Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My predictions for this weekend's fixtures were all wrong apart from the Liverpool game so I suppose I should be fairly content with 24 points from 6 players.

I'll achieve a respectable enough score as long as Chelsea keep a clean sheet at Blackburn and Villa do the business against Boro. Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

7 points with 8 players left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

19 points.

Come on Villa and City!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

44 pts with Beye, Bosingwa, Ireland, A. Young, and Spiderman to play.

G'wan the Toon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

7 players to play - only have 12 points so far...

But switched captain to Lamps this week.

Made one transfer last week - Ade out Berbatov in :mad: was debating to bring in Robbie Keane all week too but thought Torres would have been back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

38 points from 6 players..A nice bonus of a goal from Arbeloa in the last min :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

This is going to be a dreadful week for me. Captain Joe Cole out injured. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

eirebhoy wrote: »
    This is going to be a dreadful week for me. Captain Joe Cole out injured. :(

I done the exact same thing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Does anyone know where i can get a stream of the man city game? Has the potential to be a cracker and ive robinho as captain and ireland in my team. I took a gamble on the robinho performing at home as he can do would love to see this match....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

joe123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i can get a stream of the man city game? Has the potential to be a cracker and ive robinho as captain and ireland in my team. I took a gamble on the robinho performing at home as he can do would love to see this match....

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hazem77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

joe123 wrote: »

http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/328947

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

46 points. Might get a bonus or 2.
    Glad I brought in Bent. Hopefully can get to 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Choice to bring in Berbs instead of Anelka to replace Ade was a disaster...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

48. Had Robinho as captain, but changed back to Ronaldo at last minute :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

A poor week. Just 44 points. I've lost my head to head by 5 points. I'm still second in my table but the guy on top is now 6 points clear. :(

I've had enough of Ashley Young, especially with Villa's future fixtures. So long matey...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

56 so far.

Have a few big decisions with transfers to make next week. I want to get Anelka and Berbatov in. Might ship out Ashley Young myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A very dissapointing 45. Having said that, after a dreadful Saturday, I would have taken 40 points by the end of Sunday. Watched the Newcastle game and surprised Barton didn't get a bonus point.

This week, Cech and Nasri are in for VDS and Arteta and the following week, Arbeloa and Bent/Saha (circa 8.5 mill striker).

That will leave me with a core team of Cech, Agger, Arbeloa, Bosingwa, Ronaldo, Nasri, Lampard, Zaki, Bent (or Saha) to work with and I can interchange Figueroa, McShane, Barton, Delap, and C.Cole when needed. 1.0 m to spare too.

The other option is to make 3 subs next week and get in Cech, Torres and Ashbee with 1.1 left over. That can be used to get in a better third striker.

Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

FutureGuy wrote: »
    A very dissapointing 45. Having said that, after a dreadful Saturday, I would have taken 40 points by the end of Sunday. Watched the Newcastle game and surprised Barton didn't get a bonus point.

This week, Cech and Nasri are in for VDS and Arteta and the following week, Arbeloa and Bent/Saha (circa 8.5 mill striker).

That will leave me with a core team of Cech, Agger, Arbeloa, Bosingwa, Ronaldo, Nasri, Lampard, Zaki, Bent (or Saha) to work with and I can interchange Figueroa, McShane, Barton, Delap, and C.Cole when needed. 1.0 m to spare too.

The other option is to make 3 subs next week and get in Cech, Torres and Ashbee with 1.1 left over. That can be used to get in a better third striker.

Opinions?

I've noticed that its too easy to ditch a bunch of players just because they have a bad week. The hit you take for drafting more than one guy out is too much, so I'm on one change per week maximum.

40 Points, Dunne getting sent off did not help.

What was the story with L Young today?

Mezcita wrote: »
    I've noticed that its too easy to ditch a bunch of players just because they have a bad week. The hit you take for drafting more than one guy out is too much, so I'm on one change per week maximum.

Agreed. However sometimes i believe the 4 point hit is necessary. Bent's current form suggests he could be out of my reach soon, so I had to get him in now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mezcita wrote: »

The thing is both VDS and Arteta have been consistently poor over the last 5-6 weeks. United do not look solid at the back, and I can see Stoke scoring at the weekend. They do no look comfortable and Delap is going to cause problems. Arteta has been playing well at Everton, but it's not translating into goals, assists or even bonus points.

I think that 4 point hit will be more than paid back by Cech alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Arteta hasn't justified his inclusion in FF for weeks now. Ditched him a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Whats the story with Carew lads, is he injured or what? Wanted a 3rd striker so sold Evra and brought in Carew at the weekend. Hope its not a mistake:rolleyes:

Arbeloa, Reina, Bosingwa... was doing so well until Sunday. Robinho finally got me some points but Laursen, Barry + Ireland let me down again. And thanks honey monster... -2 ffs!

Ended up on 48 which is prob about average...

Subbed out Barry + Dunne, brought in Lampard + Zayatte

Have a decent enough side now,

Reina (Turnbull)

Arbeloa, Bosingwa, Laursen, Zayatte (Wheater)

Ronaldo, Lampard, Geovanni, Ireland (O'Brien)

Robinho, Zaki (Sidibe)

Two team choices for this week

Cech

Alex Turner Arbeloa Agger

Lampard Ronaldo Ireland

Bent Zaki Defoe

or

Cech

Alex Turner Agger

Lampard Rooney Geovanni Marney

Bent Zaki Torres

roryc wrote: »
    Arbeloa, Reina, Bosingwa... was doing so well until Sunday. Robinho finally got me some points but Laursen, Barry + Ireland let me down again. And thanks honey monster... -2 ffs!

Ended up on 48 which is prob about average...

Subbed out Barry + Dunne, brought in Lampard + Zayatte

Have a decent enough side now,

Reina (Turnbull)

Arbeloa, Bosingwa, Laursen, Zayatte (Wheater)

Ronaldo, Lampard, Geovanni, Ireland (O'Brien)

Robinho, Zaki (Sidibe)
    I like your defence although I would think about getting rid of Laursen.Maybe throwing in Agger.

yeh im getting rid of Laursen after next week. Hes gotten a 1 the last 3 weeks :(

Thinking of maybe bringing in Alex or O' Shea, depending on who's more likely to get a game... dont want to have three at the back from 'Pool, if they concede it would instantly cost me 12 points!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Two team choices for this week

Cech

Alex Turner Arbeloa Agger

Lampard Ronaldo Ireland

Bent Zaki Defoe

or

Cech

Alex Turner Agger

Lampard Rooney Geovanni Marney

Bent Zaki Torres

Afaik Arbeloa is suspended for saturday, picked up his fifth booking at the weekend. Don't know why it is not updated on the fantasy premier league site.
    http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/SuspensionLists/PendingPlayers.htm

balls...

Anyone know how long Carvalho is out for??

Looking about bringing in Alex this week dependent on the Carvalho injury status?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

thewools wrote: »
    Anyone know how long Carvalho is out for??

Looking about bringing in Alex this week dependent on the Carvalho injury status?
    Expected to return on 22 November according to Physioroom.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

Anyone think the returning drogba will be a good signing?

slingerz wrote: »
    Anyone think the returning drogba will be a good signing?

From a footballing point of view I hope not. Anelka has been playing very well lately, can't remember the last time I saw him so hungry for the ball..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Tough call who to have captain this week.

United at home to Stoke, who've shown themselves to be able to trouble top teams, and Chelsea away to WB who're on the bottom...Fat frank would be the obvious call, but Ronaldo has this habit of picking up 15 points in a game...Decisions decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Just to confirm, if i make a transfer, and it says it will deducted 6 points from my total... do these points come off my score in the head to head scores or the score you get for your main league(s)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Just to confirm, if i make a transfer, and it says it will deducted 6 points from my total...
    It will never say that though. Deductions are made in multiples of 4.

. do these points come off my score in the head to head scores or the score you get for your main league(s)?
    It comes off the total for that week and also off your main total

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

BaZmO* wrote: »
    It will never say that though. Deductions are made in multiples of 4.

It comes off the total for that week and also off your main total

Cheers, yeah was just giving examples!

Here's my team -

Cech

Terry - Carragher - Glen Johnson

Ireland - Deco - Geovanni - Wright-Phillips

Zaki - Defo - Adebayor

Sbs: Schwarzer , Figeroa , Laursen, Delap

Any changes you'd make? Any comments welcome!! :)

Here's my team -

Cech

Zaki - Defo - Adebayor

I have Wright Philips but am thinking of getting rid of him, City are playing quite bad at the moment, also have Ireland and would get rid of him only for the fact that he still offers good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Here's my team -

Cech

Zaki - Defo - Adebayor

bosingwa has been a better option than terry so far.
    Personally I'd swap defoe for bent

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I have Wright Philips but am thinking of getting rid of him, City are playing quite bad at the moment, also have Ireland and would get rid of him only for the fact that he still offers good value.
    Yeah agreed. I had both in my team up until last night. Stuck SWP on the bench last week cos he's been doing nothing for the last few weeks, glad I did now cos he only got his customary 2 points. So I got rid of him last night and Ireland will be after him if he doesn't buck up his ways!

Any thoughts on my team?

Cech/Schwarzer

Boswinga Agger Evra

Ronaldo Lampard Ireland

Zaki Robinho Bent

11th position would rotate between Delap, Marney, McShane and Paintsil

Thinking of ditching Ireland for Geovanni, can his form continue!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

menoscemo wrote: »
    Afaik Arbeloa is suspended for saturday, picked up his fifth booking at the weekend. Don't know why it is not updated on the fantasy premier league site.
    http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/SuspensionLists/PendingPlayers.htm

Can someone clarify why Benoit Assou Ekoto was suspended last night from his red card on Sunday, and is therefore available for the weekend, yet Arbeloa, who looked like he was serving a suspension by not being in Liverpools squad last night, is down as being suspended for the next Premier League game?

pwd wrote: »
    bosingwa has been a better option than terry so far.
    Personally I'd swap defoe for bent

Im still going to be loyal to Defoe - he is one of the most natural goal scorers in the league plus hits the penalties...

Bent is similar but Defoe edges it slightly.

Have Berbatov and Zaki as my other strikers... Bent may come in for Berbatov next week though!!

This week Im looking at switching my defence, I have money to spare after ditchin Ade... So prob will bring in Agger or Alex - or both! Being keeping an eye on Silvestre too, very cheap for a Arsenal defender - can grab a goal too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Juan Pablo wrote: »
    Can someone clarify why Benoit Assou Ekoto was suspended last night from his red card on Sunday, and is therefore available for the weekend, yet Arbeloa, who looked like he was serving a suspension by not being in Liverpools squad last night, is down as being suspended for the next Premier League game?

Strange for sure, I just checked out the FA disciplinary procedures
    http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/E5AD8DC1-F5D4-45BD-B820-A205B7D38EB3/151617/DisciplinaryProcedures08091.pdf
    and it states on page 6 point (vii) that suspensions due to 5 yellow cards will start 7 days after the last offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

cech

Richards Figueroa Young L

ronaldo lampard marney anderson

defoe berbarov robinho

subs: painstil mcshane mccann

what are the views on this team? defense is terrible, should i improve at the expense of a striker?

• Advertisement

cech

Richards Figueroa Young L

ronaldo lampard marney anderson

defoe berbarov robinho

subs: painstil mcshane mccann

what are the views on this team? defense is terrible, should i improve at the expense of a striker?

I'd get rid of Anderson tbh.
    He's not the kind of player who's going to get you many points.
    Go for a more attack minded midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

yea lookin at that at the moment thinkin of puttin duff in for him, only prob duff has nt had any assists this yr

yea lookin at that at the moment thinkin of puttin duff in for him, only prob duff has nt had any assists this yr
    Why would you put him in so? Go for a player that's on form, and forget about including players just because they have an Irish connection or are from the team you support. Always ends in tears.

Throw Delap in. He'll keep getting assists with his throw-in's. And he's a good bit cheaper than Anderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Swap Berb or Robinho for Zaki or Bent, then get a big 4 starting defender instead of Richards or Figueroa

• Advertisement
Advertisement