Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Sherifu wrote: »
    "Denilson will return to the Arsenal squad after a back injury for Wednesday's north London derby at home to Tottenham"

Might stick him in myself now, glad you asked :)

Making the squad doesn't get you any points in fantasy football ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm taking a bit of a gamble and sticking Defoe on the bench. I just don't see Pompey getting much joy up at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

My God I spent so much time deliberating over my team today and Ive made changes, 8 points worth of changes so it could make or break me! :)

Out - Wright-Phillips, Rooney :( , Denilson.
    In - Lampard, Berbatov, Geovanni

So the team for this gameweek is:

Reina
    Kompany Young Clichy
    Ireland Delap Lampard(C) Ronaldo
    Berbatov Carew Zaki

Subs: Schwarzer, Figueroa, Melchiot, Geovanni

Kills me taking Rooney out but I just cant afford him if I want to have Lampard and Ronaldo in the same team. I think Chelsea are going to bring Hull down to earth with a bang tomorrow and I expect to see him get a couple of goals hence my decision to make him captain this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Anyone think that Ronaldo will be rested or is it a given he will start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Ronaldo, Lampard or Zaki for Captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

tribulus wrote: »
    Ronaldo, Lampard or Zaki for Captain?

I think I'm going to go for Ronaldo my only worry is that he will be rested. My other options are Lampard or Carew.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

================Van Der Sar===============

Bosingwa============Agger==========Figuerora

Delap===Ronaldo (c)===Ireland===Lampard===Arteta

=============Robinho=======Zaki===========

Subbed A. Traore out for Delap as I don't think Pompey will keep a clean sheet against Liverpool. Delap might be good for a few bonus points versus Sunderland. Arteta is at the last chance saloon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Have 3 chelsea players on my team now, Cech, Bosingwa and Deco so I really need them to hammer Hull. I also think Deco might have a big week so mad him my captain over Ronaldo and Adebayor. It might turn out to be a bold move or one that will bit me in my ass. I wait to see anxiously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Arteta is at the last chance saloon.
    Same as, even though I think i'll dump him anyway. Need to free up the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Nice little tally from the Toon with; Beye (7), Oba (6), and Spidey (2) netting me 15 pts. Would have been nice if they kept the clean sheet, but then thats Newcastle.

The mad bonus scoring is continuing tough, with Greening getting the 3. How the fcuk do they justify that!? There were about 5 Newcastle players who all could have staked a claim for the 3. I honestly didn't know Greening played tonight he was that anonymous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The mad bonus scoring is continuing tough, with Greening getting the 3. How the fcuk do they justify that!? There were about 5 Newcastle players who all could have staked a claim for the 3. I honestly didn't know Greening played tonight he was that anonymous.

They really are crazy this season, there's no predicting them. No Everton players got points at the weekend despite a very good second half performance, and Ronaldo managed to get 1 bonus despite being very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Wouldn't consider dropping arteta personally. He's got at least 5 points every game bar one when not facing a top-4 side. I have subs which I use for players facing big teams anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

pwd wrote: »
    Wouldn't consider dropping arteta personally. He's got at least 5 points every game bar one when not facing a top-4 side. I have subs which I use for players facing big teams anyway.

Yeah.. as far as I know, he is the third highest midfielder points scorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

damn.. I forgot about the monday game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

cech

richards l.young figuero emerton

anderson fabregas ronaldo(c)

robinho defoe berbatov

had robinho as captain last week:), but changing to ronaldo. have my doubts about berbatov, can see him gettin dropped tonite. when is fabregas going hit form?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

pwd wrote: »
    But that's the problem, and it's something I'm guilty of myself, people tend to drop a player if they have 2 bad games. But if you look at the Dream Team so far this season which is....

Carson
    Turner
    Carragher
    Bosingwa
    Lampard
    Ireland
    Arteta
    Wright-Phillips
    Defoe
    Adebayor
    Zaki

...you'd be on a points total of 551 which doesn't include any extra points for the captain each week. And when you consider that the overall winner is on 567 pts. you'd be way out ahead if you stuck with the same team. I know it's easier said than done.

I think the key to it each year is to try to stick to a core team that most importantly gets their game each week and to try to get the form players in every now and then without going mental.

Now if only I could take my own advice.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why did everyone sell Defoe last night?
    He's top of the strikers table but he is decreasing in value for some bizarre reason? Is he injured or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

He's top of the strikers table but he is decreasing in value for some bizarre reason? Is he injured or something?

Looks like people would rather sell him and bring in a replacement instead of sticking him on the subs bench..
    I have him on the bench for tonight.

Because of 'Arry, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

SickBoy wrote: »
    Looks like people would rather sell him and bring in a replacement instead of sticking him on the subs bench..

+1

I hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the ass as I did the same thing with Zaki a couple of weeks ago and It killed me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Right i have enough money for 2 of the following midfielders:

Arteta,J Cole,Deco,SWP

Which 2 would you choose - i dont want Deco and Cole together for obv reasons

I am leaning towards Arteta and Cole at least for the next couple of weeks. Any recommendations?

Warper wrote: »
    Right i have enough money for 2 of the following midfielders:

Arteta,J Cole,Deco,SWP

Which 2 would you choose - i dont want Deco and Cole together for obv reasons

I am leaning towards Arteta and Cole at least for the next couple of weeks. Any recommendations?
    Deco is still a bit of a risk but i'd go for him and SWP probably. (I have SWP and Arteta(thinking of selling) and I had Deco before he was injured)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bollix, forgot about this......... Damn mid-week games!!! :mad:

Lot's of people with Rooney as captain are going to miss out on points.

SickBoy wrote: »

Looks like Adams also stuck him on the subs bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

tribulus wrote: »
    Lot's of people with Rooney as captain are going to miss out on points.
    Glad I subbed him out now! :)

Close to making Wazza capt. thank god I lumped it on Berba. I would imagine Rooney will probably sill get a 15-20 min run out. Hopefully when West Ham have capitulated, and Utd. are in scoring mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Defoe and Agger benched. :mad:

Carew still benched as well. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Lampard scored already, don't have him but have Myhill in goals as Gordon is still out:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So much for my idea of taking Ronaldo out and putting in Gerrard and Torres.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Oh ye gods, why do they make me so?!
    Rooney on the feckin bench! :rolleyes: I have him as captain

The gods have finally taken a shine to my team with Ronaldo (c) and Lampard both scoring

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    So much for my idea of taking Ronaldo out and putting in Gerrard and Torres.:pac:

Ronaldo scores.

*blows my brains out*

Figuratively speaking of course.:pac:

Ronaldo scores.

*blows my brains out*

Figuratively speaking of course.:pac:

Make that Ronaldo x 2

I reeaally should have left him as captain.

Make that Ronaldo x 2

I feel physically sick right now, I should have held my fire until after West Hame at home.:pac: But at least all my defenders are looking good right now.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Just a quick one regarding my players values, some have decreased throughout but none have gone up :confused:
    I bought ireland when he was 6.0 now at 6.4 but mine still shows 6.o
    zaki 6.8 is now 7.1 but mine still 6.8

Anyone explain this?

So far so bad, Ade my captain is running around like a headless chicken :(

Keith C wrote: »
    Just a quick one regarding my players values, some have decreased throughout but none have gone up :confused:
    I bought ireland when he was 6.0 now at 6.4 but mine still shows 6.o
    zaki 6.8 is now 7.1 but mine still 6.8

Anyone explain this?

Go into the data view tab in the transfer window and look under the "S" column. Are the values correct there?

• Advertisement

Ade scores, I take it all back :D

And now an assist :D

At least Stevie got one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

My best week so far. 62 points with bonus points still to be added. Should be hitting 70 at least with Ronaldo as my captain.

Too many players with crap totals again this week though. 6 of the 11 getting 2 or less.

At least Stevie got one.

It actually ended up quite well! 54 points plus Wheater to come in for Torres (clean sheet + assist) so that's another 9 points. Ending up with 63!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭KeithMur

Let's hope they do right bonus points. Had Duff last night MOTD but no bonus points!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm on 55 so far, and because VDS and Agger didn't play, Swarcher (6) and A. Traore (6) will bring me up to 67. Ronaldo (C) and Lampard should be good for bonus points so looking at mid-to-late 70's for the week.

Back on track. Kinda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

70 pts with bonuses still to be given. Ronaldo (capt), Lampard, and Luke Young all contributing. Should see me move into the top 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

76 for me with Ron as capt. He should get some bonus points along with VP.

Bloody bolton conceding in the last min cost me 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Refusing to put Ronaldo in..........

Refusing to put Ronaldo in..........
    You're not alone. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement