Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Picking Ronaldo and putting him as captain might as well be considering cheating in my opinion. It completely removes a massive degree of the challenge that is present in the game. Sure you might as well remove the limit on the max number of player per club and reduce the cost of every player by 20% so you can get away with picking just first choice United, Arsenal, Chelsea and United players..

His value should have been increased to closer to 20 million so that you could only pick promoted players in every other position.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I haven't learned from last time - Lampard or Ronaldo as captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Geremi out, Fletcher in. He's been playing well lately and I'm hoping for a United clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Picking Ronaldo and putting him as captain might as well be considering cheating in my opinion. It completely removes a massive degree of the challenge that is present in the game. Sure you might as well remove the limit on the max number of player per club and reduce the cost of every player by 20% so you can get away with picking just first choice United, Arsenal, Chelsea and United players..

His value should have been increased to closer to 20 million so that you could only pick promoted players in every other position.

He's right though. Also Man United should only half the points for every game Ronaldo plays in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

He's a player like any other in the game.... If you pick him you have to make sacrifices in other places.

Personally, I do view picking Ronaldo as 'cheating' :D and it does take some fun out of the game.

I did pretty well for the past 2 years without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Apologies about the rant, was looking at my housemates team where he picked any 9 random players, Lampard and Ronaldo as captain and got 75 odd points :)

Tis obviously part of the game though so..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Apologies about the rant, was looking at my housemates team where he picked any 9 random players, Lampard and Ronaldo as captain and got 75 odd points :)

Tis obviously part of the game though so..

Wait unil Ronaldo has a bad week and we'll see their scores. Most teams, like last year, are beginning to take on the same look as each other.

Last year, Ronaldo was rediculously underpriced, but at 14 million this year, it does give a few more headaches when buying other players. He'll be close to 15 by the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Have just transferred in Lampard and Adebayor to play alongside Ronaldo and Berbatov, still have a fairly decent looking side and my subs all play regularly

Will Alex start for Chelsea now that Carvalho is injured?

What about forward partnerships, who would you pick? Rooney and van Persie or Adebayor and Berbatov? Or just save a few quid and buy Torres?

Defo Ade and Berb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

How do you uplaod the pics of your team?

Tried saving as an image and can't figure out how to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Given the next 5 games...Van Persie or Robinho? I have Robinho at the moment, but I'll have to make a second substitute to raise the 0.1 i need. That would be Fueller in for C.Cole.

SetantaL wrote: »

You need to host it somewhere like photobucket.

Given the next 5 games...Van Persie or Robinho? I have Robinho at the moment, but I'll have to make a second substitute to raise the 0.1 i need. That would be Fueller in for C.Cole

Have you looked at arsenal's fixtures- not nice reading. I'd leave it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

SetantaL wrote: »

Hit the Print Screen button on your keyboard which will take a screenshot of your monitor. Open up an image app like paint and paste the resuts in there. Save the file and upload.

You'll have to upload it to a host if you want to embed. If you just want to attach save it as a jpeg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

So who is Conor White AKA 'the Lobotrons'? Top of the Boards League and incredibly 1st in the entire thing with a MASSIVE 649 points... take a bow son :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Pompey will go back to 4-4-2 at home to Wigan tomorow won't they?

Decided to put Defoe as captain as I can see a hat trick coming his way tomorrow:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've looked at my team for the first time since setting it up - I'm 494th in the Boards league!! :D:D:D 'Tis about as far up as I'd ever get.

I'm also 13th out of 20 in some random Head to Head league.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

roryc wrote: »
    So who is Conor White AKA 'the Lobotrons'? Top of the Boards League and incredibly 1st in the entire thing with a MASSIVE 649 points... take a bow son :)

I know the guy he lives and breaths fantasy football and will never let you forget that hes first i think he practices in the mirror what he say to us in the pub with such quotes as "im amazing" and "1st in the world ,women love my big c0ck" etc etc the guy literally has no life other than this but thats what it takes i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

james123 wrote: »
    I know the guy he lives and breaths fantasy football and will never let you forget that hes first i think he practices in the mirror what he say to us in the pub with such quotes as "im amazing" and "1st in the world ,women love my big c0ck" etc etc the guy literally has no life other than this but thats what it takes i suppose

I hope that's true :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

its very true and hes not even a member of boards tut tut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I see what you mean, he has a 'catch Conor' league :)

Anyway, still plenty of time for a spectacular meltdown!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Got rid of Ronaldo last week - :mad:

Had decided on a strong defence for the next few weeks but now already thinking about how to get him back....

Team for this wk:

Hart

Agger---Boswinga---Evra---Ferdinand

SWP----Fabergas---Lampard (c)---Alonso

Zaki
    Robinho

Subs: Zamora; Pantsil; O'Brien

Lord, how Im hoping Ronaldo has a stinker this week - against Hull though, its very unlikely :(

its very true and hes not even a member of boards tut tut

I guessed that by the way he gate crashed the boards league a few weeks ago. One of you fools told him about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

roryc wrote: »
    I see what you mean, he has a 'catch Conor' league :)
    That is funny though. :D

BaZmO* wrote: »
    That is funny though. :D

Had me laughing too :)

I guessed that by the way he gate crashed the boards league a few weeks ago. One of you fools told him about it!

I was bitching about that at the time. I was in 2nd and got turfed down to third.

I'm 11th now but I'll gettim goddamit! :D

Still though, 1st in the world is impressive. He's like Ronaldo- a cocky tool but can back it up so..........

Ya, but if he's not a boards user what's he doing in the boards league except showing off. Makes little difference to me anyway, being well down the order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

my head is melted this week trying to organise my team, after havin 2 good weeks with robinho as captain then switching captaincy to ronaldo last week and moving up 10 places in a league wit me mates, the pressures on to maintain the form. my team at the moment is

...................cech................

richards......... l young .......... emerton

fabregas.....ronaldo(c).....anderson.....mccann

defoe.........robinho..........berbatov

subs: schwarzer, figueroa, marney, painstil

have 0.4 mil in the bank

any ideas for me, scared to sell cesc even though hes doin nothing this yr for fear he scores this week!

my head is melted this week trying to organise my team, after havin 2 good weeks with robinho as captain then switching captaincy to ronaldo last week and moving up 10 places in a league wit me mates, the pressures on to maintain the form. my team at the moment is

have 0.4 mil in the bank

any ideas for me, scared to sell cesc even though hes doin nothing this yr for fear he scores this week!

Take 4 point hit.Get rid of Fab and get Lamps,Robinho to Carew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

have 0.4 mil in the bank

Get rid of Anderson too, a perfect example of a good player who will never do well in FF

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

Take 4 point hit.Get rid of Fab and get Lamps,Robinho to Carew.

i was jus lookin at that, lamps seems to be a magnet for bonus points!

why do ya think carew?

is berba utds main striker now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Gona give Fabregas one more chance, purely because the Arse are playing Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Boggles wrote: »
    Gona give Fabregas one more chance, purely because the Arse are playing Stoke.

It was very hard but I got rid of him a couple of weeks ago, he will certainly continue to get assists and bonus points but he is not getting in goal scoring positions like the last two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

also sold Fab this weekend for Lampard
    Brought in Belletti for Carvalho as I needed a mil to get Lamps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Needed to make some changes as I have been crucified for the last two weeks.

Kirkland

---Beye--Bosingwa--G.Neville---

Gutierez--Ireland--Fabregas--Young

--Adebayor-Rooney-Berbatov--

I will be brig Torres back in for Ade and Owen for Berba (next week). Really need Fabregas to start doing something, and Ashley Young has been a little too quiet as of late. Still. I can't really afford to get rid of them, as I am playing catchup, and the only players I can replace them with are players my opponents already have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Disaster; on Wednesday night I gave Torres the captaincy and totally forgot to change it.:pac:

Carson

---Bosingwa--Carragher--Laursen--

-SWP--Ireland--Denilson--Lampard-

----Adebayor----Defoe----Zaki----

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

wildcard played after a couple of shocking weeks

come on lads!!! put a ****** boot in!!!

I hate this game.....you keep the bastid in for three games and is underwhelming. You take him out and he starts banging them in. Bloody winker.

Winker as captain :D

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Winker as captain :D

Anyone who has him in their team are sure to have him as Captain anyway.:p

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Anyone who has him in their team are sure to have him as Captain anyway.:p

Oh I know, but imagine not having him the team at all...... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

I have Ronaldo...........
    but made Van Persie captain.:mad:

hughes2558 wrote: »
    I have Ronaldo...........
    but made Van Persie captain.:mad:
    Lol. I thought everyone that had him made him catain. Didn't you read the user manual? :pac:

Don't need to imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I have him and have Lampard as my captain and it was Adebayor for the last 2 games

Alex is having a stormer!

You're a cruel mofo Xavi!:mad::pac:

Alex is having a stormer!

I was going to put him in. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Bah!!! That decision just cost me 7 pts!!! Would have been Berba's 3rd assist in the game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement