Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

3 assists from Ireland and one for Gerrard my Captain..If only bosingwa had stayed on..then my Cech,A.Cole and him risk would have paid off:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

JPA wrote: »
    Ireland on my bench. Well ****ing done to me.

Ireland scores as well just to annoy you even more. I had a bad day as well :mad: what a fustrating game this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Brought Ireland back today. I think it's the first time something has gone right for me this season :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

why wasn't hangeland playing ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I absolutely fcuking hate this game on days like today. My back 5 of Mendy, Arbeloa, Laursen, Bosingwa and Bassong get a total of -2 between them Rediculous. Not a tap from Ronaldo and Anelka again. Honestly, I'm considering a clearance from my team this week, make 4 subs and be done with it.

I need an A. Young hattrick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

pwd wrote: »
    why wasn't hangeland playing ?

Flu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I read on the text that Agbonlahor won the penalty... should he not get the assist.

I read on the text that Agbonlahor won the penalty... should he not get the assist.
    some sort of award anyway. probably one for acting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The dude who I got in the cup had Robinho as captain and I had Ronaldo. Game over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought my decision to captain Bosingwa had paid off but the guy only played 45 minutes? Aaaaargh. At least Ireland got me a good haul.

Pretty disappointing day though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

My opponent and I are both on 66, he has Agbonlahor though, is there any reason he hasnt been given assist points? Would he have gotten them by now if he was getting them?

No, players don't get assist points for winning penalties.

Since you are on the same points as the other guy in the cup, the following applies:

"If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:

1. Most Goals scored in the gameweek
    2. Fewest Goals conceded in the gameweek
    3. Virtual coin toss"

I read the rules and it said they do. Otherwise I'll win. My 2 Robbie Keane goals and Stephen Ireland will equal his Lampard, Zaki and Ireland, but he has a Hull defender so thats kinda self-explanatory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Why did Melchiot come on as my sub instead of Denilson!? Denilson was first in line!

DSB wrote: »
    I read the rules and it said they do. QUOTE]

Yep, you are right. My mistake.

Something tells me I won't be going through after all:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

doonothing wrote: »
    Why did Melchiot come on as my sub instead of Denilson!? Denilson was first in line!

I'd imagine it is because you have to keep 3 defenders on the pitch.
    I have 23 points. :o:o:o

How absolutely turd that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

A respectable 62 point haul sees me recover some of the lost ground from the disaster that was GW 16. Got through in the cup by a point as well so absolutely delighted with that. Was glad to see fat Frank finally come through for me as captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Woeful week for my defence, a lot of people with Arbeloa - Bosingwa - Laursen got stung this week. Just scraped through my cup tie.

Transferring out Kuyt and getting in Ashley Young and Caceido as my striker sub who should hopefully go up in value a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Ahhhh poop, that's it :(

Still though, 63, I'm happy! After some wooooeful weeks lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I see the assist given now for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Is Laursen due back for Tuesdays game with Hull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Im fairly pissed off.
    Have 55 points, but my Head to Head score is listed as 49.
    Yet I only made one sub this week. Points are usually updated by now, hope it's a case of my Villa players not coming through yet...

Also thought I was on to a cracker when Belhadj scored...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Frisbee wrote: »
    Im fairly pissed off.
    Have 55 points, but my Head to Head score is listed as 49.
    Yet I only made one sub this week. Points are usually updated by now, hope it's a case of my Villa players not coming through yet...

Also thought I was on to a cracker when Belhadj scored...

Ive got the same thing on my head to head, got listed below what I got. Dont think everything is finished for this gameweek yet, dont worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Terrible week 38 points, great time to score my lowest score of the season, lost my first round cup match too.

I am sick of holding on hope for Ronaldo so finally decided to get ride of him, I know he will have a big sometime but he was a disgrace today and he is not the same player he was last year. But in the mean time I have Lamps and Gerrard and with the extra cash I can strenghten my defence and forwards, time for big changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

49 points which could have been worse but my main opponent in my mini league and my cup opponent both had Lampard and Ireland in their teams and both captains respecively.
    Drew my top of the table head to head so I stay second there drop down to 258 on boards.

My team for next week:

Schwarzer

Bosingwa
    Ferdinand (if fit)
    Vidic
    Corluka

Arteta
    Fellaini
    Alonso
    Young

Van Persie
    Agbonlahor

Myhill
    Crouch
    Diaby
    Kompany

I might sqeeze Diaby in somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

61 Points, won my head to head though still stay in 4th spot in that league, also won my cup match though scores still provisional for cup :confused:

I'm still half thinking of getting rid of Ronaldo,currently have Ronaldo, Lampard, Ireland,Kuyt and Geovani in midfield.

token56 wrote: »
    Terrible week 38 points, great time to score my lowest score of the season, lost my first round cup match too.

I am sick of holding on hope for Ronaldo so finally decided to get ride of him, I know he will have a big sometime but he was a disgrace today and he is not the same player he was last year. But in the mean time I have Lamps and Gerrard and with the extra cash I can strenghten my defence and forwards, time for big changes.
    bad timing...man u are playing two matches in week 21 (chelsea and wigan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Regular team - 943 points - 18th in head to head league.

SSF team - 868 points - 1st in head to head league.

Strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sherifu wrote: »
    I see the assist given now for him.

From what I can make out, that was down to an error. BBC text incorrectly gave Van Persie the assist for Barry's penalty (god knows how since they're on opposing teams) and FF gave Van Persie the 3 points. The error was rectified later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Ronaldo muck again though Ireland and Lampard made up for him.

Finally got rid of Reina for a cheap keeper and started Schwarzer.

And I finally broke into the boards top 200!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

pwd wrote: »
    bad timing...man u are playing two matches in week 21 (chelsea and wigan)

I'm aware of that but I cant see him doing much against Chelsea, and I will be getting other united players in with the extra cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

In a quandry at the moment, definitely want to replace Laursen (for the moment) with a United defender. Evans should play tomorrow but after that depends on the extent of Ferdinand's injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

74 -not bad- up to 388th in the world and 5th in Boards. Stupid Ronnie as captain doesn't perform once again though.

I already have Vidic and there is no one that will feature in United's defence consistently so I had to replace Laursen with Lescott. I had them both at the start of the season but shipped out Lescott when they had a poor opening run, seems to have settled though it's a financial bitchslap considering how much Laursen's value has increased and had to take a 4 point knock aswell. Lescott better start nodding in some corners and I hope Laursen goes under the knife and is never seen from again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lescott better start nodding in some corners and I hope Laursen goes under the knife and is never seen from again.

Spiteful much ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

can any one help with my team, im after having a terrible past 4 weeks!

cech

figuero l young painstil a cole

ronaldo j cole wright-phillps alonso

van persie owen

subs: schwarzer, mcshane, mccann, martins

can any one help with my team, im after having a terrible past 4 weeks!

cech

figuero l young painstil a cole

ronaldo j cole wright-phillps alonso

van persie owen

subs: schwarzer, mcshane, mccann, martins
    get in more man u players for the double week maybe.
    team looks good enough to me. Not sure joe cole is the best choice for this game though

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Elmander for Defoe.

Agbonlahor captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

my tip for this week is Kuyt - always has a stormer against Newcastle.

got messed up with injuries this week, decided to hang onto Arbeloa and sell Laursen and Martins, hopefully buy them back at a good enough price to make back what i lose on Arbeloa being out. Praying Arby's only out another game or so...

whens the united double week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

whens the united double week?

Next Week

what striker would you buy for 6.1m?

zamora is 5.2 but fulham are playing chelsea this week so I'd leave it off for the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Who's the preferred choice of captain for this week?

Ronaldo, Ireland, Lampard or Agbonlahor?

tribulus wrote: »
    Who's the preferred choice of captain for this week?

Ronaldo, Ireland, Lampard or Agbonlahor?

I'm going for Ronaldo as think Chelsea will draw 0-0 and can't see Ireland doing as well again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Dropped Laursen,brought in alex.

Vidic transfered in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Laursen gonski for 4 weeks so gonna sell him for O'Shea who will then be sold for Evra next week.

will evra be available for both games against chelsea and tottenham? It says he's back on new year's eve on the site, but I wanted to double check...

edit: pretty sure he is. Good to get him cheap now so

• Advertisement
Advertisement