Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Hmm looks like it could be another low scoring week with villa player owners climbing.

I've 22 with Bosingwa (captain) Lampard and A Cole to play tomorrow. If chelsea keep a clean sheet, that's worth 20 at least, i'd be happy with mid forties considering pool drew, arsenal lost and man u had a scoreless draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lolol I got 3 bonus points for captain Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

RasTa wrote: »
    lolol I got 3 bonus points for captain Ronaldo.
    Amen to that.

Young, Agbonlahor and Ronaldo brought in 40 points for me.

52 points with Bosingwa, Lampard and Ankelka to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My best week in a while. 54 points with Cech, Bosingwa and my captain Crouch still to come.

Valencia and Agbonlahor got me 17 and 15 points each respectively.

Get in! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

61 points with Bosingwa, the Elk and Bassong to go.

SSF team sitting pretty on 72.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

24 Points :( three players left to play Alex(hopefully) Bosingwa and Lampard (c)

Half tempted to get rid of Roanaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

21 points with Lampard (C), Boswinga, Crouch and Defoe to play. I have 25 points sitting on the bench! :mad:

I won't be getting rid of Ronaldo as the potential to get a heap of points is still there. The 6 points he got today is a pretty good return in itself for a midfielder.

What I will be doing though is sharing the captaincy around til he does find form. Hopefully by that stage a load of people will have sold him and won't be able to get him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

A fairly average 50 with Robert Green,Belhadj, Bosingwa, Deco and Anelka to go..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

36 so far with A.Young my main performer yesterday. So glad I stuck with him. He's been outstanding in the last few weeks.

He was close to the chop for a while. He was playing well just not getting the returns he deserved. Also being a Villa fan I just couldn't drop him.

Big day for my capt Lamps today. I need him to score to have any chance of taking top spot this week. He's walking on thin ice at the moment with a bag load of poor gameweeks recently. I fancy him to get something against his old club though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Tis been a good week so far. Ronnie doing nothing of note always helps.

Presently sitting on 61 pts, with Beye, Owen, and Spiderman still in action, and Bosingwa, Deco, and Anelka still to play later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

52 points with Bosingwa and Anelka to go.

Once again had Scharzwer and Paintsil on the bench :(

Fantastic result in the Newcastle game. All the people with Johnson and Defoe got shafted while Bassong picks me up a healthy 6 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I've gotten 90 so, first good week in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    Fantastic result in the Newcastle game. All the people with Johnson and Defoe got shafted while Bassong picks me up a healthy 6 points.

Aye. St. Michael, Spiderman, and Habib all have chucked in with a good haul from that game for me.

I am surprised Owen is in so few teams. I know he has his injury problems, but when fit, he is a goal machine. Very hard to find someone like that, that everyone else won't have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Hoping for a big Pompy win this week, brought in Crouch and Defoe.
    *Sigh* :(

Question for people:

United aren't playing this week. When they do play the game that is suppose to be for this week, if I have a United player in my team, will them points be added when that game is played?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

SantryRed wrote: »
    Question for people:

United aren't playing this week. When they do play the game that is suppose to be for this week, if I have a United player in my team, will them points be added when that game is played?

I am guessing that there will be a gameweek where United play two matches...

Grand. So out goes Ronaldo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Grand. So out goes Ronaldo:D

Really, despite the fact that United will have 2 weeks where they get to play 2 games, cos of the Super Cup in August aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

64 at the moment which is good i suppose - the whole boswinga as captain gamble didnt pay off thanks to bellamy :mad:

titan18 wrote: »
    Really, despite the fact that United will have 2 weeks where they get to play 2 games, cos of the Super Cup in August aswell.

Yes, so get rid of him this week. And bring him back the week after:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

67, might get some bonus goodness for Lamps, get me onto 70. Some more points on the bench :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yes, so get rid of him this week. And bring him back the week after:confused:

Unless ur only after buying him, thats not a good idea as u lose money and I dont know if u can afford it or not, but its not a good idea.Put him on your bench especially with Arsenal,Liverpool and Chelsea having hard games, there's little who you can actually replace him with.Ashley Young being the good points scorer who you could do with it, but is it worth the hit you'll get in money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

55 this week and I think I'm only going to draw my head to head.

Really annoyed I didn't give the captaincy to Agbonlahor too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

65 points
    Gabby and Ashley were my saviours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

37, rubbish. Bosy as captain. balls.

Happily though the dude in my head to head did too, and only got 34 so only two losses in the head to head, and remarkably climbed to 4th in boards.

hmmm,

Having Camara, Zaki, Vidic and Ronaldo was managable with the missing gameweek. In comes Miller, whoops, injury In comes Sidbhe, whoops, injury.

Going to be a man down next week, unless sidbhe makes a lazarus like recovery this week, not taking the points hit.

Transfering out Ronaldo is madness with two double gameweeks coming and his value after increasing .7 since i had him. Lampard for Gerrard however....... looking feasible. I'll give it another week though, I fancy Lamps against Everton and Liverpool have Arsenal away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I think ill get rid of anelka now seeing as the drog is back. I dont think he will get to play as often now.
    Freeing up this cash will allow me to take in agbonglahor and swap delap with ireland.
    Worth the 4 poit hit I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

As a matter of interest, how points have your teams conceded? I've conceded the most in the league - 830 and it's killing me, I'm happy to just have a positive point difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

-852 :(

I finished the week with 62 points. Quite disappointed with my players from today but I won my head-to-head and I'm just outside the top twenty in the Boards league so things aren't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

tribulus wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, how points have your teams conceded? I've conceded the most in the league - 830 and it's killing me, I'm happy to just have a positive point difference!
    615; the lowest in my league - almost 100 points less than average I'd say - possibly more responsible for my top position than my own point-scoring!
    830 is fairly massive - highest conceded in my league is 804!

Beat the head to head leader in my league today:D

Only a point behind him now.

75 points points pushes me to 233rd in the Boards league. after an horrendous start to the year the comeback is on.

SSF preformed solidly as well, picking up 77 points.

Good week all round. Hope a load of people transfer out Ronny cause those double game weeks later on could really help.

• Advertisement

I was forced into making a transfer as there aren't any United or Wigan players in action next weekend so I had three players who stood to miss out. I don't want to make any more changes so I have my fingers crossed no one in my squad picks up an injury.

I reckon this will be a tough week for me. My target for the week is 48 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

tribulus wrote: »
    I've conceded 748, second lowest in my league. The most is 869. Average is about 800.
    Just went top this weekend on point difference (+84) but one guy is on +165!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Decent 54 points. I'm hoping that saving my wildcard will be worth the points I'm probably losing atm by not being able to make huge teams to my decent but not great team.

Guy at the top of my league has only conceded 624.

I've conceded one of the most in my league :(
    Could be winning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

well that's why you shouldn't put too much pass on the head to head leagues :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Just checked my head to head league for the first time in months, 9 points clear at the top, 703 conceded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Only 53 points this week - A.Young my saver!

Up to 28th now in this league...

also catchin in my head to head, 2nd place with a score difference of +252 :D Fellow in first has +314

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I've conceded 2nd least in my league, 682 points. 808 for making the difference +126. Maybe that's flattered my position in the league (3rd) but hey, I can only play the team that shows up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I've scored 892 and conceded 694.
    7 points clear in my head to head.
    83rd in Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Thank god for Lamps and Anelka!

Finished with 53 for the week, 896 overall. Agbonlahor did the business...when it rains it pours with him. He probably wont score again for another few weeks.

Gona leave Rooney and Vidic on my bench for next weekend and gona bring Zabaleta in for Pogatetz

Reina

Zabaleta
    A Cole
    L Young

Marney
    Delap
    Lampard
    Ireland
    Bentley

Anelka
    Agbonlahor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

How the hell did Ronnie pick up the bonus points. It's shocking how thery dish these out. I took a chance with Lamps & even though he had an assist finished the same as Ronnie who also had 6...Crap. Hows a man supposed to catch anyone ahead of him. Took a chance changin captain and It still didn't prove beneficial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Right, with the Xmas games coming up and Utd not playing next week I'm wondering should I make any team changes. Leading my league in work by 35 pts and coming 26th in the Boards league. I've read here before that a good strategy is to use your wild card during the Xmas period due to the number of games but would like someone to explain a little further, please.

I'm thinking of getting rid of James as P'mouth haven't looked as solid at the back since Harry left. Also looking at bringing King (Hull) in for Bent who hasn't been getting a full 90 minutes lately. Will replace James with Reina if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Seeing as youve left the wild card this long Id leave it till after the Jan transfer window, you can afford to take a 4 point hit or two from making double transfers over christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

madds wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting rid of James as P'mouth haven't looked as solid at the back since Harry left. Also looking at bringing King (Hull) in for Bent who hasn't been getting a full 90 minutes lately. Will replace James with Reina if that happens.
    Why would you bring Reina in for James when you have Schwarzer on the Bench?

Reina is on 77 points and costs 6.3 and Schwarzer is on 69 points and only costs 4.2

I never understand why people always go for GKs from the top four. Granted they'll more than likely end up as the top GKs at the end of the season but not by that much.

I have Schwarzer and Green and alternate them depending on form and who they're playing. So far I've gotten more points doing that than I would have with the likes of Cech or Reina.

Plus, if you have a GK from the top four you're limited in the amount of outfield players from that team that you can have in your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I have been doing the same - alternating Schwarzer and Turnbull from Boro!

Works very well - plus they generally get more saves per game and bonus points than the like of Reina, Cech, Almunia etc...

Looking at getting rid of Bent this week too - cant understand why Harry isnt starting him ahead of that Russian clown... Bent is quality!! A natural goal scorer - but instead he is playing Pavlyuchenko who might score one goal after 5/6 decent chances!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement