Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

This week transfered in SWP for the doubler:

1: Friedel

2: Young L
    3: Evra
    4: Paintsil
    5: Vidic (C)
    6: Bosingwa

7: Arteta
    8: Ireland
    9: Wright- Phillips

10: Agbonlahor
    11: Berbatov

Bench: C. Cole, Denilson, Palacios, SChwarzer

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

GK--VDS

DEF--R.FERDINAND
    DEF--L.YOUNG
    DEF--HANGELAND
    DEF--BRIDGE

MID--RONALDO(C)
    MID--LAMPARD
    MID--IRELAND
    MID--D.MURPHY

CF--BELLAMY
    CF--RVP

Figs out and bridge in, only change, should be strong for the double gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

KevIRL wrote: »
    For the doubler

Schwarzer

Vidic
    Boswinga
    Paintsill

Ronaldo (c)
    Lampard
    Ireland
    Dempsey

Berbatov
    Bellamy

C Cole

Very solid looking team for this week's fixtures. Am a bit worried that the Fulham lads won't get much out of away trips to Wigan and United. Their away form is shocking.

Me:

Schwarzer
    Hangeland
    Carragher
    Boswinga
    O'Shea (May not start but should get a run out)
    Lampard
    Ronaldo (C)
    Ireland
    De Jong (Yes De Jong. You heard it here first)
    Van Persie
    Zaki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

This week transfered in SWP for the doubler:

He will probably only get to play one of the games, then get banned for 3 matches for his kick out at Delap:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4898724,00.html

You are actually lucky because it looked like he would be banned for saturday, but city have had the hearing postponed until monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Brought my wildard into play :D

1: Van Der Sar
    2: Lescott
    3: Bramble
    4: Vidic
    5: Paintsil
    6: Ronaldo
    7: Young
    8: Arteta
    9: Ireland
    11: Cole

SUBS
    12: Schwarzer
    13: Melchiot
    14: Cisse

I don't know what team to pick :(
    15: Collison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

SantryRed wrote: »
    Brought my wildard into play :D

11: Cole

SUBS
    14: Cisse

I don't know what team to pick :(
    You used your wildcard with a double week coming up and you only picked a team that has 5 players playing 2 matches?

You could of used it a bit more wisely imo. You can still change before the deadline.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You used your wildcard with a double week coming up and you only picked a team that has 5 players playing 2 matches?

You could of used it a bit more wisely imo. You can still change before the deadline.

I looked around and decided to leave it at 5. Would cost me points to get players back in and I also have some players who valuation is more now than what I got them for.

Cheers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

WIth Lampards red card being rescinded, Are his points going to change any or will he still be -2 ?

• Advertisement

WIth Lampards red card being rescinded, Are his points going to change any or will he still be -2 ?

He'll still be on the -2 (unfortunatley)

I would imagine that it'd be just too difficult to start awarding the points back because of the implications of head to heads and cup matches etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

1: Schwarzer
    3: Clichy
    4: Konchesky
    5: Cole A
    6: Ronaldo (C)
    7: Kuyt
    9: Torres
    10: Bellamy
    11: Jo

12: Turnbull
    13: De Ridder
    14: Olsson
    15: Delap

Had to take eight points due to getting massacred with injuries/suspenion last week - Had Defoe, Owen and Guitterez in there as well as Delap and Olsson. Even still Olsson and Delap are out injured so hoping I don't need to use my bench.

Bringing in Jo is a bit of a gamble but I'm hoping Everton continue their decent run and I reckon he is a shoe-in for some serious game time given the situation with Everton's forwards. Fingers crossed he actually does something but at 7.6m he is a potential bargain. In a bit of a minority with this as only somehting like 1669 people have transferred him in this week.

I'm a bit scared that Kuyt might not get a run and givn his recent form I will be looking to move him on soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

O'Shea should definitely start tomorrow, for any of those counting on this (me included!)

BBC wrote:
    Wayne Rooney and Patrice Evra could make the bench on Sunday, but the Reds will travel to Upton Park without skipper Gary Neville.

At his pre-match press conference on Friday, Sir Alex said neither Rooney nor Evra would be fit to start against West Ham, but anticipated both players could still play a part in Sunday's encounter.

With Gary Neville ruled out, Wes Brown us expected to fill the right back berth, despite picking up a minor knock as a substitute against Everton

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    O'Shea should definitely start tomorrow, for any of those counting on this (me included!)

Hmm...what happens if I have O'Shea on my team and he starts on Sunday but is dropped on Wednesday? Will a sub come in for Wednesday or is he locked into the team because he already played in the gameweek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hmm...what happens if I have O'Shea on my team and he starts on Sunday but is dropped on Wednesday? Will a sub come in for Wednesday or is he locked into the team because he already played in the gameweek?

He's locked into the team unless he plays 0 minutes in both matches.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Haha! Talk about wishful thinking! :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Opinions for Captain: Robinho or Berbatov?

roryc wrote: »

(Burns) Excellent........

Mezcita wrote: »
    (Burns) Excellent........

Yeah but he may not start on Wednesday. I think Brown has a much better chance to play both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I brought in Bellamy (shudder) and Ireland due to City's double gameweek. I also toyed with the idea of bringing in Jo, but like Mark Hughes, I still haven't made my mind up on him. Add to watchlist possibly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

besty wrote: »
    I brought in Bellamy (shudder) and Ireland due to City's double gameweek. I also toyed with the idea of bringing in Jo, but like Mark Hughes, I still haven't made my mind up on him. Add to watchlist possibly..
    I brought in Keane before I realised City were playing two games. Bastards still would have made it 4 points to change to Belllamy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just realised Pennant is ineligible to play against Pool.... :(

My team for this gameweek

Schwarzer

O shea Vidic Boswinga Lescott

Dempsey Ireland Ronaldo(C) Lampard Arteta

Bellamy

Mezcita wrote: »
    De Jong (Yes De Jong. You heard it here first)

6 points for De Jong. I'll be back with the winning numbers for the Lotto later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Nice one Fulham on the clean sheet. 32 points in total today before bonus.

4 to play tomorrow (including capt Ronaldo)

another 8 on the double then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

KevIRL wrote: »
    Nice one Fulham on the clean sheet. 32 points in total today before bonus.

4 to play tomorrow (including capt Ronaldo)

another 8 on the double then :D

Same as myself but only three for tomorrow.
    Glad I went with Given so far instead of Schwarzer, was going to get rid of Zaki but Mido looks to be injured for a while.

11: Cisse

SUBS
    14: Cole

Delighted with my week so far. Every defender and midfielder who played today got a clean sheet. Arteta scored along with Agbonlahor. Looking good this week.

No goals conceded by anyone in my team, including strikers with 2 united players to play tomorrow!

Only one goal and one assist but I have 44 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

43 point with Vidic, Berba(c) and RVP to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

SantryRed wrote: »
    Delighted with my week so far. Every defender and midfielder who played today got a clean sheet. Arteta scored along with Agbonlahor. Looking good this week.

You were unfortunate not to have 2 from Arteta, he had gone off just before Everton got their second peno.

I was glad he was gone though as my cup opponent has him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Knocked out last week by 1 point :mad: F*cking Chelsea V Liverpool referee sending off Lampard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I got bored this week and made a load of changes - doesn't really matter when your #1000and something!

46 pts.
    Schwarzer:)
    back four of Terry, Hangeland, Carragher, and bought Bramble for the craic this week 6pts:P
    Swapping Steinsson (bench) for Hangeland paid off:P
    MF - Ireland, Arteta, Malbranque
    Cole(c), Abonlahor and Arshavin (he's probably still on a plane):pac:

Bench - Reina, Gerrard, Stenison, Marney
    so 4pt on the beach and a change in captaincy would have brought optimum points but I had my fun:D

Only got 1 bonus point off Arteta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

how come this person has four people from everton in their team?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/eventhist.mc?id=1609063&event=25

papagormo wrote: »

Coz if a player transfers (Jo from Citeh to Everton) you get to keep them. If he transfers one out though he'll have to go back to three

papagormo wrote: »

Because they had Jo when he was at City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

d'oh!:o

3: Clichy
    5: Cole A
    7: Kuyt
    9: Torres
    11: Jo

12: Turnbull
    13: De Ridder
    14: Olsson
    15: Delap

Had to take eight points due to getting massacred with injuries/suspenion last week - Had Defoe, Owen and Guitterez in there as well as Delap and Olsson. Even still Olsson and Delap are out injured so hoping I don't need to use my bench.

Bringing in Jo is a bit of a gamble but I'm hoping Everton continue their decent run and I reckon he is a shoe-in for some serious game time given the situation with Everton's forwards. Fingers crossed he actually does something but at 7.6m he is a potential bargain. In a bit of a minority with this as only somehting like 1669 people have transferred him in this week.

I'm a bit scared that Kuyt might not get a run and givn his recent form I will be looking to move him on soon enough.

Been basking in my monster haul of 64 points from yesterday with Clichy and Ronaldo (captain) to play today. The boy Jo played a blinder with 15 points :D, Fulham Villa and Chelsea all with clean sheets and Torres and Kuyt bagging 15 points between them despite both not coming on until the second half. Bellamy chipping in with a goal heloed out as well ;)

Hoping for a Ronaldo hat-trick in a 4-3 loss to West Ham today :p

Plus these players to play a second time - if things go well could well be punishing the magic 100 barrier and pretty much a shoe in for a plus 80 point haul :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Jo is a steal at 7.6 get him while hes still that money. Whats up with Robinho seems to have gone quiet since his AWOL 'holiday'

Great to see Shay get 10...HHHhmmmm looks at keeper options :)

And that's a clean sheet for Clichy - sadly only 5 points as he picked up in the yellow:p. Outside chance of an odd bonus point as well :p

Clean sheet for all four defenders and keeper is yummy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

58 points so far with 8 players to play their 2nd game.It'll be a good week.

45 with Belhadj, Bridge, Ireland, Pennant and Berbatov (C) to play again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

60 points with Van Der Sar, Vidic(c), Pantsil, Ireland, Robinho and Berbatov to play a second game.

A solid 56 even with Brown not playing (I was stunned to see Da Silva start). If Brown doesn't play Wednesday night, Figueroa will come in for 5 points.

VDS, Brown(!), Ronaldo, Ireland, Bellamy and (insert Man City defender that sounds like Obama). Hoping Ronaldo does something worthy of his selection as captain!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

47 points with nine players left to play in the midweek games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

55 with 6 left to play again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

48 with Schwarzer, Ronaldo (C), O'Shea, Berbatov, Ireland and Robinho to go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

49 points with Schwarzer, Vidic, Brown (if he doesnt start - then Paintstil will come in), Zabeleta, Ronaldo (C), Ireland, Davies all to play again so hopefully these 7 should bring me up to 80points or more :)

59 points with O Shea, Ronaldo, Vidic, Schwarzer, Bellamy, Dempsey and Ireland to play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

52 with Schwatzer, Ferdinand, Bridge, Ronaldo (c), Dempsey, Ireland, Robinho and Berbatov still to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

how did Quaresma play on sat? would he be a good buy at 8.0?

• Advertisement
Advertisement