Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

37 points...

SWP, Geovanni and Defoe were my only saving graces....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ok, so I didn't see the Portsmouth match but Defoe seemed to be the stand out player and no bonus points. BS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

LMAO! I think you got the wrong Traore! I know Djimi is a legend and all that, but this is ridic!

dd2qh3.jpg

So thats two more boni to Aramand once they realise the errors of their ways. Which will put me at 52 for the week. Not great but a lot would have struggled this week I guees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Juan Pablo wrote: »

So thats two more boni to Aramand once they realise the errors of their ways. Which will put me at 52 for the week. Not great but a lot would have struggled this week I guees.

Haha magic, that'll give me 69 (hey hey) when they accredit those to Armand.

^^^ That's a good one. :D

2 extra points for me once they realise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

52 Points happy enough with that.

Don't forget a full premiership schedule midweek, deadline Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Alright, 27th in the Boards league. My highest position so far. Hopefully I can break into the top 20. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Arteta and C. Cole out, Robinho and Geremi in.

Rooney, Ronaldo and Robinho to fire me to glory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

63, wahey! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

60 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Sherifu wrote: »
    60 points.

Snap!

Despite having a pretty good gameweek I've moved down in my work league. Up in boards and another league though and still top of my head to head - by a goal difference of one. Only two of us on 21 points now though so I suppose the field is narrowing but there are 5 players behind us on 18 points and it's still anyone's really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Arteta and C. Cole out, Robinho and Geremi in.

Rooney, Ronaldo and Robinho to fire me to glory.

Word of warning Xavi, I would be wary of Geremi getting the start now that Barton and Spiderman are back in the fold.

Feckin rank week for me. 32 pts total, with Rooney and Berba doing sweet FA. To compund things, I transferred Carew out, and had Bentley on the bench. :mad:

I'm thinking I might go on a little points splurge and get my team setup the way I want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

57 for my regular team and 81 ;) for my SSF team. If not for Green going walkabout in injury time I'd of jumped up in a lot of leagues but Adebayor came to the rescue for quite a few this weekend.

The charity team is outscoring my regular team every bloody week!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Nothing on fire but solid. This five defenders is working a treat.

Still undefeated in my head to head on 27 points and the nearest rival is 21 so I've quite a cushion there already. back up to 7th in Boards.

Hey did anyone notice that the scores of the leagues and the actual gameweek scores are not matching.

For example this individual in my league scored 56 points but has been credited with 62

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/eventhist.mc?id=270552

In addition this league my team Kerry has not been updated to take account of the bonus points

Here:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=265437

and here:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/table.mc?id=37912

I've emailed the contact in fantasy football but this is very disappointing.

EDIT:

I see they are re-calculating the tables. Well that's a pretty decent response time. Fair play.

Wright-Phillips has had his assist taken away from him too. Doesn't affect me too much but just robs me of that nice round 60 feeling.

They don't appear to be recalculating the Head to Heads. Yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I didnt get to see the goals from last night but whats the reason behind swps assist taken away?? He was my captain and the only bit of good I had from this week.

27 points now :( this year is a severe contrast to the dizzy heights of last year being 6th in the world from gamesweek 3 people.

Carlton bloody Cole out now aswell....

I see that Denilson s going to go down in value tonight.He is only worth 6.4 to me as I got him early.

He s worth 6.6 m.Will his drop cause my 6.4m to drop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

depends whether you got him for 6.2 or 6.3 - selling price will decrease if you got him for 6.2

pwd wrote: »
    depends whether you got him for 6.2 or 6.3 - selling price will decrease if you got him for 6.2

I think I will get rid of him.I wish Diaby played more:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

pwd wrote: »

I dont really get the whole selling thing? Can someone fill me in on this?!

I think Robinho is going to go on a bit of a run its just a sneaky feeling I habe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Past few weeks have been pretty average really need to start making some headway. So this week I have brought in Deco for Denilson with some money I have been accumulating over the past few weeks. I think he might have a big week next week, and Chelsea have a few nice fixtures coming there way.

Not sure if I should get rid of Adebayor next week and bring in Agbonlahor or Carew and use the extra cash to strenghting my defense or mid field which are both a bit weak at the moment.

Team for tomorrow

Cech

A.Traore Turner Laursen

Delap Ronaldo Ireland Lampard

Zaki Defoe Rooney

What do you guys think?

Have Marney,Zayette and Figueroa on the bench.

Team for tomorrow

Cech

A.Traore Turner Laursen

Delap Ronaldo Ireland Lampard

Zaki Defoe Rooney

What do you guys think?

Have Marney,Zayette and Figueroa on the bench.

Portsmouth playing Liverpool and Hull facing Chelsea, better to have Figueroa in the team as Wigan have a decent chance against Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Disaster of a weekend for me, only had 34 points mainly due to the blunder of making jo captain, I knew man city would hammer stoke.

I dropped fellaini as I couldn't see Everton scoring and I also dropped corluka for the first time too, and i had the wrong sunderland sub keeper deputising for craig gordon.

I transferred agbonlahor for carew last week which cost me another five pointsm, down to 26th on boards now.

My team now.

Gordon / Myhill

Rio Ferdinand
    Kompany
    Vidic
    Bosingwa

Fabregas
    Arteta
    Fellaini
    Young

Carew
    Zaki

Jo
    Corluka
    Gera

I HAD 52, my head to head opponent had 47.

Enter SWP deduction of an assist and Traoure getting two bonus points and I've lost my first head to head by one point.

However they do not seem to have updated the head to heads yet and I'm still credited with the win.

Gameweek 10 starts at 19.30 tonight- if they haven't updated it by then I wonder what happens.

Your opponent in the head to head made 3 transfers for the last gameweek. 8 points were deducted from his total score. I think everything's been updated on the site correctly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Im getting absolutely screwd with my bench scoring. Had 20 points on the bench last week and with Zayette again this week! so frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

28 points. shocking.

transfered adebayor(11pts) out, for rooney(1pt) :-(

team for next gw -

cech
    agger evra boswinga figueroa
    ronaldo fabregas ireland
    davies zaki rooney

bench: schwarzer / delap / paintsil / marney

would you make any changes? not confident of rooney now with his rubbish display at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Loco wrote: »
    28 points. shocking.

transfered adebayor(11pts) out, for rooney(1pt) :-(

team for next gw -

cech
    agger evra boswinga figueroa
    ronaldo fabregas ireland
    davies zaki rooney

bench: schwarzer / delap / paintsil / marney

would you make any changes? not confident of rooney now with his rubbish display at the weekend.
    Delap for Figueroa? Sunderland could struggle away to Stoke with Delaps long throws....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Fabregas is starting to give me ball ache. Gona give him one match and swap him out maybe for Barry.

Richardson and Delap are ahead of him on points and are quite a few millions cheaper. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was on 69.
    Lost SWP Assist and Gained Traore's Bonus.
    Now on 66... :confused:

Anyway made a few changes this week.
    Denilson and Fuller out
    Carew and De Ridder in

So team is now:

Green

Kompany
    Bosingwa
    Traore

Fabregas
    Deco
    SWP
    A. Young

Adebayor
    Agbonlahor
    Carew

I know kind of a big reliance on Villa up front but think they're gonna do very well this year. Happiest I've been with my team so far this year. Will probably ditch Kompany next week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I spent hours last week checking form, injuries etc and made the correct decision that Rooney (on form, scoring goals, playing off-form team) would be an ideal replacement for Adebayor. And of course that cost me a ton of points.

So feck that, I said and just brought in Lampard for SWP and Robinho for Rooney. If it works, it works :P

So my team is currently,

1 Van Der Sar
    2 A. Traore
    3 Bosingwa
    4 Agger
    5 Meite (maybe Delap)
    6 Ronaldo (c)
    7 Ireland
    8 Lampard
    9 Arteta
    10 Robinho
    11 Zaki

Wondering about Delap v Meite and Ronaldo as Captain. I fancy United to keep a clean sheet so VDS may not be a bad choice as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wondering about Delap v Meite and Ronaldo as Captain. I fancy United to keep a clean sheet so VDS may not be a bad choice as captain.

I don't think it makes sense to captain VDS.
    Lets say he keeps a clean sheet you're looking at 12pts cause lets face it, it's not like West Ham are going to be peppering the UTD goal... If you're looking for 12pts max from your captain then it might not be a bad move but I like to take a risk(calculated) on the captain in order to reap the rewards.
    The likes of Robinho, Ronaldo, Lampard & Zaki must be better value for captain than VDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

SickBoy wrote: »
    I don't think it makes sense to captain VDS.
    Lets say he keeps a clean sheet you're looking at 12pts cause lets face it, it's not like West Ham are going to be peppering the UTD goal... If you're looking for 12pts max from your captain then it might not be a bad move but I like to take a risk(calculated) on the captain in order to reap the rewards.
    The likes of Robinho, Ronaldo, Lampard & Zaki must be better value for captain than VDS.

Would agree strongly. Ideally you're hoping to have someone like Ronaldo/Robinho as captain who scores a hat-trick - with this you would potentially be looking for 30 points plus. Also even if Ronaldo does absolutely nothing and assuming Utd keep a clean sheet he going to get you six points. While not very impressive - this is the worst case scenario and there is always the possibility/likelihood of Ronaldo scoring much higher.

• Advertisement

Ronaldo was poor on Saturday- I cannot rememeber an occasion when he was poor two games in a row.

Plus with the dropped points Utd have to win this game- he'll start. Rooney might be rested though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Goods points about VDS as captain guys. I'm just reeling from my captains doing pretty poor recently :rolleyes:

So Ronaldo, Lampard or Robinho as captain?

SetantaL wrote: »
    Ronaldo was poor on Saturday- I cannot rememeber an occasion when he was poor two games in a row.

Plus with the dropped points Utd have to win this game- he'll start. Rooney might be rested though.

I would be surprised if Rooney was rested given how early he was subbed on Sat and with Fergie saying the reason he subbed him was that he was afraid he would be sent off and his form prior to Saturday's game.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Wright-Phillips has had his assist taken away from him too. Doesn't affect me too much but just robs me of that nice round 60 feeling.

They don't appear to be recalculating the Head to Heads. Yet.
    God damn it. Captained him so worth 6 points to me. Stupid ****ers running the thing don't know what they're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I had an abysmal 37 points this week.

Two quick questions (well before 7:30 :pac:);

Who to pick as captain - Ronaldo, Zaki, Ireland, Lampard, Carew?
    And sub out Turner? If so for Nosworthy or Butt?

• Advertisement

tribulus wrote: »
    I had an abysmal 37 points this week.

Two quick questions (well before 7:30 :pac:);

Who to pick as captain - Ronaldo, Zaki, Ireland, Lampard, Carew?
    And sub out Turner? If so for Nosworthy or Butt?

I think Barton is due to be starting for Newcastle tonight and I know that Butt had to get an injection during the game at the weekend so I'd be surprised if he played - might want to do some research

According to the BBC website - Barton will be replacing Butt who is injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Had a good week - Robinho as captain helped my cause

In two minds about this Gameweek - im on the verge of transferring Ronaldo out to be able to bring Lampard in and also free up funds to make a 2nd sub and bring in Agger in for Meite

That would leave me with:

Hart
    Boswinga; Evra; Rio; Agger
    SWP - Fabergas - Lampard (c)
    Zaki - Robinho - Zamora

Subs: Pantsil, Noble, O'Brien

Another good week and hopefully ill overtake the leader in my league :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Considering dropping Ronaldo for Lampard myself for this gameweek. Decisions decisons! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Fabregas for Lampard,
    Rooney for Robinho?

My team would then be

Cech
    Boswinga Evra Figeuroa Agger Paintsil
    Delap Marney Ronaldo Lampard Ireland
    Zaki Robinho Davies

with 1.1mill to spare.

Any thoughts? Abismal week of 28 points, is it worth taking a 4 point hit for this or will i upgrade defense a little?

A Traore, or Turner before a price rise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The heart says Robinho as captain, the head says we're gonna lose 1-0 and he'll be shite.

Robinho as captain it is *sigh*

I'm gonna leave my team alone at this stage, i've already used my sub for this week so i'll leave Lampard till next week.
    I think maybe Hull will keep him quiet, maybe I give them too much credit. We'll see.

Think i'll go with:

Carson
    Bosingwa----Laursen----Carragher----Turner----Figueroa
    Ireland
    Wright-Phillips
    ----Adebayor (C)
    Defoe
    Zaki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Loco wrote: »
    A Traore, or Turner before a price rise?

Turner went up last night already. Traore may go up this evening but still a bit away from whats needed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Im thinkin of taken defoe out and puttin in Agbonlhor - not sure if it's the way to go...maybe just my gereral frustration with the whole thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Whats the story with Denilson? Didnt even make the bench on sunday. Is he injured or what? Hasnt been getting me much points recently so will probably change him if he doesnt get me at least 2 points tomorrow.

wardie wrote: »
    Turner went up last night already. Traore may go up this evening but still a bit away from whats needed
    I got him at 4.6 about two weeks ago. He's at 4.9 already.
    Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Whats the story with Denilson? Didnt even make the bench on sunday. Is he injured or what? Hasnt been getting me much points recently so will probably change him if he doesnt get me at least 2 points tomorrow.
    "Denilson will return to the Arsenal squad after a back injury for Wednesday's north London derby at home to Tottenham"

Might stick him in myself now, glad you asked :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement