Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

31 with Carragher to go.

12 points sitting on the bench in the form of Schwarzer and Ish Miller :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

22 with agger and reina to play. I had ronaldo but took the risk of captaining geovanni...it kinda paid off I suppose. Though I bought him for pienaar who ends up scoring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

32 points with keane and alonso to play, forgot to make changes this week so my subs bench had 19 points while Bosingwa was captain.

Back up to 461 in the boards league after a disasterous November where at one stage earlier in the season I was 3rd.

My team for next week:
    Myhill
    Ferdinand, Corluka, Vidic, Kompany, Bosingwa
    Arteta, Fletcher
    Van Persie (c), Crouch, Keane
    subs: Gordon, Alonso, A. Young, Fellaini

I'd be confident of Utd keeping a clean sheet so considering making vidic captain but there is the possibility of fergie starting J. Evans, also the clash of Everton and Villa leaves a tough choice between Arteta and A.Young and there is also the possibility of Fellaini playing as a Striker for them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Defoe's early return has left me with a dilemma. Do I transfer him back in or keep hold of Crouch...

Defoe's early return has left me with a dilemma. Do I transfer him back in or keep hold of Crouch...

I am bringing him in fr Agbonlahor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Which game will Ronaldo miss, Sunderland or Tottenham? I played my wildcard this week and have transferred out Ronaldo out at least until Friday as it looks like he'll drop in value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

OTliddy wrote: »
    Which game will Ronaldo miss, Sunderland or Tottenham? I played my wildcard this week and have transferred out Ronaldo out at least until Friday as it looks like he'll drop in value.

You transferred out ronaldo?? He'd need to drop .4 in value for transferring him out to make financial sense (presuming you got him at the start at 14m). He's never going to drop that much, i'd be very surprised if he lost even .2 in value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Well he's missing two of the next 3 game weeks, he's on bad form, I got him at 14.5mil and it's not inconceivable he'll get injured at some point in the season and will need to be retransferred in. But if he's playing against Sunderland he'll probably knock in a couple.

OTliddy wrote: »
    Well he's missing two of the next 3 game weeks, he's on bad form, I got him at 14.5mil and it's not inconceivable he'll get injured at some point in the season and will need to be retransferred in. But if he's playing against Sunderland he'll probably knock in a couple.

He only missing the Carling cup on Wednesday.Red card offences ocur immediatly,no waiting for 7 day like for 5 yellow cards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

25 with Agger and Arbeloa to play tonight. Had Anelka as captain, and it would have made a massive diffence to my league position if he had scored a few.

Hopefully one of the A-Team above will get a goal. Head to Head guy is beaing me even though he hasnt played since GW1 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

He only missing the Carling cup on Wednesday.Red card offences ocur immediatly,no waiting for 7 day like for 5 yellow cards.

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!*

*(He's still a f*cking gimp)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!*

*(He's still a f*cking gimp)

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

oh god.... very very very bad week. on 18 with only 3 left to play. Really need clean sheet for liverpool and a hat trick from Kuyt :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

24 with Pepe, Cara and Keane (C) :eek: to play. My cunning plan of refusing to get the "greasy one" may still work. Would have maybe if Zaki, Alex, Malouda and Reo-Coker had of shown up anyway. :(

Fantasy Football has Ronaldo marked as suspended until the 7th with United playing Sunderland on the 6th............

Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fantasy Football has Ronaldo marked as suspended until the 7th with United playing Sunderland on the 6th............

Interesting.
    Why is that "Interesting"? He got a red card so he gets a 1 match ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

BaZmO* wrote: »

Who to believe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The FF people have lost the plot this year with their willy-nilly allocation of bonus points and now this.
    He's only suspended for the Carling Cup, he's available for next Saturday.

The guy I'm up against in my head to head is 14 points ahead of me. He has Van Persie. :(

I think that's me f*cked for this week.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Who to believe?

I am right!:P

• Advertisement

Tut tut lazy posting. Read back a page and Inform yourself mister.

My team for next week

Schwarzer

Laursen Johnson Boswinga Agger

Ronnie Lamps Geovanni Delap

Anelka Defoe

Tut tut lazy posting. Read back a page and Inform yourself mister.
    I refuse to live in the past!

A player who is dismissed from the field of play for receiving a second caution in the same match will be suspended automatically from all approved first team matches commencing forthwith, until such time as his club’s first team has completed its next match in an approved competition.”

from the FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Agger does not play tonight which is excellent news as it means I win my head to head as long as keane and alonso don't both get sent off.

Or possibly more plausable Agger comes off the bench and scores.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Benitez, you muppet. Agger on bench. Compounds my dreadful week.

44 points. with bonus points to be allocated.

Thank feck Liverpool kept a clean sheet.

Feels massive looking about.

jimbling wrote: »
    oh god.... very very very bad week. on 18 with only 3 left to play. Really need clean sheet for liverpool and a hat trick from Kuyt :rolleyes:

oh woe is me, woe is me. No goals for Kuyt and Agger didn't play :mad:

Disaster of a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Keane underperforms yet again. I end up with 31 overall. Time for a big rethink of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, a potentially disasterous week was just mediocre. 39 points isn't bad considering I had Ronaldo as captain.

My Santa Strike Force team got 59. Who needs the top 4 eh? :)

It takes me inside the top 100 though...

In the world or boards?

gameweek completed but they did not allocate bonus points for the lverpool game? seems to be frozen on 78 minutes

gameweek completed but they did not allocate bonus points for the lverpool game? seems to be frozen on 78 minutes
    Seems fine. All the Bonus Points went to West Ham players with Green getting 2. :) Was worried that he might not get a clean sheet cos I had Schwarzer on the bench. I'm doing ok at the moment with those two keepers, it's just changing them around at the right times that gets a bit tricky.

Well, it's taken me 9 weeks to get back in the top 5 but I'm 5th in Boards and up to 512th in the world. The fact that everyone's forwards are doing crap lately has allowed my 5 defenders to sneak up the ranks. Considering Ronaldo should be good for a huge score against Sunderland and Lampard should finally break his poor run against Bolton I'm forseeing another tasty gameweek ahead. Hopefully Zaki is mended and will repay my faith in the little greasy bugger.

Gameweek 18 with no United and Wigan, is manageable with half decent subs and my team is up to 105.5

I'm 13 points clear in the hed to head and playing the chap in 2nd this week who doesn't have Rondaldo so the timing couldn't be better. Overall- very happy month for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

When does Ronaldos suspension kick in?

When does Ronaldos suspension kick in?

Tomorrow's Carling cup game against Blackburn. One game ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Well, it's taken me 9 weeks to get back in the top 5 but I'm 5th in Boards and up to 512th in the world. The fact that everyone's forwards are doing crap lately has allowed my 5 defenders to sneak up the ranks. Considering Ronaldo should be good for a huge score against Sunderland and Lampard should finally break his poor run against Bolton I'm forseeing another tasty gameweek ahead. Hopefully Zaki is mended and will repay my faith in the little greasy bugger.

Gameweek 18 with no United and Wigan, is manageable with half decent subs and my team is up to 105.5

I'm 13 points clear in the hed to head and playing the chap in 2nd this week who doesn't have Rondaldo so the timing couldn't be better. Overall- very happy month for me.

Im back up a wee bit this week to 42, Had a look at your team there - very defensive minded! But I like it...

This last month has made me seriously look at boosting my feeble defence... So last week I brought in Bosingwa and Djourou this week. Previous to that I brought in Agger but has to see if he will start this wkend before he is getting the chop.

Any word on Zaki anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Zaki's back 6th december according to that, which is the date of Wigan's next fixture

• Advertisement

Aye, that had him back three weeks ago three weeks ago too.

They just put down the next fixture.

As I understand it's a small tear and he was playing thorugh it so they're just resting him for a few weeks to let it heal to keep him fresh for all the close games over christmas.

But really no-one knows.

Torres out for another 5 weeks.

MUHAHA HAHA

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1204/torresf.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Is Evra available this week? He picked up his 5th booking of the season last week and is due a suspension..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Torres out for another 5 weeks.

MUHAHA HAHA

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2008/1204/torresf.html

What is with these glass-limbed players! RVP / Torres / Saha / Owen / Hargreaves

Forget ankle/knee supports, they should make some sort of full-body support for these players, and wrap them in bubble-wrap when they are not playing!

Is Evra available this week? He picked up his 5th booking of the season last week and is due a suspension..

Takes a week to take effect. His available this weekend but not next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

I think Utd players are the way to go at the minute so im gona bring in Vidic and Rooney for the weekend...i normally dont waste 4 points but i think that these two will make them back no hassle against sunderland. I refuse to bring in the ladyboy as a matter of principle and i've been top of the league i have with my mates (28 of us at 20 quid a man!) for 14 of the 15 weeks. Currently on 808 points.

My team for the weekend coming:

Reina

L Young (everton have literally no strikers left!)
    Agger
    Vidic

Lampard
    Bentley
    Marney
    Ireland

Agbonlahor
    Rooney
    Anelka

Subs: Delap, Pogatetz, N Hunt

anyone reckon fergie might play teves instead of rooney this weekend... given the 4 goals and great performance against blackburn??

I think Utd players are the way to go at the minute so im gona bring in Vidic and Rooney for the weekend...

Just be careful. They don't play gameweek 18 with wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ugh my team is beginning to struggle.. need the top players to start scoring

midfiled: lamps, ronaldo, Geovanni, Delap and Kuyt... now come on just one good week

up front: Keane - sooner or later he has to come good right?, Bent and Anelka...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Aye, that had him back three weeks ago three weeks ago too.

They just put down the next fixture.

As I understand it's a small tear and he was playing thorugh it so they're just resting him for a few weeks to let it heal to keep him fresh for all the close games over christmas.

But really no-one knows.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4591362,00.html

looks like zaki really is back

• Advertisement
Advertisement