Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I've a question. I have Evra but he went off at 34 minutes with an injury and currently I only have 1 point for him. If United keep a clean sheet will he earn more points than this?

No he has to play 60 minutes or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I've a question. I have Evra but he went off at 34 minutes with an injury and currently I only have 1 point for him. If United keep a clean sheet will he earn more points than this?

No. he needs to be on for the 60.

It only works well when you're player goes off after the 60 mark, with no goals being conceded, and then the team concedes. You get the clean sheet, but every other def. (still on the park) doesn't.

I think he has to play 60 mins for the clean sheet.Sorry dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Is Wes Brown injured? Hopefully he doesn't come on so that Zaki comes into my team from the bench. Bleedin L Young messed that one up already by coming on in the 87 minute! :rolleyes:

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Rooney and Berbatov up front? :eek:

That :eek: is not a "oh how i'd love those two in my team" and more a "that's surely madness" :eek:.
    LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Really was a no brainer having Rooney as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I would've loved to have brought Rooney in, but it would've been too many transfers. Goal, 2 assists, undoubtedly the three bonus points. At least Ronaldo bagged one for me.

Wazza as captain, and Ronaldo not running riot, have shaped things up nicely for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ronaldo (C) + Rooney = :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Any opinions on Ronaldo at the moment, know he scored today but for his price, not sure he offers good value, doesn't look as good as last season, granted he is not long back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He has played 3 full games and aquired nearly 60 points. Not too shabby in my book!

Stick him as captain and and he's getting into double digits nearly every week, 20+ several times as well.

Suppose so, looking at my team, I think I have spent too much on my midfield which is impacting on the rest of my team not that I'm doing badly, currently have A young, Ronaldo, Lampard, Fabregas and Ireland. May get rid of Cesc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bit of a mixed bag after the United game. I lost a bit of points at the back with Evra's injury but Ronaldo as my captain gets me 16 points.

I'm after using my transfer already to bring Zaki back in. Wigan's next few fixtures look promising and I reckon his value will continue to soar so I felt I had to act quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

That's it- I give up. The gods of stupidity are finally running fantasy football bous points.

Zaki scores two goals and almost wins the game single handedly- no bonus points. Valencia gets sent off =2 bonus points. WTF???

52 points with SWP to play tomorrow. I'm surely way above the average.

Ronnie as captain and zaki was the bulk of that. Still undefeated in my head to head 8-0 which is tasty cos I clipped the guy in second this week.

Glad to see ade was't handed bonus points for nothing two weeks in a row.

49 pts with Ireland, Bentley, Gio, and Beye left to play. Should be a good week, with ground made on the various leaders in my respective leagues.

SetantaL wrote: »
    Zaki scores two goals and almost wins the game single handedly- no bonus points. Valencia gets sent off =2 bonus points. WTF???

That is bonkers alright. I had Valencia on the bench and was well pleased with that decision but it turns out if he'd played I would have picked up around 4 points I think. Crazy stuff. Zaki should have got bonus points without a doubt.

Anybody think that Rooney can sustain his form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

66 points with Marney and Carlton Cole still to play. Hope one of them doesn't though as Zaki is sitting on the bench with 10 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

64 points with SWP, Ireland, and Geovanni still to play :) Evra let me down, as did Defoe

Was gutted I took out Zaki, but methinks Rooney did pretty good ;)

Could be my best week so far, here's hoping City do a job tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

I got a massive 82 points so far this week. Im comming 615th out of 1.6 million people for this weeks scores :cool: and still have two players to play. Bellamy and Ireland. i had Zaki, Lampard and Rooney as captain. My goalkeeper and all my defenders kept clean sheets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fair play, that's bloody huge

Could even reach 100+ :eek:

59 Points thanks to Ronaldo(c) Lampard and Zaki. Still have Dunne and Ireland to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

heres hoping either wright phillips or best hope di michelle dont play tomorrow zaki is my first sub to come in. Im on a pretty average 43. I seem to be failing to reach the heights I did last year when everything i did seemed to work. Anyone know how bad is evras injury? Brought him in this week for kolo toure...i thought id made a masterstroke when I seen toure taken off....:cool:

On Evra's injury, according to Sky Sports:
    Ferguson also confirmed that Patrice Evra is a doubt for the Celtic game after going off with a tight hamstring.

I'd say he'll miss the CL game.

Any reason why L Young did not start the match, wondering if this is a one off?

61 with C. Cole to go.

Lol at Valencia gettin 4 points despite the red card! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Xavi6 wrote: »
    61 with C. Cole to go.

Lol at Valencia gettin 4 points despite the red card! :D

How on earth did he get 2 bonus points and Zaki (who apparently was MotM) got none?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Absolutely terrible week, 37pts, with Schwarzer on the bench to come in for Cech which will give me an extra 7. And only C. Cole to play. He had better score a hat trick or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Terrible week so far but I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a great one.

I'm down from 112th to 1,400th in the overall rankings.

And C. Cole should of just scored there.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

That's it- I give up. The gods of stupidity are finally running fantasy football bous points.

Agreed. I have Zaki and I was sure he'd get a bonus point at least for his performance.

C. Cole pings the bar :mad:

G'wan Delap my son! :D He ought to get a bonus point as well but you'd never know with this bonus system.

Pity he hit the crossbar after the missed penalty or I would have got a bucket load of points.

Ah well. I think I'm on around 51 with Stephen Ireland still to play. My expectation was for 47 pts so I'll take that.

53 pts with Beye and Ireland to play. Would be chuffed with a 60 pt week if I can get it.

Bentley will be on his bike though, that was pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Doing well so far this week with 72 points with SWP still to play. Nearly everything going well this week in the absence of Torres :):):):):)

• Advertisement

I was hoping for a better Hammers result, 56 points -though Zaki not getting any bonus was criminal - with Ireland and SWP to play tomorrow.

Hoping for a Newcastle hammering tomorrow (sorry Charlie - just need the points!) so I think finishing the week on 65 is a reasonable target.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

50 with SWP to play.

Adebayor=chop
    Arteta=chop

I'm thinking the same with Arteta.

I have 1.3 to spare but I'd like to set 0.2 aside to transfer Almunia out for Cech.

Any ideas?

Who to go for next week?Lamps or Deco?

If I go for Deco,I can Bring Boswinga in and Ireland for Denilson

If I go for Lamps,I can keep Denilson and get A.Traore in the backs.

A solid 63 moves me up in all of my leagues. Back into the top 250 in boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

poor week. evra adebayor davies and marney all scored very low.

55 points, with another 16 sitting on the bench in zaki/paintsil

ireland still to play. hopefully he doesnt play so zaki comes on!!

delap saved me with 10 points this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    FFS! Why didn't I check boards last night!!

After reading that Zaki might not play I stuck him on the bench. Now I've got 10 points sitting on the bench. :(

I should've just left him there and if he didn't play he would've just been subbed. Bleedin game!!!

I have done the same - cannot believe I've 10 points on the bench - really didn't think he'd score against the pool...Red tinted specs on there - god bless my naivity! Hope to god Kompany doesn't play tonight so he'll get on as automatic sub!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I can't complain about leaving Delap on the bench as is was a toss-up between leaving Zaki or him on the bench and they both scored 10.

My gamble to play 2 liverpool defenders backfired though :( having said that, my other option was to bring in Brown :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

66 points with Ireland left to play, although 24 points on the bench!!!

(wheres the sigh icon??? :()

I have done the same - cannot believe I've 10 points on the bench - really didn't think he'd score against the pool...Red tinted specs on there - god bless my naivity! Hope to god Kompany doesn't play tonight so he'll get on as automatic sub!
    On the plus side though, Wes Brown didn't play so Zaki will come in for him so not a total disaster of a week. 43 pts. so far with SWP (c) and Ireland still to play. Hopefully Newcastle get a thumping tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Whats people's opinion on Arteta? Can he keep it up? Was thinking of getting rid of him and Berba and sticking in Valencia and Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Whats people's opinion on Arteta? Can he keep it up? Was thinking of getting rid of him and Berba and sticking in Valencia and Rooney

I'd keep things as they are tbh.

How are people going in their head to heads btw?

I'd keep things as they are tbh.

I won this week but I'm only on 10 points despite the fact I've scored the 4th most in the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

After losing my first two games I won the next five. Set to win again tonight barring an absolute disaster.
    tribulus wrote: »
    I won this week but I'm only on 10 points despite the fact I've scored the 4th most in the league!

That's what's really interesting about the head to head I think. I'm currently 3rd in mine, should go 2nd tonight with a slim possibility of 1st, and I'm ahead of five players with greater total points than me. The top 6 in our league are on 5 wins and 2 losses, and the head of our league is about to lose to last place tonight provided SWP doesn't get carded and miss a penalty or something.

If it weren't for the head to head I'd probably have lost heart by now, rooted, as I am, to the bottom half of most of my leagues (even the 2 man league I'm in!) and coming 506th in the boards league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looks like I'm going to lose my first head to head tie tonight. :(

I'll still be top as my points difference is still about 80 points ahead of everyone else in the league.

• Advertisement
Advertisement