Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

48 points.Disappointed.Thinking about axing Lamps to beef up my defence.8th in my head to head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

54 points, not bad I suppose considering how strange a gameweek it was. Joint top of my head to head league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I ended up with 53 points. Not too shabby considering I had no captain. Nice to see Valencia pulling his weight at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Chances of Ronaldo getting rested at Man City?
    He took a nasty kick to the knee there tonight, I reckon his legs were in bits after Aston Villa anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Loco wrote: »
    Chances of Ronaldo getting rested at Man City?
    He took a nasty kick to the knee there tonight, I reckon his legs were in bits after Aston Villa anyway!

With UTD 8 points behind the leaders I'm guessing that if he can stand he'll be playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

quick question, do you get anything from winning the head-to-head league? I am top of mine and just wondering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Trampas

Don't think you do.

Hard week for choosing captains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    quick question, do you get anything from winning the head-to-head league? I am top of mine and just wondering
    A warm fuzzy feeling inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I think it would be good.

The NFL one the best person every week gets a prize and in a draw for tickets to the Superbowl Party.
    That's run by NFL.com though...

The Euro Competition have a prize aswell.
    Carlsberg bags for the weekly winner and a Carlsberg foozball table for the final highest scorer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What's the word on Defoe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php
    JPA wrote: »
    What's the word on Defoe?
    J Defoe - Calf Muscle Strain - no return date

Happy I sold him when I did. Zaki too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Sherifu wrote: »
    http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

J Defoe - Calf Muscle Strain - no return date

Happy I sold him when I did. Zaki too.

Zaki should be back this weekend. For his price I still think he is worth it.

Defoe has an outside chance of playing on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I think I have the perfect forward line up if the two feckers were not injured.

Defoe-Zaki-Anelka

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What's the deal with Zaki? It's like the bleedin Hokey-Kokey!!

Zaki should be back this weekend. For his price I still think he is worth it.
    I got him fairly early and made a small profit on selling him. I sold him because I thought his goal run wouldn't continue. Just worked out well that I sold him before he got injured. If he was fit he'd still be a very good option. He shouldn't be out for too long more so it's probably worth it to carry him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I got him fairly early and made a small profit on selling him. I sold him because I thought his goal run wouldn't continue. Just worked out well that I sold him before he got injured. If he was fit he'd still be a very good option. He shouldn't be out for too long more so it's probably worth it to carry him.

When you sell a player is it at the price you bought him for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeh I did the same, got in Martins instead and even made a bit of money on the transfer. Very happy with my team now...

fantasyro3.th.jpgthpix.gif

EDIT: how do you make the pics bigger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Yera- I'm keeping the bugger.

Have Miller as first sub and he's due a goal, against Wigan of all people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Im defo gonna get Robinho after this weekend once he stays fit - then i'll have a forward line of

Anelka, Torres, Robinho

SWEET

Warper wrote: »
    Im defo gonna get Robinho after this weekend once he stays fit - then i'll have a forward line of

Anelka, Torres, Robinho

SWEET

Thats madness IMO... you realise that forwards don't generally clock up a lot of points? They get less for scoring than midfielders/ defenders... Better off having one or maybe two top forwards, then a few goalscoring midfielders... all IMO of course :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya but it looks cool

My team is

Cech
    Laursen Bosingwa Agger Belhadj
    Ronaldo Ireland Geovanni
    Anelka Torres Robinho

Goal scorers all over the shop

Regards the forward line not picking up points - every one of them will get 200+

When you sell a player is it at the price you bought him for?
    Cost + ((Value - Cost) / 2) is your selling price. (rounded down)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Any Comments on this team.

FantasyTeam.jpg

Still waiting for forward line to kick into action. Both Bent and Anelka were recent additions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Macker1 wrote: »

FantasyTeam.jpg

Still waiting for forward line to kick into action. Both Bent and Anelka were recent additions.

First thought...where's Ronaldo?

Ya but it looks cool

My team is

Cech
    Laursen Bosingwa Agger Belhadj
    Ronaldo Ireland Geovanni
    Anelka Torres Robinho

Goal scorers all over the shop

Regards the forward line not picking up points - every one of them will get 200+

Doubtful only Lampard and Ronaldo picked up over 200 points last season,

Torres had 24 goals and only got 193 points.

But I've 5 Backs which will all pick up over 150+ points. I know which direction I'd go. My team. 13-1 in head to head, 9th in boards, was 2nd for a few weeks) and, look no forward. None. Zaki's injured and Miller will come in with his customary two points but decent defence is consistent.

1: Reina

2: Bosingwa
    3: Carragher
    4: Vidic
    5: Laursen
    6: Cole A

7: Ronaldo(C)
    8: Ireland
    9: Geovanni
    10: Lampard

11: Zaki
    Originally Posted by Macker1
    Any Comments on this team

2nd thought, where's Ronaldo?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FantasyTeam.jpg

As much as it sucks to say, no Ronaldo=no hope in this game. He just makes too much of a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

You'll be waiting. Honestly, I don't see the appeal in having Torres in a team. At 12m he is overpriced especially considering his season has yet to get underway.

3rd thought, where's Waldo?

FantasyTeam.jpg

Hmmm... Its as if something is missing

• Advertisement

No fun in being a sheep and having the Portuguese diver on like most people. Its more of a challange to play the game without him to be honest. ;)

Earthhorse wrote: »
    You'll be waiting. Honestly, I don't see the appeal in having Torres in a team. At 12m he is overpriced especially considering his season has yet to get underway.

3rd thought, where's Waldo?

When Torres gets going he will prove to be worth the cash. Big things expected ;)

Waldo is off practicing his diving for the derby at the weekend. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

No fun in being a sheep and having the Portuguese diver on like most people. Its more of a challange to play the game without him to be honest. ;)

Well good luck with you futile attempt at doing well in this league then.

In all seriousness, your midfield is very weak, and the highest scoring players always come from the midfield. Carragher is overpriced when agger does the same job or better (scores and assists more) and is a lot cheaper (1.2m I think). Torres is overpiced at 12m for the relative amount of points he scores, Players like A Johnson or Zaki (when fit) will do almost aswell for half the price. With just these two swaps you could almost upgrade Reo-Coker or Delap to Ronaldo (or if you refuse to do this, you could upgrade them both to much stronger players e.g Ireland and gerrard.).
    Also your bench is rubbish/doesn't play regularly. You need players at the same relative price to come in if your starting 11 are injured. This will become more apparent in later gameweeks when many teams won't play due to cup commitments/cancelled matches. You don't want to have to take 4 point hits just to put out a starting 11.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Well good luck with you futile attempt at doing well in this league then.

In all seriousness, your midfield is very weak, and the highest scoring players always come from the midfield. Carragher is overpriced when agger does the same job or better (scores and assists more) and is a lot cheaper (1.2m I think). Torres is overpiced at 12m for the relative amount of points he scores, Players like A Johnson or Zaki (when fit) will do almost aswell for half the price. With just these two swaps you could almost upgrade Reo-Coker or Delap to Ronaldo (or if you refuse to do this, you could upgrade them both to much stronger players e.g Ireland and gerrard.).
    Also your bench is rubbish/doesn't play regularly. You need players at the same relative price to come in if your starting 11 are injured. This will become more apparent in later gameweeks when many teams won't play due to cup commitments/cancelled matches. You don't want to have to take 4 point hits just to put out a starting 11.

Good point on Carragher........ Already know the bench is weak and will be looking to progressively change over the next month. I do want to avoid having to take point hits for mutiple transfers. Not sure if I agree about Torres thought, yes 12m is a lot but he is one of the very few that will get 20 + goals in the league. Zaki's bubble has bust and Johnson's just not in the same class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Torres is now out for 2 or 3 weeks.

Damn. Hamstring strain :(

Thats just great.......... Not having the best of luck this season :(:(:(

Looks like Torres is the new Owen.

Looks like Torres is the new Owen.

I nearly brought him in for Lamps but them decided to go with Agbonlahor instead.

I have kept Zaki in the team because I think he will still be good when he comes back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

I have kept Zaki in the team because I think he will still be good when he comes back.

I ditched him, injured possibly for next few games, and wigan have no gw18. Hopefully his price will have fallen enough so I can afford him when hes back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Its a tough one picking captain this week - Think ill stick with Lampard, i can see Chelsea rolling over Arsenal....

Team is:

Sorensen
    Cahill; Boswinga; Agger; Evra; (Pantsil)
    Lampard (c); Ronaldo; Fellaini; Alonso; (McCann)
    Robinho; Martins; (Zamora)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My gut says Chelsea will batter Arsenal, so I may go with Anelka as captain. The have the ability to smell blood...

Ronaldo will probably no-show against City.

Ronaldo will probably no-show against City.

I'm guessing not- he had a quiet game against Villa- he rarely has two in a row.

Ronniie for captain for me anyway.

Though Lamps is due. Two quiet ones by his standards the last two weeks.

I transferred out Turner as well for Johnson.Hopefully there will be a method in my madness.

I've been contemplating benching Ronaldo. I can't recall him doing anything much of note in derby matches. I'll probably start him though nonetheless. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hmm, Stoke vs Hull.

....Gonna play both Delap and Geovanni to cover my bases :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Myhill

Bosingwa
    Wheater
    Carragher
    Laursen

Ronaldo
    A. Young (C)
    Delap
    Ireland

Anelka
    Robinho

Gonna go with Young as captain for something a little different this week. He could really rip Fulham apart at home if on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

1: Jaaskelainen

2: Bosingwa
    3: Arbeloa
    4: Laursen
    5: Carragher

6: Barry
    7: Lampard (C)
    8: Kuyt
    9: Ireland

10: Anelka
    11: Davies

my team for this weekend

1 Jassi

2 Johnson
    3 Figs
    4 Boswinga
    5 Agger

6 Ronaldo(C)
    7 Lamps
    8 Geovanni
    9 Delap

10 Agbonlahor
    11 Anelka

I have a good feeling about today.

My captaincy choices have been disastrous the past 2 weeks but I'm hoping for more joy this week although it might be looked at as a bit risky. Here's my team...

Cech

Figueroa
    Laursen
    Bosingwa

Ronaldo
    Valencia
    Delap
    Ireland

Crouch
    Agbonlahor
    Keane (c)

• Advertisement