Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Anyone heard anything on Boswinga? Heard he picked up a knock on his knee with Portugal in training.

Heard a rumour that Scolari wanted him rested and used his old Portugal contacts :D Probably sh1te but i fully expect (hope) he plays at the weekend.

Whats the story with Green at West Ham - is he fit? heard he pulled out of the England Squad

Injuries ruined me this week - Green, Boswinga??, Sagna, Robinho & Zaki - disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

What's wrong with Zaki?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Really got butt fcuked this week with injuries. Skrtel, Cesc, Torres and Owen all out. Luckily I have a bit of depth on the bench, so it will be a straight swap of Torres -> Rooney and Cesc -> Frank. I should then line up as follows:

Kirkland

Beye----Bosingwa----Clichy

Ireland--Lampard--Gio--Bentley--Young

Rooney(c)
    Zaki

Not too bad, but I had really earmarked this week as being a time to move on Bentley and Zaki. Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Thinking of getting rid of Corluka, Reina and possibly Zaki in the near future.

I'll have to keep an eye on the Bosingwa thing, hope he starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

What's wrong with Zaki?

Link

Also, on the brilliant Fantasty Football Scout website - link - he's down as a major doubt

Thought it couldnt get much worse with injuries - then i hear that Fabergas is doubtful with a broken nose :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Dont think this week is going to be a good week. Decided to get ride of Zaki and get in Carlton Cole. Its freed up about 1.1 million too, but just have a bad feeling about this week.

Team is

Cech
    --Bosingwa
    Arbeloa
    Laursen
    Figeuroa-
    Ronaldo(c)
    Arteta
    Denilson

Cole
    Adebayor
    Defoe

Subs: Schwarzer, Morrison, Little, Pele

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Petrov injured
    Reid out for the season
    Owen injured (surprise)

This gets better and better :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Clichy for Agger
    or
    Fabregas for SWP

Which one would you guys do?!

SWP

Chance that Hypia could come in instead of Agger with Agger being rested for Champions league.

Really got butt fcuked this week with injuries. Skrtel, Cesc, Torres and Owen all out. Luckily I have a bit of depth on the bench, so it will be a straight swap of Torres -> Rooney and Cesc -> Frank. I should then line up as follows:

Kirkland

Beye----Bosingwa----Clichy

Ireland--Lampard--Gio--Bentley--Young

Rooney(c)
    Zaki

Not too bad, but I had really earmarked this week as being a time to move on Bentley and Zaki. Oh well.
    You had Rooney and Lamps on the bench?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Alright time to get back into the swing of this game.

Zaki out, Cisse in. I have a funny feeling he'll do well for Sunderland against Fulham. Then again that might just be gas. Ah well, let's see. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

After much deliberation Fabregas and Defoe out, Denilson and Rooney in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

SetantaL wrote: »
    SWP

Chance that Hypia could come in instead of Agger with Agger being rested for Champions league.

Resting Agger?! Would of thought he would try and give him as much matchtime he could before CL.

Liverpool have Chelsea next too. Maybe i should go for Laursen?

That said, Man City's fixture list looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

ah no, Gallas out till november. I've now got 7 players for this weekend (including subs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

A Young out -> Geovanni in
    to give me cash for (not that it's a bad sub anyway)...
    Zaki out -> Rooney in

I expect Rooney to start banging in the goals now; which means he will NOT :D

I coulda actually bought Ronaldo just there and maintained a decent team! But decided Rooney would be the better option. I am certain I will regret that, but oh well :p

Team........

James
    Bosingwa
    Evra
    Distin
    Ireland---Arteta---Wright-P---Geovanni
    ---Rooney(C)---Defoe----Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Rooney and Berbatov up front? :eek:

That :eek: is not a "oh how i'd love those two in my team" and more a "that's surely madness" :eek:.

And to everyone selling Zaki, stop! I don't want his value to drop at the moment.

You had Rooney and Lamps on the bench?:eek:

No. Gio and Habib Beye on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Decided on....

Friedel

Evra Clichy Bosingwa Carragher

Ronaldo Denilson Ireland

Rooney(c) Cole Defoe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Zaki declared himself fit for the game tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Anyone know of a website that will allow you to analyse past matches between two teams i.e. with Arsenal playing Everton this weekend, where I can select these two teams and it will show historical results and goalscorers?

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Anyone know of a website that will allow you to analyse past matches between two teams i.e. with Arsenal playing Everton this weekend, where I can select these two teams and it will show historical results and goalscorers?

You probably want more detail than this but if you go to the BBC's reports on the team news it will give you head-to-head records as well as the goalscorers from last season's corresponding fixture:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7665065.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

You probably want more detail than this but if you go to the BBC's reports on the team news it will give you head-to-head records as well as the goalscorers from last season's corresponding fixture:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7665065.stm

Thanks, no looking to be able to analyse home and away results over a few years, tks anyway.

Hmmm.I am in pickle.A Young or W Phillips to start?

My final team for tomorrow.There has been a lot of changes.

Cech or Schwarzer depening on fitness

Laursen Kompany Clichy

Ronaldo Lamps W Phillips Marney Denilson

Zaki Defoe

Brought in Lamps on a moment of madness.Took out Young and Arteta to accomodate him.Hopefully,it will pay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

OPENROAD wrote: »

I use this one
    http://www.playerhistory.com/Default.aspx?page=seasons&seasonID=24804

its for 07/08 season but you can go back previous years

haven't had time all week to look at this....just goonna go with what I have. My one change done already which is Geovanni in

• Advertisement

Loco wrote: »

Anyone heard anything on Boswinga? Heard he picked up a knock on his knee with Portugal in training.

Boswinga is confirmed to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Im fecked..never thoguht of checking it...i have cech,cole and torres as captain:(...not gonna be a good week

Damn it Lamps.Get some points!:mad:

Damn it Lamps.Get some points!:mad:
    lol

Just as I post it.He scores!:D

Pity my head to head has him in the team too.

Zaki and Fabregas both start. Not as bad a week for injuries as I'd feared now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I've picked up 14 points from Chelsea's win, Lampard 8 and Boswinga 6. Hopefully a bonus point or two will be awarded to one (or both) of them later.

Hmm my decision to transfer out Zaki isn't looking so good right now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Kinda wish i'd captained him now :pac:

Didn't know about Cech :(

Agreed. But his value was minimal in the leagues I concentrate on, as those I am challenging had him as well. They have also subbed him out this week. So, much of a muchness really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I keep thinking the Zaki bubble will burst, which is why I've yet to bring him in. Stupid really, since the name of the game is picking form players :(

Schwarzer to possibly collect 8 points!:O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

2nd goal for kuyt. Just after taking him out to make room for ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This game makes me cry sometimes. Not literally, but inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

GuanYin wrote: »
    Zaki declared himself fit for the game tomorrow.
    FFS! Why didn't I check boards last night!!

After reading that Zaki might not play I stuck him on the bench. Now I've got 10 points sitting on the bench. :(

I should've just left him there and if he didn't play he would've just been subbed. Bleedin game!!!

Cech being injured did wonders for me!:)

Is the Premier league websit down?

• Advertisement

I'll have Schwarzer come in for Cech who didn't play so that eases my Zaki pain somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i also removed walcott, who also just scored

I'll have Schwarzer come in for Cech who didn't play so that eases my Zaki pain somewhat.

Clichy is gone from my team.Evra or Boswinga?

Chelsea dont look like conceeding many this year. Even their sub keeper is better than VDS so you'll probably get as many if not more clean sheets with Boswinga. Bonus points/goals/assists are probably equally likely from both.

I have both but I'd personally value Evra more as it seems to me Bosinwga is more likely to pick up injuries.

I' have Clichy aswell. I think I'll sleep on whether to give him the chop or not. Long term having 5 defenders from different clubs is a decent strategy. I could kiss Zaki. He has single handedly wiped out my head to head opponent who had ade as captain. Hoefully he won't pick up bonus points again for doing NOTHING!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Zaki, what a hero, declares himself fit and then manages to score yet again!

I'm also quite pleased with myself for subbing out Almunia for Schwarzer.

35 points so far with Ronaldo(C) and Ferdinand to hopefully get a win and a clean sheet as well as 3 players left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Was about to get rid of zaki this week as I didn't think he was fit, good job I didn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Schwarzer to come in for Green which will give me 34 points with only Kompany and SWP to play..... disaster

• Advertisement

I've a question. I have Evra but he went off at 34 minutes with an injury and currently I only have 1 point for him. If United keep a clean sheet will he earn more points than this?

Advertisement