Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Hart out this week, crap, i'll put trustee Shay in to bat away the rockets of Anelka.
    Why not just have Schmeichel as your sub keeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Transferred out SWP and Defoe. I don't know if Defoe will play this weekend and he hasn't done much lately anyway (same with SWP)...

Took the 4 point hit and brought in Anelka and Ireland.

I reckon lampard will play, so I'm going to gamble on that, but I'll remove him as captain. Give that to Anelka as I reckon he'll score against the barcodes.

Team for this weekend:

James

Evra
    Bosingwa ---- Laursen ----

Ireland -- Barry -- Lampard -- Arteta -- Duff --

Bent
    Anelka (c)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Cunning on the Lampard thing - might use this especially given all of Chelsea's midfielders are nearly fit again. Also I cant see Chelsea continuing to score such big wins i.e I think they might be due a couple of one-nil wins as opposed to the five-nil ones which will cut down on Lampard's points.

Ditching Lampard is complete madness. He has consistently been scoring goals in this league for years now.

Currently has the highest amount of bonus points in the league (21). Finally, Chelsea are outscoring everyone at the moment and Lampard is guaranteed to start every game assuming he is fit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ronaldo or Anelka as captain...there's a decision to make! United away to Villa, Chelsea at home to Nooocastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

berbatov confirmed out now,
    think ill swap him for keane,

use the remaining monies to but liv defender

I think 3 liverpool players over next few weeks are essential imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Defoe, Berbatov and Lampard are out? Are you kidding me? What am i meant to do now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

hmmm Gallas has now been dropped, wonder how that will effect Arsenal at the weekend, can Man City use the termoil to get a good win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

token56 wrote: »
    hmmm Gallas has now been dropped, wonder how that will effect Arsenal at the weekend, can Man City use the termoil to get a good win.

When it appears that The Arsenal is in turmoil, that is the worst time to play us, easy win for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

berbatov confirmed out now,
    think ill swap him for keane,

use the remaining monies to but liv defender

I think 3 liverpool players over next few weeks are essential imo

Keane is a also slight doubt according to physiotable.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Anelka or Ronaldo as Captain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Had Le Sulk as captain but with all the turmoil in the Arsenal camp I've given it to Ade. Reckon Citeh vs Arsenal will be a goalfest...

cue 0-0 draw...

Frisbee wrote: »
    Had Le Sulk as captain but with all the turmoil in the Arsenal camp I've given it to Ade. Reckon Citeh vs Arsenal will be a goalfest...

cue 0-0 draw...

Strange conclusion to come to.
    Gonna go with anelka I think, in his best form for many years and hopefully Ronaldo will have a quiet game. (fingers crossed) :)

Gonna go with Bentley as captain against his old club.

cue 0-0 draw...

Did Adebayor not get injured midweek?

Defoe not starting,not even on the bench!:(

Lamps is starting as is Malouda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Adebayor not in Arsenal squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nooooooooooooooooo!

I made Defoe my captain and he's not in the squad?! Adams you said he just had cramp. YOU SAID HE JUST HAD CRAAAAAAAAMMMPPPPPP!

• Advertisement

No Wayne Bridge :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Definitely a weekend for having a decent bench it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Feck I left Bent on the bench by accident and second choice on the bench at that! Watch him go score a hatrick now! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Trampas

Steinsson scores for me :D

Gone for a 5 man backline.

I notice scors are not updating during the game :mad:

Trampas wrote: »
    Steinsson scores for me :D

Gone for a 5 man backline.

I notice scors are not updating during the game :mad:

Yeah thats strange, for a split second I thought none of my team were playing! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Nooooooooooooooooo!

I made Defoe my captain and he's not in the squad?! Adams you said he just had cramp. YOU SAID HE JUST HAD CRAAAAAAAAMMMPPPPPP!
    LOL. :D

• Advertisement

like their servers can't take it

Ireland scores. Points for all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Superman once again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

swapped swp for ireland this week good choice I think...although kept Defoe thinking he would play :(

scores updated now

• Advertisement

Goal robinho.

3 goals so far

Robinho, Ireland and Steinson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Holy Trinity of Ireland, SWP and Robinho deliver once again. Anelka fails to deliver as captain.:( 42 points before Ireland's bonus with VDS, Barry, Arteta and Bent still to play.

Only 2 of my defenders played today from my squad, will I still get points for my striker sub?

I thought Hart was out for weeks, benched him and put in Turnbull. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Reina (7), Arbeloa (6), Bosingwa (6), Ireland (8), Sidibe (6), Zayatte (4)... Lampard and Geovanni let me down... and Im sick I subbed out Robinho for Anelka!!

Still Ronnie as Captain and Laursen to play now, and Zaki tomorrow... hopefully hit 50-60... all depends on Ronnie though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Only 2 of my defenders played today from my squad, will I still get points for my striker sub?

Nope, your team has to have at least 3 defenders so one defender will be in the team with 0 points if only 2 played.

JPA wrote: »
    I thought Hart was out for weeks, benched him and put in Turnbull. :o
    Why did you bench him in the first place? I could maybe understand benching a player after a relatively long injury because he may come off the bench and get you 1 point. But benching Hart was a bit foolish. If he didn't play he'd be subbed automatically anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Adebayor as Captain = Epic Fail!

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Why did you bench him in the first place? I could maybe understand benching a player after a relatively long injury because he may come off the bench and get you 1 point. But benching Hart was a bit foolish. If he didn't play he'd be subbed automatically anyway.

Ya I know but Hart had the tougher opposition today anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Poor performance by midfielders and forwards but clean sheets for all my defenders and goalie, should break 50

• Advertisement

A dissapointing 42 but a good result for Wigan Monday night and Ill hopefully break the 50 barrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

36 points with Bentley,Bent,Cisse and Zaki to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

41 with Zaki and Howard to play. This is going to be a bad week. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Adebayor as Captain = Epic Fail!

I can relate. I f*cked up my captain selection for the second week in a row.

36 points with just Jenas, Figueroa and Valencia to play. Looks pretty grim unless I can get a goal from one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

46 with bonus points to come for Ireland and Robinho at least. Happy enough seeing as Ronny fecked over everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Bonus points are in

Only got some for Schwarzer (3) and Lampard (1) though

44 in total with Zaki to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

mm the debate was Bosingwa or Ronnie for captain. Still though can never take it from Ronnie.

63, with Zaki to make a comeback tomorrow.

I should be climbing anyway. Low scoring week, this is where 5 top defenders comes into it's own, and bonus points for vidic and laursen,

67 for me. the bonus points in boro vs bolton game are crazy. none for steinnson :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

My defense was rock solid today, got 30 points from my back 5, could have been more if I'd included L.Young.

I've almost 60 points with Zaki to play tomorrow... I actually hope he stays injured, I've Sidibe as first sub and he got an 8 pointer :D

Thinking of getting rid of Zaki tbh, but I only get 6.6m which is about 0.5m less than his current transfer price...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A very meh 41 today, with Bent and C. Cole left to play. Anelka as captain didn't work, but Ronaldo didn't do a whole lot either. My defense of Arebola, Bosingwa, VDS and Agger did most of the scoring.

Advertisement