Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

Lescott starts on the bench!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Macker1 wrote: »
    Vidic is not crossed out in the above team after the points hit. ;)

The formatting is actually there but it won't strikeout for some reason :|

Anyway, tis gonna be a bad week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

fcuk moyes anyway.

First he rests lescott just in case he picks up a booking to miss an fa cup game, then when a defender gets injured he brings on a half fit midfielder for him instead of lescott.

yes lescott is my captain this week :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, I hate Moyes after this.What's he playin at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Nah Moyes is a legend. Assist by bargain Baines. Goal by captain Cahill.

Marvellous.

Lescott was about to come on.I hate Saha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Cahill as captain has worked out nicely - as he's surely a shoe in for some bonus points - just a shame about the disallowed goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

have cahill with the armband aswell. Hopefully him and jagielka pick up a few bonus aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good oul Bainesy pickin up 9 points

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

have cahill with the armband aswell. Hopefully him and jagielka pick up a few bonus aswell.

From what I've read/heard those two and Baines have to be favourites for the bonus points - my prediction/hope is Cahill 3, Baines 2 and Jagielka 1, although trying to predict bonus points is a mugs game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lescott doesn't play, Cech concedes late on, not looking forward to this week's points tally.

Mark Scwarzer is a clean sheet merchant!

Xavi6 wrote: »

Could have went with him but thought he'd have a miserable afternoon against Van Persie and co.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

35 points pre bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

My defense has not conceded a goal in four games now

• Advertisement

33 points with 6 to play.I wish Lescott has played though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Amen, he's great at the moment. Just as well cause i've no proper replacement.

I have 18 from 4 players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sherifu wrote: »
    Amen, he's great at the moment. Just as well cause i've no proper replacement.

I have 18 from 4 players.

48 with 4 to play. Decent return given the number of changes everyone had tomake this week. Captain Cahill did well as did Jagielka, Lampard and Baines. Should get some decent bonus points..if anyone other than Cahill gets the 3 this week it will be a disgrace.

Ireland, Bellamy, Mendy and Davies to play. Hoping for 16-20 from those 4.

RVP has been in the last chance saloon for 2 weeks. If it was anyone other than WBA next week, he'd be gone. Anelka dropped back to the wing today-he would have been my replacement.

46 points after the bonus, with 6 left to play.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    48 with 4 to play. Decent return given the number of changes everyone had tomake this week. Captain Cahill did well as did Jagielka, Lampard and Baines. Should get some decent bonus points..if anyone other than Cahill gets the 3 this week it will be a disgrace.

Jagielka 3 points, Baines 2 points, Cahill 1 point. Cahill was captain so hoping for more for him. 3 more on Shwarzer so I'm now on 61.

• Advertisement

Up to 24 now.

10 from Schwarz, 10 from Lamps, 4 from Jo and Bos was suspened.

31 so far. 5 including the skipper to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Schwarzer is a god amongst men.

38 with 4 to play. Only have 9 players to get points this week.

Up to 45 after the bonus points.

A disappointing 11 points with 6 still to play. Gutted I left Schwarzer on the bench. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

should have made jagielka captain :mad:

35 points with 4 left to play and Lescott scoring 0 as captain is disappointing.

With Vidic, Ronaldo & berbatov on the bench there'll be no help from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

45 pts, nearly half coming from my captain Lamps. 3 more to play:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Looking through one of my private leagues there and it amazes me that pople still have RVP in their team, and as captain...

3rd best striker (by points) in the league.

Agree that he is on a poor run at the moment though.

Mezcita wrote: »
    3rd best striker (by points) in the league.

Agree that he is on a poor run at the moment though.

Aye, but it's madness to leave him in when we haven't even scored in four games...

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, they've been poor this season.

Does a lot though, assuming he gets the ball. Good for the odd bonus as well. Not sure who to dump him for.

Good for the odd bonus as well. Not sure who to dump him for.

Not another Arsenal Player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Finally having Keith Andrews in my team paid off!

Brought in Warnock aswell cos Blackburn have a double gameweek coming up, he scores and assists Andrews for 13 points! Would have been 18 only that he got a yellow card and hull scored late...

56 points this week, not bad....

My worst week of the season. A paltry 19 points which plunges me down to 67th in the Boards League.

The fact I transferred in Gamst-Pedersen and the wally went and got sent off pretty much capped off the weekend really!

Bring on the next round...

The fact I transferred in Gamst-Pedersen and the wally went and got sent off pretty much capped off the weekend really!

+1 :(

67 points this week, happy with that.I finished 1st in the league for February, now pushing for a top 100 place.

Lescott not playing worked out well as Collision came on for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

After a triple injury blow I burnt my wildcard last week and dropped some dead weight aswell. 58 points for this week, not bad and back to moving up inside the top 200 of the boards league aswell as being top of a couple of my other smaller leagues

My worst week of the season. A paltry 19 points which plunges me down to 67th in the Boards League.

Bring on the next round...

I almost transferred him earlier today. But decided to hold off just in case.

Phew!

60 points this week

An average enough 42 has me 152nd in the Boards league.

• Advertisement

64 for me. The decision to drop Schwarzer for Duke now looks like complete and utter madness.

64 for me. The decision to drop Schwarzer for Duke now looks like complete and utter madness.

The thing I've found with Schwarzer is that even if Fulham get battered he still always picks up bonus points and save points which makes up for the lack of clean sheet bonus.

Wouldn't dream of dropping him any week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

A Monster 65 and I'm up to 355th in the world :D and 6th in Boards.

Schwartzer 10
    Lamps 10
    Jagielka 9

Beattie with an assist, Ashbee comes off the bench to score.:P

The only thing that mucked it was having Lescott and with Ronaldo, Vidic and Bosingwa benched nothing to come in.

I have a secret weapon captain this week!

The only problem I have is who to drop, C. Cole, Beattie or Ireland. Man C are home to Villa, Stoke home to in-form Bolton and West Ham away, so Ireland is the percentage call drop but I just can't. I think Cole may warm the bench this week.

Will Lescott start or are they going to wrap him in cotton wool until after the FA cup quarter final?

Warnock proved an inspired transfer this week and Cole bless his heart came in with 3 bonus points. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Thinking of dropping Agbonlahor soon, only scored 1 in his last 10 games. Anyone got any suggestions? (same value or less btw).. Nice 54 pts this week aswell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The thing I've found with Schwarzer is that even if Fulham get battered he still always picks up bonus points and save points which makes up for the lack of clean sheet bonus.

Wouldn't dream of dropping him any week.
    I've had him in since the beginning of the season and he's been a great buy. I have Green also and at the beginning of the season I just rotated them and it generally got me a good return.

Why anybody would pay an extra 2m for the likes of Cech or Reina I'll never understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It's depressing reading this thread every week as it only seems to be people that are doing well that reply. :(

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Thinking of dropping Agbonlahor soon, only scored 1 in his last 10 games. Anyone got any suggestions? (same value or less btw).. Nice 54 pts this week aswell..

Beattie looks a steal at £5.6m. Highest points average in the game at the moment. I'm losing patience with expensive strikers who don't score enough goals.

51 points which is good seeming as Lescott(C) didn't even start.I was watching a stream and he was about to come on when that stupid sicknote Saha scored!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

67 points this week, very happy with that, made two transfers this week that worked out very well,got rid of Rio Ferdinand for Baines and got rid of Dempsey for Cahill, could have been an event better week,but chose to give the captaincy to RVP rather than Lampard.

Hit the big 70 this week thanks to Lampard (10), Baines (11) Schwarzer (10) and captain Cahill (18). Had 4 playing yesterday who brought in total of 9 points :(

Ireland isn't doing a tap points-wise, but he's definately feast or famine...I'll drip him and he'll score 15 :)

So up 100 places on boards and have made good ground in other leagues.

• Advertisement
Advertisement