Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Figueroa + Evra = :D

After a horror start to the season I'm now 200th in the boards league and rising by the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Figueroa + Evra = :D

+1 on that Gotta love Figueroa!

I'm currently sitting on 60 provisional points for this week. Not bad considering I predicted I'd get 34. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

34 Points, trasfered in Ferdinand this weekend also so only 8 of my players could score points :rolleyes: Need Ronaldo to score big during the week otherwise I'm out of the cup, if he doesn't score big he is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Who's this joker Rob Bolt of Dirty Sanchez FC? Joins the league this week and he is straight up to number 1 spot. Is he even a boardsie?

I'm fed up of these Johnny Come Latelys. The league should be closed for entries after the first few weeks. The administrator should kick him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I have Figueroa on the bench at the moment. I wonder is there any point in sticking him in the side with the two games this week for Wigan ? i would have him replacing either Upson or Carragher
    I hope you went with Figueroa in the end.

Who's this joker Rob Bolt of Dirty Sanchez FC? Joins the league this week and he is straight up to number 1 spot. Is he even a boardsie?

I'm fed up of these Johnny Come Latelys. The league should be closed for entries after the first few weeks. The administrator should kick him out.
    Yeah it's really annoying when people do that, someone a few posts back said that they just joined the FHM league and went straight in at No.1. I don't see the point in joining a league so late into it.

I'm 70 points this week with 3 Utd. and 3 Wigan players to play again. Disappointed I didn't have Vidic or Berbatov as my captain though, I stuck with Ronaldo again! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Are the fulham & Portsmouth games gonna be played this week?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Vidic as captain really paid off. 60 provisional points, 1104 altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

In fairness, closing the league mid season to new entrants would be unfair on people who sign up to boards, post in Soccer and want to join. I know if I signed up and already had a FF team I'd want to join the boards league.

On 52 with Ronaldo(C),Evra,Vidic and Taylor to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Im the admin for the Boards.ie league, if you all agree then I will close the league to new entrants?

Yep definitely close it off imo.

And next season there should be a cut off date. If you aren't in on time then tough shit. The people who are genuine boardsies will join the following year anyway.

I should have added a cut-off period alright. I will put this Friday as the cut off and what do you all think of removing any of the new entrants from the top 10 who joined in the last 2 weeks? Its a bit fairer to the regular Boardsie's?

jamesozzie wrote: »
    I should have added a cut-off period alright. I will put this Friday as the cut off and what do you all think of removing any of the new entrants from the top 10 who joined in the last 2 weeks? Its a bit fairer to the regular Boardsie's?

I'd PM them and ask them if they are on boards. If they say yes then tell them to post in this thread saying who they are.

If not then g'luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Let the cull begin .o>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I've been in the top ten in Boards nearly all season. When I was second two new entrants came in above me. Now I'm 5th and we have a new entrant that would have pushed me down out of 4th this week.

I think a cut off point indicated at the start of the year is fair. Advocating one now is fair. HOWEVER: Kicking recent joiners out smacks of sour grapes to me, and I have as much if nor more at stake as I'm pushing to win the fecker.

This game is supposed to be a bit of fun and you know what, anyone that comes in above me- fair fecks to them as long as they don't have duplicate teams as I know the effort that goes into a consistently good team. We don't have boards prizes so we're cutting people for what reason exactly? Jealousy?

I've been in the top ten in Boards nearly all season. When I was second two new entrants came in above me. Now I'm 5th and we have a new entrant that would have pushed me down out of 4th this week.

I think a cut off point indicated at the start of the year is fair. Advocating one now is fair. HOWEVER: Kicking recent joiners out smacks of sour grapes to me, and I have as much if nor more at stake as I'm pushing to win the fecker.

This game is supposed to be a bit of fun and you know what, anyone that comes in above me- fair fecks to them as long as they don't have duplicate teams as I know the effort that goes into a consistently good team. We don't have boards prizes so we're cutting people for what reason exactly? Jealousy?

As I said, if they can prove they're a boardsie then fair enough.

If not then they can gtfo, same goes for any of the other non-members in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Sherifu wrote: »
    Let the cull begin .o>

I say we take off and nuke the entire league from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

I don't think it's fair for Boards regulars to be fighting it out at the top of the league (not me btw! im far from the top) only for some non boards user (who was doing so well) overall to decide to join the league at the top more than halfway through the season.

I wont remove anyone from the league but from next gameweek onwards anyone who join's the league in the top 10 will be booted out? They obviously arn't boards regulars if they were signing up now and its unfair to the current top 10

To be honest James a lot of the top ten aren't even Boards regulars.

Conor White for example, but the fact remains, they got the code from somewhere and here is te most likely place. I think it's unfair to discriminate based on someone that is a regular, a lurker or even a randomer. We should have an inclusive family here not an exclusive one and at the end of the day it's only a bit of fun.

(though don't tell me that at 10 am on a saturday when two of defenders get injured)

• Advertisement

I'l leave the league the way it is although if some new users jumps into a top 10 place from now on I don't think that should be acceptable

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

58 points with Van der Saar, Evra and Vidic still to play.

Have captained Gerrard both home and away to Stoke now lol, not really paid off to how I would have imagined. Another day he would have had at least 15 points if it weren't for the post and bar.

Torres not starting was an epic fail but as a non-Ronaldo guy Torres is a must so long as he stays fit and over the longer scheme of things he will pay off in trumps, I'm confident of that.

Anyone got any news on Evra's injury. Haven't heard a thing but they released a statement on Ferdinands back. I suppose no news is good news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone got any news on Evra's injury. Haven't heard a thing but they released a statement on Ferdinands back. I suppose no news is good news?

Read an interview with Evra saying that he wasn't too concerned. it is an injury he has been carrying for a while now (since France vs Romania) and his foot seizes up from time to time. No info on whether he is out of tomorrows game yet though. As for Rio, he went for a scan yesterday afaik. No news, which to me indicates he is out of tomorrows game.

Looks like he might be back for wednesday

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4787132,00.html

Crap.Who do I get in for Evra?:confused:

Thinking either Figeuroa,Carvalho or Laursen.

I was in the same boat and it was a choice between Laursen and A Cole, I already have Vidic, Carra, Bosingwa and Lescott. I wanted another Chelsea simply because they and United have the best defensive records but Uniteds rotation at the back is a pain and Chelsea are playing the pool in three weeks whereas Villa have soft fixtures, away mind but you'd still expect them to win so I went with Lausen.

Here's hoping the press associations love of giving him bonus points for sfa continues.

Team for next gameweek

Schwarzer

Laursen Vidic Boswinga Taylor

Valencia Ronaldo Gerrard Lampard Dempsey

Cisse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Next year just lock the league after 5 gameweeks. Lock it now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

How about for next year, whoever admins the league only reveals the code via PM, and not on the main thread. That way, you must be at least signed up to boards to get the code. Might reduce the number of late comers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

balls... I figured Vidic's price would go up soon so I made my transfers today and brought him in...

O'Shea/Laursen out, Vidic/Olssen in... then I realised Evra is out for 3-4 weeks :mad:

Team looked strong 20 minutes ago...

Reina

Bosingwa Evra Vidic Young

Ronaldo Lampard Ireland Geovanni

Agbonlahor Zaki

Subs: Turnbull (GK), Ameobi, Olssen, Andrews

Ireland is still suspended and Evra is out now... should have copped that before the transfers! Will need to play 2 of my three (rubbish) subs now :(

Might throw in Turnbull and Olssen and hope for a boring 0-0 draw with Middlesbrough and West Brom

Makes no odds to me.I am still going to win it!;):D

roryc wrote: »
    balls... I figured Vidic's price would go up soon so I made my transfers today and brought him in...

O'Shea/Laursen out, Vidic/Olssen in... then I realised Evra is out for 3-4 weeks :mad:

Team looked strong 20 minutes ago...

Reina

Bosingwa Evra Vidic Young

Ronaldo Lampard Ireland Geovanni

Agbonlahor Zaki

Subs: Turnbull (GK), Ameobi, Olssen, Andrews

Ireland is still suspended and Evra is out now... should have copped that before the transfers! Will need to play 2 of my three (rubbish) subs now :(

Might throw in Turnbull and Olssen and hope for a boring 0-0 draw with Middlesbrough and West Brom

I'd be looking to get rid of Geovanni and Evra.Maybe Geovanni to Dempsey or Murphy.Evra to Carragher/Laursen/Carvalho.

I've got a bit of a crisis on my hands now. Evra, Zayatte, Ireland and Bullard set to miss out this week and I've got Lescott going up against a Liverpool attack at Anfield. Looks like I'll have to make extra transfers.

• Advertisement

Gettin rid of Ronaldo after this week....jesus it opens me up to really play around with my team....dunno wat to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Gettin rid of Ronaldo after this week....jesus it opens me up to really play around with my team....dunno wat to do!

I dont have Ronaldo myself but I think it mightnt be the best time to get rid of him. I have a feeling he will start scoring soon. United have some good fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

See how he does tonight anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Swap Ronaldo for Kaka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I dont have Ronaldo myself but I think it mightnt be the best time to get rid of him. I have a feeling he will start scoring soon. United have some good fixtures coming up.
    It's all pretty much dependant on how well he does tonight really.

He got an assist in the last match so if he gets anything tonight it might be a start to a run of form.

Getting rid of him now frees up a whole heap of cash and he's not really gonna go up by much in value if he does hit form as he's at 14.6 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

evra ireland robinho hamann all injured in my team.
    Been plummetting in the leagues the last couple of weeks :( from 420 to 575 in the boards one.

is laursen full recovered - safe replacement for evra?

edit: hope so he's bought now anyway
    team now:

given (myhill)
    laursen carragher bosingwa hangeland (o'brien)
    lampard ronaldo ireland (geovanni, hamann)
    robinho cisse zamora

geovanni is 1st sub.

Another Ronaldo assist!:)

Another Ronaldo assist!:)

I will only :) if he follows it up with at least three goals tonight

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I will only :) if he follows it up with at least three goals tonight
    Why not 4?:D

Why not 4?:D

Even better :) I need him to score for any chance of getting into the nxt round of the cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Want him to score to recover from a ****ty week with Fulham players :)

That is it, Ronaldo gone,waste of money :mad:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    That is it, Ronaldo gone,waste of money :mad:

Why do you say that? He's picked up 12 points for me. I'm very pleased with that return.

I'm up to 68 points altogether and pushing outside the top twenty of the Boards league. Nice to be back on form after some miserable weeks recently.

Why do you say that? He's picked up 12 points for me. I'm very pleased with that return.

I'm up to 68 points altogether and pushing outside the top twenty of the Boards league. Nice to be back on form after some miserable weeks recently.

If he was a few million cheaper than yes that would be good,but for his cost he needs to be scoring higher for me, could have Gerrard just as good a points scorer actually better and still have money to spend elsewhere, have yet to use my wildcard this season but think the time has come to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

lol at the bonus points from tonights game

Bramble - 3
    Cattermole - 2
    Rooney - 1

wtf? None for Vidic, Rooney gets one despite only playing for 6 mins???????

• Advertisement
Advertisement