Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like I'm going to win my head to head which will keep me in second place in my league. The guy above me is having a stomer and has won all of his ones. It's going to be tough to budge him me thinks.

I'm hoping for a big performance from Stephen Ireland tonight. He should be pretty fresh and hopefully he'll contribute in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Dumped Torres and Wright Phillips

Lampard and Defoe in.

Have Lampard and Ronaldo now, will be sticking with them for the season barring injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Duff better have a good game as I've Delap with ten points sitting on the bench.:( Was hoping against hope that Duff wouldnt get his game - better perform now that he has.

Not a bad week with 61 points so far and whatever Duff picks up

Tightly poised in my head-to-head - he's on 59 points with SWP to play tonight.

Har luck Charlie.Beye sent off.

Ireland! Get in you legend!

What a bittersweet moment for charlie if the game stays like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Had SWP as captain. Thought he might snatch one, no such look. :(

Ireland got me some points anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

No magic from SWP brings a crap weekend to a close :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

my strategic addition of jo did not pay off - unless he benefits from some more bonus points silliness of course! My longer-term target of defoe has also increased in value so I'll have to do an extra transfer if I want to still get him - doh!
    61 points (assuming no bonus for jo)

When does the automatic sub come into effect? I want my Schwarzer points! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Buy SWP, get 3 x 2-point weeks in a row. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of wielding the axe over Adebayor, SWP and Arteta. Should any of them get a reprieve???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

76 points for the week, thank you Wayne Rooney :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

My starting players between them only got 5 points more than my bench, excellent.

My starting players between them only got 5 points more than my bench, excellent.

ouch

61 points for me overall. I'm happy with that return as it was looking for a while like it might be a rough week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

80 pts. woop!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

67 Points and still top of my head to head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A solid 63 and easily one my head to head.

A lot of green arrows beside my leagues this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

57 this week, not bad.
    Thinking about dropping Adebayor for Rooney. What do ppl think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Im contemplating that as well. But look at the stats, Adebayor's had a fairly mediocre season so far, and yet he's in the top 3! Imagine if he gets going.

Though Rooney was so impressive against West Brom and really seems to be hitting form, though it was the same last season, had a blistering october then fizzled.

Dilema's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

17th in boards. Would have been 7th if Zaki/Paintsil played instead of Evra / Adebayor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

31 Points, this seasons going from bad to worse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I'm currently 3rd in mine, should go 2nd tonight with a slim possibility of 1st, and I'm ahead of five players with greater total points than me.

Looks like I underestimated my chances as I've now gone 1st in my head to head with 8 players on greater point totals behind me! Only one of them has the same number of points as me, though in fairness 3rd place has only 2 points less than me and it's a 3 way tie points wise at the top.

Still, I'm enjoying my moment.

To those doubting SWP and Adebayor remember they tend to be feast or famine players. It's 2, 2, 2, then 15. The question is whether you can find a suitable replacement who's going to accrue the same number of points over time. And whether you have too much money tied up in them. I'm eyeing them myself but other changes take priority at the moment.

Man City play Stoke next week though. Choose wisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Adebayor has only scored in 1 in the last 8 premiership games! Think he needs to be changed:rolleyes:

Yep load your team with Stoke players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Bringing Habib back into my side did not end well. 2.gif Styles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

To those doubting SWP and Adebayor remember they tend to be feast or famine players. It's 2, 2, 2, then 15. The question is whether you can find a suitable replacement who's going to accrue the same number of points over time. And whether you have too much money tied up in them. I'm eyeing them myself but other changes take priority at the moment.

I'm leaving SWP alone.

I am considering selling Ade for Carew and using the freed up cash to bring in Lampard for Denilson. I know that if I sell Ade he'll start scoring. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Adebayor has only scored in 1 in the last 8 premiership games! Think he needs to be changed:rolleyes:

Think about it though; he's well overdue. In fact, I might make Given captain next week. He hasn't scored in ages.
    Sherifu wrote: »
    I am considering selling Ade for Carew and using the freed up cash to bring in Lampard for Denilson. I know that if I sell Ade he'll start scoring. :pac:

Definitely do it so.

Currently dreaming up a similar strategy actually, though it's going to take a number of weeks to execute and it might need to be SWP that I transfer out for Frank. Lampard's looking like his old fantasy self though, 16 bonus points so far! Always gets his game too, he could be the player you "need" to win the game.

Who to have?Deco or Lamps?

I am thinking that Deco will get forward more than Lamps when he gets back in the team.When Deco amd Lamps were playing together.Deco was getting a more points than lamps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Deco isn't as attacking as he was a few years ago so I was suprised to see him scoring so many points early in the season. Lampard is a much bigger goal threat imo.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Deco isn't as attacking as he was a few years ago so I was suprised to see him scoring so many points early in the season. Lampard is a much bigger goal threat imo.

I agree - I think Lampard is going to score consistently whereas Deco will be more patchy. I'd go for Lampard.

I have a captain conundrum - Rooney or Ronnie - Rooney clearly looks to be more in form than Ronnie at the mo, but the game at the weekend is against Everton and I think Ronaldo is nearly due a big game at this stage e.g. hat-trick.

In other news I am thinking of selling Defoe and replacing him with Keane next week. Am I mad?

Bought Defoe at 8.2 and he's now at 8.6 so I'd make a profit of .2 by selling him at 8.4. Keane is currently at 8.5 and could even drop to 8.4 as a lot of people have sold him this week.

I think Defoe might be starting to cool off a bit while I can see Keane starting to hit some decent form and beginning to pick up some points as Liverpool have some relatively handy games coming up. He has been playing well for Liverpool without picking up any major amount of points and I can see him continue to get a decent amount of minutes on the pitch. Also if he starts to get some points I could well see his value increase whereas I think it's unlikely Defoe's will go any higher (I know value isnt a major concern but I do think having extra cash makes things easier and gives you options)

Any opinions?

• Advertisement

So many options after Champs league.If Diaby starts the next Arsenal game.I and plays well.I will put him in for Denilson.

Still not sure about Deco/Lamps although leaning toward lamps though.

Traore likely to playing on the wing for most of the season.Also Kranjcar

United game is on at 12 so the team sheets sould be out at 11:15 so ye will know the Everton/Man U team before the deadline.

United game is on at 12 so the team sheets sould be out at 11:15 so ye will know the Everton/Man U team before the deadline.

Well I'd be pretty sure both Rooney and Ronaldo are going to start, but still handy in case Fergie does something bizarre.

Well I'd be pretty sure both Rooney and Ronaldo are going to start, but still handy in case Fergie does something bizarre.

Sorry.It just that there is a suspicion that Ronnie might be rested on Sat although I doubt he will.

Here are my 2 possible teams for the weekend.

Van Der Sar

Laursen Kompany Turner

Lamps Ronaldo W Phillips Denilson

Defoe Zaki Berbatov

or

Cech

Laursen Turner Evra

Lamps Ronaldo Denilson Marney

Rooney Zaki Defoe

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

I've gone for

Myhill

Carragher Boswinga Evra Ferdinand

Lampard Ronaldo(c) Ireland Arteta

Davies Zaki

Schwarzer Delap Aliadiere Olsson

Any views??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Would I be mad to go with Rooney and berba in my team. I already have Rooney, and I need to replace Owen (I have a few bob in the bank to make up the difference). Despite being very average in his last few games, I can't help but notice that Berbatov is still hovering up the points, and I reckon its not too long now that he goes a brace or a hatrick.

Sorry.It just that there is a suspicion that Ronnie might be rested on Sat although I doubt he will.

Here are my 2 possible teams for the weekend.

Van Der Sar

Laursen Kompany Turner

Lamps Ronaldo W Phillips Denilson

Defoe Zaki Berbatov

or

Cech

Laursen Turner Evra

Lamps Ronaldo Denilson Marney

Rooney Zaki Defoe

Thoughts?

Hadnt heard that about Ronnie - Cheers

I'd go for the second

Rooney>Berbatov - Rooney looks really on form and I think he would be likelier to pick up more points than Berba against Everton - Also a chance than Berba could be rested for Tevez but no way will Fergie rest Rooney.
    Evra>Kompany - don't rate the City defence
    Van der Saar>Cech - I think VDS is likelier to get a clean sheet against Everton as opposed to Cech against Pool, but there is a reasonable chance Cech will get a clean sheet as well.
    SWP>Marney - SWP prob get more points but I'd be less confident of him making much of a difference

On balance I'd go for the second.

Would I be mad to go with Rooney and berba in my team. I already have Rooney, and I need to replace Owen (I have a few bob in the bank to make up the difference). Despite being very average in his last few games, I can't help but notice that Berbatov is still hovering up the points, and I reckon its not too long now that he goes a brace or a hatrick.

One problem is I could see Berbatov being swapped around a fair bit with Tevez. I think Ronnie and Rooney are automatically in the team unless they need a rest/injured which means its a case of either Berbatov or Tevez a lot of the time. With Tevez being on loan and reportedly not too happy at the amount of game-time he's been getting of late, I can see him getting more game-time over the next few games. Now Berba has notched a few goals I think Fergie would feel more comfortable "resting" him for a game or two.
    Also with Rooney, Ronaldo, Ferdinad, Vidic et al in the team there is always going to be a battle to pick up the bonus points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Kenyan Jones, could get half an hour this weekend, not a bad second striker at 6.9m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Got Rooney during last weeks action for 8.6 or so. Think hes gone up too 11 now so im happy:D..save a few quid. As for Ronaldo im nt sure. He doesnt seem fit enough to play saturday,tuesday and then this saturday again (or sunday if it is). But i took the risk and used the wild card this week so can keep changing up to friday night(Not a hope of getting outta bed for 11.30:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Soby wrote: »
    Got Rooney during last weeks action for 8.6 or so.
    No ya didn't ya spoofer!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    No ya didn't ya spoofer!

I think he must have meant 10.8 which was the lowest price Rooney has been

So simple on paper...Adebayor or Rooney

Rooney is on fire, but Adebayor is due a good game.

I will already be making 2 subs so Rooney starts at -4 points if chosen...

Hmmmm Valencia suspended so decisions, decisions.

Regarding Rooney/Tevez/Berbatov, Fergie did hint that he wanted to give Tevez a chance with Berbatov. Allthough I doubt it will be this weekend, best to keep it in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Straight swap, Denilson out, Ireland in.

I should've had him in long before now but I already had SWP and Dunne. But Denilson has done bugger all since I got him, and I'm expecting a City win against Stoke.

Also made SWP captain in case Ronaldo is rested. He did look a bit wrecked coming off the other night.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Regarding Rooney/Tevez/Berbatov, Fergie did hint that he wanted to give Tevez a chance with Berbatov. Allthough I doubt it will be this weekend, best to keep it in mind.

Aggghh - When I got Rooney and Ronaldo in my team, I didnt expect to be having to be concerned about whether or not they would get their place in the team:(. Sometime this game does my nut in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have no doubt that Rooney will be rested this week, mainly because I've just bought him :rolleyes:
    Wanted to get him in last week for the injured Torres but didn't want to make any changes more changes than I already had. :rolleyes: x2

I'm due a good week though, so fingers crossed this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Adebayor -> Rooney.

He should start alright, with all this talk of him getting his 100th at Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Nasri in for Arteta for this week as I fully expect United and Arsenal to do the business against Everton and West Ham respectively

• Advertisement
Advertisement