Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Straight swap, Denilson out, Ireland in.

Did the same- looking like song may come in for denilson over the weekend plus he's doing sfa.

Ireland is playing well and though I have SWP and I hate having two midfielders from the same team as a rule my oppoonent in the head to head has three man city players and this will insulate my unbeaten run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

So is there any word on Ronaldo starting? Naturally he's my captain but I may change that to Ireland or Lamps if I hear anything.

Also I've Lampard and Bosingwa in my team as well as Carragher, any predictions!?

I fancy Chelsea so I'm thinking of swapping out Carragher for my sub midfileder, Butt, who's a guaranteed 2 points, gets a bonus occassionally as well, thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

tribulus wrote: »
    I fancy Chelsea so I'm thinking of swapping out Carragher for my sub midfileder, Butt, who's a guaranteed 2 points, gets a bonus occassionally as well, thoughts?

Just a heads up - Butt's out with a foot injury according to SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

besty wrote: »
    Just a heads up - Butt's out with a foot injury according to SSN.

Are you sure, because even though he picked up a knock midweek, Butty declared himself fit to play yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

According to Physioroom Abonglahor is very doubtful for the weekend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Who would you play at the weekend out of these?

Agger v chelsea away
    Paintsil v portsmouth away
    Delap v man city away
    Figueroa v villa at home

I'm leaning to Agger for a pool/chelsea draw or Agger bonus/assist, however Figueroa could have a chance at a cleansheet too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Is A. Cole going to start this weekend for Chelsea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Loco wrote: »
    Who would you play at the weekend out of these?

Agger v chelsea away
    Paintsil v portsmouth away
    Delap v man city away
    Figueroa v villa at home

I'm leaning to Agger for a pool/chelsea draw or Agger bonus/assist, however Figueroa could have a chance at a cleansheet too

I reckon Liverpool, Fulham and Stoke will all struggle at the weekend in their games so I'd go with Figueroa.

I'm a bit concerned about Agbonlahor's injury. I reckon he might have a chance of playing as the Villa website says he will be looked at before the game.

Then again I don't want to start him and find out he only played the last 15 minutes. What to do...

I'm a bit concerned about Agbonlahor's injury. I reckon he might have a chance of playing as the Villa website says he will be looked at before the game.

Then again I don't want to start him and find out he only played the last 15 minutes. What to do...

Exactly the same situation im in. And I know if I take him out he'll bag a brace...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

I reckon Liverpool, Fulham and Stoke will all struggle at the weekend in their games so I'd go with Figueroa.

If he is fit I'd say he'll start and if not I dont think he'll be risked at all.

I'd leave him in your team and make sure you have the right sub selected to come in if he misses the game

• Advertisement

wardie wrote: »
    If he is fit I'd say he'll start and if not I dont think he'll be risked at all.

I'd leave him in your team and make sure you have the right sub selected to come in if he misses the game

Yeah I think I'll take a chance on him starting. He scored against Wigan in the fixture last season so I reckon it's worth it.

Who to captain?

Ronaldo,Rooney, w phillips,Lamps or Defoe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Who to captain?

When someone is in the form Rooney's in, stick with him I'd suggest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Who to captain?

Well I have Ronaldo, Rooney, Lampard and Defoe in my team and I havent even been considering anyone apart from Ronaldo or Rooney.

With Chelsea playing Liverpool I don't think it makes sense to have Lampard as captain - I serously doubt there are going to be a bagful of goals in this game for Chelsea =>less chance of Lampard picking up points - also he will not only be competing against the other Chelsea players for bonus points but the Liverpool players as well which makes it that much harder.

Defoe - I think he might have lost a bit of form and he also played the full 90mins in Portsmouth's tough UEFA Cup game.

SWP - Too inconsistent in form to consider for captain for me

For me its between Ronnie and Rooney - Given the form that Rooney has been in I'm leaning towards him - just waiting to make sure he is on the team.
    Game is at 12:00 so team should be known before the 11:30 deadline ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Teams from the Beeb webasite

1115: TEAMS Everton v Man Utd
    Everton: Howard, Neville, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Arteta, Fellaini, Osman, Pienaar, Saha, Yakubu. Subs: Nash, Baines, Castillo, Vaughan, Nuno Valente, Rodwell, Anichebe.
    Man Utd: Van der Sar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Berbatov, Rooney. Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Anderson, Nani, O'Shea, Evans, Tevez.

Might be useful to someone to make subs/change captains etc

I've gone with Rooney as captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Who to captain?

How much is your team worth? Mines 105.3 and I cant afford all of them?

Everton v United teams released before the deadline, Ronaldo reverted back to captain. Hope it doesn't backfire!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Everton v United teams released before the deadline, Ronaldo reverted back to captain. Hope it doesn't backfire!

Didn't realise it was on so early. Could have done that. All this talk have him being rested put me off.

Took a risk on Defoe as captain, :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rooney as captain has done well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Rooney as captain has done well :rolleyes:

JPA wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was on so early. Could have done that. All this talk have him being rested put me off.

Took a risk on Defoe as captain, :o

Wish I'd missed it as well! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Giovanni and Marney are my first two subs- if they keep this up I might have to drop Ronaldo for Giovanni :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Marney and Turner outscored Rooney(c) and Ronaldo. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Alright. Despite leaving Richardson on the bench I'm having an okay start to the week. Geovanni scores and McShane keeps a clean sheet. Only problem is Ronaldo not picking up many points. And my Head to Head opponent has Wright Phillips as captain.

If Mido doesn't play Richardson should come on though. Does anyone know if he's on the bench today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

picking rooney as captain didnt work at all

king is my first sub, hopefully he'll come in.. ****e start though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Adebayor will get a hatrick now that I replaced him with Rooney. Who I made captain :rolleyes:

And thanks to a completely inept second half display from United, thats 6 points from 3 players. Another great week ahead...

A quiet day for me. Only four points but nine players still to go. I made Defoe my captain so I'm hoping he does the business tomorrow.

O points so far.

11 to play tomo though. With widely picked United players performing poorly hopefully I can gain a few places...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

2 points so far, Ronaldo, thankfully I did not put him as captain, could not sleep last night wondering if I had made the right move :eek: think I'm taking this fantasy football thing a bit too seriously :P

Zaki to be injured and Chelsea now to score would make my night omplete.OI need to win my head to head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Damn Ashley Cole for playing. Giovanni is my first sub.

Denlson isnt eve on th bench for Arsenal which menas Marney come in!:)

Yes Agbonlahor just scored! I'm so glad I decided to gamble on him starting. :)

Edit: And he's just provided an assist. I love you Gaby!

Yes Agbonlahor just scored! I'm so glad I decided to gamble on him starting. :)

And an assist. Maybe 2 if winning a pen counts.

Lol I'll be lucky to hit 30 this week.

Am at 43 with just Defoe left to play.

I'm currently on 36 at the minute. I still have my captain Defoe to come so I'm hoping he can have a good game. I just hope the Redknapp business doesn't f*ck up his form.

That deflected Liverpool goal has cost me 8 points and I can't believe Ireland hasn't got a ton of points as he should have scored and could have had at least one assist if City had finished better. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Everyone has Ireland so it doesn't really matter. Did Johnson start for Pompey? I don't want Mcann coming on as a sub as the baldy fecker got sent off.

Johnson didn't even make the bench for Pompey for some reason.
    BBC wrote:
    It's all go isn't it? Team news from a managerless Fratton Park... Lassana Diarra returns to the Portsmouth team but Glen Johnson, Glen Little and Niko Kranjcar are all missing.

*stupid question coming*

If a player keeps a clean sheet for 60 mins,can the points be taken away if they concede?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

yes

*stupid question coming*

If a player keeps a clean sheet for 60 mins,can the points be taken away if they concede?

Not if they were substituted before hand though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Surprisingly good week for me. Will have 53 points when Geovanni is subbed in for Glen Johnson. Hope I get some bonus points :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No bonus for Gio this week. Just re-checked and I have Pantsil for Fulham coming in so c'mon a clean sheet. I'll be lucky to get 40+ this week

When will the bonus points be released?

Up to 44 points after a Defoe assist. Come on Jermain and bag me a goal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dropped Adebayor, and as predicted, he goes and has a great game. And Carlton Cole gets sent off.

Most infuriating game I have ever played.

And what's worse, is that I lost my head to head to a guy that just picked a random team week 1 and never looked at it again.

50 points in total. Well pleased with that. :cool:

I'd set myself a target of 49 and was convinced I was a long way short of it but Agbonlahor was a real hero for me. Fifteen points from him alone due to his goal, two assists and max bonus points. Picking Defoe as captain wasn't a bad move either.

Planning ahead, I've been looking over Newcastle's upcoming fixtures and they look quite reasonable. I've been thinking of bringing in Duff for Valencia. Am I mad?

67 points.
    Ade as captain and Agbonlahor was nice. Cant believe green only got me two points though, thought he made alot more than two saves...

• Advertisement

Lol a miserable 28 points. Gavin McCann comes in as an automatic sub and C. Cole also gets sent.

An honourable mention to those United donkeys Ronny and Rooney who got me feck all.

Advertisement