks wildcard.

Delicious!

53 Points before Defoe, Zaki, and SWP (Captain play)

If SWP bags a goal I'll be in the 70+ bracket.

Advertisement