Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

My competition has Gerrard as captain. Looks like he will get 36 points once the bonus comes through.

Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Gerrard captain here too. Fair play to Alonso too, thought it was going to be a disaster after I slept out the deadline this week. Happy days so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Aww bollocks, I'm going out of the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Thank you Arteta

Frisbee wrote: »
    Thank you Arteta

And Again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Gerrard as captain and Alonso have started me off well today anyways and 60 mins for Anelka after starting on bench is a boost, pity Van Persie is on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Adebayor better not score today, I forgot he was back from suspension :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Well scored a nice 93 last round of games and that was with carlton cole and konchesky on the bench. If id played those two instead of figueroa and owen I would have had the highest score of the week.

This gameweek felt I had to bring back in Ronaldo at home to middlesboro so decided to drop frank lampard and owen to bring in ronaldo and king. Wish I could afford zaki but at least keeping faith with gerrard has paid off.

yes lampard! get in there! G'wan my Captain! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

34 points with Vidic, A Young, Ronaldo (c), Geovanni and Abonglahor yet to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

a nice 66 points thanks to Gerrard as captain and Vidic, King and Geovanni to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

A pathetic 15 points so far with only VDS, O'Shea, Geovanni and Young to play. Transfered out Arteta last week and put in Malbranque- 0 points for Malbranque today.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

I'm 19 points behind my cup opponent.

He has Geovanni to play and I have A Young and Agbonlakor (c).

It could be close, or not even close to being close.

68 with agbon, vidic and friedel to play. 43 points ahead of my cup opponent too. And I'm inside the boards.ie top 200 aswell, Things are looking up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just 21 points with Ronaldo (c), Geovanni, Agbonlahor to come. Looks like I'm heading out of the cup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

22 points...whoop-de-fracking-doo!!! Injuries to Arbeloa and Laursen have absolutely destroyed me. Out of the top 500 in boards league (was in top 150 3 weeks ago). My recent substitutions have been very unlucky...for example, Sidibe lasted 5 minutes before being crocked and Bassong gets sent off in his first game.

I have gone to a no-nonsense 5-4-1. I desperately need a big performance from captain Ronaldo and a clean sheet from VDS and O'Shea. Also have Young to play.

VDS

Jagielka
    A. Cole
    Boswinga
    O' Shea
    Laursen

Ronaldo
    Lampard
    Ireland
    A. Young

Bellamy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

50 points
    lamps (cpt) 28
    Arteta 16
    Alonso 6
    No other scorer yesterday
    Traore (Portmouth) 0
    Boswinga 0

Had Ferdinand and Laursen for my back 4 so no luck there either
    VDS, Gabby, A Young, M King still there to do the biz for me.
    Elmander G Boateng and A O Brien to come in from bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

A whole 5 points so far, with 1 more to come from sub Hangelaand coming in fro Laursen. Vidic, cap Ronaldo, geovanni, a young and agbonlahor all to play.

Corluka and Cisse out for Lescott and C Cole for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

40 with Ronaldo (captain) Vidiv and Giovanni to play.

If Ronaldo can't score against Middlesborough I despair for the double game week. If he's not doing anything in those three games it's chop chop for Gerrard.

Lescott has paid back his 4 point hit with Interest, good boy.

Glad I nursed Zaki for those 5 weeks, he's starting to hit form again.

A big night for Ronaldo will push me right up there.

I can see Villa struggling without Laursen, especially against teams that pose an aerial threat, like.........well, Hull.

I need Ronaldo to score 6 goals tonight.

And then Young to get a few himself tomorrow to have any chance in my fantasy cup game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Ronaldo as captain lets me down again :( getting to the stage where the money would be better spent elsewhere, Gerrard and some money left over to invest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

I need to shake up my team and getting rid of that fecker Ronaldo will be the first step. Would like to bring in Gerard, Arteta, Lescott, Evra and Aglonbahor. Can be done at once with a 16 pt hit but have resisted so far. I may have to stage the transfers as I cannot see myself allowing such a pts hit in one week. Then again at least it would be done and dusted. I would'nt plan to go near the side again barring injuries / bans.

This game melts your head. I've gone ftom 2nd in my mini-league to 9th due to the last 2 gameweeks

Ronaldo is a gimp,

I'm sure the gimp will now go and score in the double game week,

just one mind, enough to make me wonder whether it's worth keeping him.

52 with Giovanni to go tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

He'll probably get 3 bonus points though :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

SickBoy wrote: »
    He'll probably get 3 bonus points though :P

Berbs nicked that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Ronaldo isnt worth it, he is off form this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Berbs nicked that. :D

Tht is so rediculous, I don't know where to begin. :rolleyes: The allocation of bonus points has been lazy to say the least. "Oh look, Berbatov scored, he must ahave played well"

40 points with Young to play tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Need a belter from Young to stay in the cup.

On a more positive note I'm on the fringes of the boards top 200 for the first time this year.

Ronaldo's getting the double game week to prove himself otherwise he's out and Stevie G and Lamps will be coming in.

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »

Ronaldo's getting the double game week to prove himself otherwise he's out and Stevie G and Lamps will be coming in.

Same here, I have Lampard already but will looking to bring in Gerrard although will he still be playing for Liverpool this season or another team :D;)

Poor week so far with only 37 pts. I needed Giovanni and King to do something special tonight against Villa. Tall order I knwo but just found out that both are on the bench. What a kick in the teeth.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

With a bit of luck they will get to come on and rescue the game :eek:

• Advertisement

I need Young and Gabby both to get hattricks and assist each other...

My son has a team that scored very well in the current game week with 92 pts. He is playing a 4-5-1 formation with King upfront on his lonesome. Would I be right in saying that if King do not come on during the game that the autosub process will bring on another forward to take his place. The reason I ask is that that although his next sub is Paintsil I’m guessing that at least one forward has to be on the pitch. Happy days if thats the case as his 2nd sub ws Torres who did not play and the 3rd sub that will hopefully come on is Cole with 11 pts. It would be a fantastic start for his fantasy football debut.

Please advise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Macker1 wrote: »
    My son has a team that scored very well in the current game week with 92 pts. He is playing a 4-5-1 formation with King upfront on his lonesome. Would I be right in saying that if King do not come on during the game that the autosub process will bring on another forward to take his place. The reason I ask is that that although his next sub is Paintsil I’m guessing that at least one forward has to be on the pitch. Happy days if thats the case as his 2nd sub ws Torres who did not play and the 3rd sub that will hopefully come on is Cole with 11 pts. It would be a fantastic start for his fantasy football debut.

Please advise

Yeah, at least 1 striker and 3 defenders must be fielded.

Well hopefully Marlon King will stay on the bench.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Not going happen given the way this match is going. If it stays tight Gio and King will be on to try and nick it.

Macker1 wrote: »
    Well hopefully Marlon King will stay on the bench.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Not going happen given the way this match is going. If it stays tight Gio and King will be on to try and nick it.

Feck that King is after getting on the pitch which means Cole and his 11 pts stay on the bench. Still 99 pts is a great score for the first week in the Midseason FF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Woo. Thought I was out of the cup to some joker who hasn't looked at her team since week 1. Young got me the assist to get me through but then the ref nearly took my cleanie away. Thank christ the lino was paying attention.

I keep my number 1 status too. I am your leader. Bow to me. Muhahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone think Insua is now first choice? Himself and Jonny Evans are very good value for regular top 4 defenders at the moment

Do Utd have 2 matches both this gameweek and the next? Ronaldo is really doing my head in, could sell him and Alonso for Gerrard and A Young

Do Utd have 2 matches both this gameweek and the next? Ronaldo is really doing my head in, could sell him and Alonso for Gerrard and A Young

Next week and gameweek 25.

I had transferred in Camara for free weeks ago just in case and Heskey goes and lamps himself and Camara comes if for an assist.

With his promotion to the first team for this week for Giovanni I now have

Zaki, Camara, Ronaldo (c) and Vidic playing twice this week.

Here's hoping Ronnie actually does something for once, no wait, twice ;)

56 points, have won my cup match and also move back up tp second place in my head to head league.

• Advertisement

I have Figueroa on the bench at the moment. I wonder is there any point in sticking him in the side with the two games this week for Wigan ? i would have him replacing either Upson or Carragher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I have Figueroa on the bench at the moment. I wonder is there any point in sticking him in the side with the two games this week for Wigan ? i would have him replacing either Upson or Carragher

I have him too and I'm going to play him. They have a home tie with Spurs and then away to UTD. Ignoring the UTD game I would fancy Wigan to keep a clean sheet at home to Spurs so I think most people would play him. Then anything they get against UTD is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

SickBoy wrote: »
    I have him too and I'm going to play him. They have a home tie with Spurs and then away to UTD. Ignoring the UTD game I would fancy Wigan to keep a clean sheet at home to Spurs so I think most people would play him. Then anything they get against UTD is a bonus.
    Either way, if you have a player that plays 90 mins every game and has a double gameweek you'd be mad not to play him. Playing the odds you have a very good chance of getting 6 points from a defender compared to another defender that only has one match to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭delspeed78

I was thinking of getting J.Evans in for the double gamesweek. Is he gauranteed to start both games?.....Also to everyone who doesn't have Ronaldo, Who are you making captain this week?..for some reason i am tempted to give it to Vidic but captaining defenders just doesn't seem right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

I'm making Vidic captain...in 4 gameweeks he has got me 38 points, and only one of them was as captain.

Not sure whether to play the following:

Reina

Scharner
    Vidic (c)
    A Cole
    L Young
    Mendy

Nasri
    Lampard

Anelka
    Agbonlahor
    Rooney

Subs: A Reid, Marney, Ireland (suspended)

or whether to put in A Reid (duno if he'll start or not but if he does i fancy him to do something against boro) and drop either Mendy or A Cole.

Suggestions??

My team

Schwarzer

Vidic Evra Taylor Boswinga

Ronaldo Gerrard Lampard Malbranque Dempsey

Cisse

• Advertisement

After the terrible gameweek two weeks ago I've made 4 changes.

Vidic, Lescott, Agbonlahor and Carlton Cole in.

O'Shea, Laursen, Fuller and Anelka out.

Shurwhynot wrote: »
    I'm making Vidic captain...in 4 gameweeks he has got me 38 points, and only one of them was as captain.

Not sure whether to play the following:

Reina

Scharner
    Vidic (c)
    A Cole
    L Young
    Mendy

Nasri
    Lampard

Anelka
    Agbonlahor
    Rooney

Subs: A Reid, Marney, Ireland (suspended)

or whether to put in A Reid (duno if he'll start or not but if he does i fancy him to do something against boro) and drop either Mendy or A Cole.

Suggestions??
    I would drop Mendy,i think that Hull are on a slippery slope and have been really dodgy lately.Stick Reid in.They are playing the Boro.

Ronaldo or Vidic as captain is the next dilemma?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

SantryRed wrote: »
    After the terrible gameweek two weeks ago I've made 4 changes.

Vidic, Lescott, Agbonlahor and Carlton Cole in.

O'Shea, Laursen, Fuller and Anelka out.
    Made 4 changes too.

Anelka, Arbeloa, Geovanni, Delap -> out

in <- Gerard, Zaki, Figueroa, Barmby

Hope they're worth it. :)
    SantryRed wrote: »
    Ronaldo or Vidic as captain is the next dilemma?
    Went with Ronaldo as I don't have Vidic. I have a feeling he'll do nothing but it's worth a punt anyway.

Ronaldo as captain.He has to come good sometime.Doesn´t he?

• Advertisement
Advertisement