Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

3 bonus points for Laursen and Anelka, 2 each for Ronnie and Bosingwa. On 90 points with 3 to play, my best week ever. If only Cech had played :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

woop... first really good week from me. on 87 at the moment with ireland and marney to play :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Why oh why did I pick Berbs to replace the injured Ade over Anelka.

10 points from Robert Green. Fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Captaining Lampard hasn't really worked out too well. :( Still on 54 points with 2 left to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Up to 67 points now as it stands with bonus points in... Bit gutted about transferring Laursen out but thought they would struggle Vs Arsenal and Man U next week - Aw well!!

Still cant see how everyone else got on :mad:

I reckon I should be above average this week and hopefully climb up a few places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

97 pts with Ireland still to play. Good haul of pts from Ronaldo, Boswinga, and Laursen. Hopefully can beat the ton mark tmw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

64 points with 2 left to play. I took a gamble and made bosingwa my captain instead of Ronaldo but it cosst me a few points.
    I will have at least on player with 0 points though with zaki and ferdinand both not playing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

86 points in total with McShane to play tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

67 points with Howard, Zayatte, Geovanni, Wright Phillips and either Wheather or the 2 point Miller to come on for Zaki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

85 points with Ireland left to play, best week by a long shot, why oh why did Cech have to get injured could have been even sweeter. Ah well alot better than I thought I was going to do this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I made some drunken changes 2 gameweeks ago, absolutely retardedly and cost myself 8 points with the transfers. Changed it around a little again last week costing myself 4 and cost myself 8 again just now, but im thinking ive finally got it to a place im happy with.

First team now is:
    Reina

Evra
    Bosingwa
    Arbeloa
    L.Young

A.Young
    Ronaldo (c)
    Kuyt
    Nasri

Martins
    Saha

dont want to change that now for a good while ideally.

This week so far is 77points, with Giovanni and Saha to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

79 Points with two players left to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I hate this game sometimes, although it's probably my own fault most of the time.

Darren Bent captain. w00t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

almost 80 points with Robinho, Ireland, Zayatte, Geovanni, and (hopefully) Wheater left to play tomorrow...

btw, why was there no bonus pts in the 'Pool game?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/fixture/127.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

71 with Robinho, Ireland and Wheater to go and someone to come in for Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Tough call who to have captain this week.

United at home to Stoke, who've shown themselves to be able to trouble top teams, and Chelsea away to WB who're on the bottom...Fat frank would be the obvious call, but Ronaldo has this habit of picking up 15 points in a game...Decisions decisions!

Guess I made the wrong one then :(

I'd be on 90, pushing for 100 if Marney/Ireland does well if I'd gone with Ronaldo instead of Lampard.

lol at anyone who subbed Ireland out after him not scoring much the last few weeks!! Knew he would get back on form

Im on almost 90 pts... need geovanni or Robinho to score to get me near 100 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

roryc wrote: »
    lol at anyone who subbed Ireland out after him not scoring much the last few weeks!! Knew he would get back on form

Im on almost 90 pts... need geovanni or Robinho to score to get me near 100 :D

Aye, he was gonna drop 0.1m in value tonight. Now, after scoring 2 goals, I'll bet he goes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Stephen Ireland I love you, now get your hat trick and get me over the 100 mark.

Ireland gets me over the 100 mark for the first time ever, was going to transfer him after this gameweek but I guess I'll hold onto him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Grr, Anelka had his assist taken away which brings me down to 83.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Grr, Anelka had his assist taken away which brings me down to 83.

Damn, now I'll end up with 99. Come on Ireland...score another point (I've already factored in the 1 for playing 60 mins.)

Geovanni! Could break 110, this is ridiculous

Ah crap. My Head to Head opponent was on 50. I was on 56.
    He had Geo, I had SWP.
    Will really have to hope he only gets a 1 point bonus...

Ah crap SWP gets booked...

101 points for 10 players... first time ever breaking the ton mark, if only Arbeloa, Wheater, Zaki or Joey O'Brien had played I'd have improved again on that :)

Anelka already in for Robinho who just isn't doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

71 points for me.

That's without Ferdinand or Zaki playing:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

First time breaking the ton barrier for me too - 108 :eek:

Stephen Ireland and Geovanni round off a nice weekend. Ronnie is simply must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

RedorDead wrote: »
    First time breaking the ton barrier for me too - 108 :eek:

Stephen Ireland and Geovanni round off a nice weekend. Ronnie is simply must have.

Ya Geovanni and Ireland made it a nice Sunday evening! Ronnie is definitely worth the 14m you'd have yo sacrificie to get him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

112 points! First time breaking the ton, possibly ever.
    Kicking myself for selling Agbonlahor, could have been the top scorer for the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

'only' got 93. I did however win my head to head by 65 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

roryc wrote: »
    101 points for 10 players... first time ever breaking the ton mark, if only Arbeloa, Wheater, Zaki or Joey O'Brien had played I'd have improved again on that :)

Anelka already in for Robinho who just isn't doing it

I thought Wheater came on as a sub :confused:

woot... actually got 102, Wheater was brought on for a few minutes! :)

Gutted I didn't bring in Anelka last week, was so close to swapping out Robinho for the Elk... would have brought me up to 112, meh can't complain

SickBoy wrote: »
    I thought Wheater came on as a sub :confused:

hehe just spotted it :D

Just the 90 points for me.

• Advertisement

111, if only Rooney had played.

69 points. Fail

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

102 Points from 10 players, seems a high scoring week for eveyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Disaster. Ended up with 74 points. If I'd remembered to captain Ronaldo which was my intention I would have ended up with 92 points.

To make matters worse I lost my head to head by a point. Absolute kick in the balls. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Only 98. I transferred in Arbeloa only to find out he was suspended so had to make do with 1 point from my sub Delap.

Finally moving up my head to head league. Up to 10th now even though I'm the second highest scorer!

• Advertisement

Quick early transfer made - Rooney out, Anelka in. Rest of the team should be ok for the coming weekend.

I'm gonna wait till after the internationals to make my transfers this week. These things have a habit of biting me in the backside and leaving me with no team and no subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had to finally bite the bullet last night and get Ronaldo in. When people are getting close on 40 points for one player each week you just can't compete. So far I've been lucky enough in that I've been able to keep in contention by having other players getting the points but it wouldn't be long before I was out of reach. Used the Wildcard so I didn't have to take the points hit. Just disappointed I didn't do it earlier.

Got Anelka in instead of Rooney too, reckon his price will rocket in the next couple of days. I don't normally transfer players before internationals but because I used my Wildcard I can still transfer players before the weekend if needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

103 with ten players

and that's with Zaki, ferdinand and a cole ruled out through injury and my subs only picking up three points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Arsebiscuits!!! Only 71 but at least I won my head to head and up to 4th in that.

Going to have to do some serious thinking about my team too many players not performing like Cesc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

104 for me - I freed up some cash bringing in Barnett for Belhadj or whatever his name is, instead of buyin Anelka for Berbatov. Should of pressed buy, should of pressed buy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Ferdinand out. Good luck old man- mind your back.

Vidic in- straight swap.

A. Cole failed a late fitness test and will be back next week. Knocking on the door of the top ten again with my sexy five defender routine paying dividends once more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Whats the story with the Head-to-Head league - is there any prizes involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

84 points - mainly ronaldo / boswinga / ireland tho

Current team:
    cech schwarzer
    evra boswinga agger paintsil
    ronaldo delap marney lampard ireland
    zaki robinho bent

Thinking of
    Reina schwarzer
    aurelio boswinga agger paintsil
    ronaldo delap marney lampard ireland
    zaki anelka bent

Do you think the 8 point hit for this is worth it? (Last 2 weeks it would of been with Anelka's recent form..!)

If i do this now i will just be able to afford it, another week and all 3 players could be out of my range.

• Advertisement
Advertisement