Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Well I can't fault you on that front as I thought the same, that's why neither Arshavin or Cesc got the nod for the captain's band this week.

Now "that's" mad!!!

68pts. in 8 games. His price will rocket over the week.

Yeah, somewhat inspired I thought. Ho hum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

70 points with only 9 of my players playing! Not half bad. Arshavin of course tipped the balance but also had Carrick, Ireland and a couple of clean sheets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

I dont understand how they allocated the bonus points anymore, Lescott gets the 3 and Yobo gets the 2 when all throughout the match`tonight Baines was the outstanding defender and doesn't get squat. Also a 1 point bonus for Kalou who only played 32 minutes, yes he made an impact and i would understand if he scored or changed the outcome but he didn't, it seems like madness to me or maybe I am missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

token56 wrote: »
    I dont understand how they allocated the bonus points anymore, Lescott gets the 3 and Yobo gets the 2 when all throughout the match`tonight Baines was the outstanding defender and doesn't get squat. Also a 1 point bonus for Kalou who only played 32 minutes, yes he made an impact and i would understand if he scored or changed the outcome but he didn't, it seems like madness to me or maybe I am missing something?

Agreed.

And Crouch got 1 BP in the United game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ended up with 53 points. Meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

85, Arshavin as captain being the reason it was a good week.

Can't understand how Lescott and Yobo were preferred to Baines for Bonus points, Baines was outstanding, the mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

74 points largely thanks to Arshavin :) though made Ronaldo captain this week :( I had dropped Ireland but RVP did not play, thankfully Ireland was my first substitute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Surely having Arshavin as capt this week was pure poxiness and luck rather than good judgment but the guy is the best pts scorer per game after that performance and being ineligible for the CL means he is getting 100% gametime - pity its too late for me now to get him. Next year maybe but Wenger will rotate depending on the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Warper wrote: »
    Surely having Arshavin as capt this week was pure poxiness and luck rather than good judgment but the guy is the best pts scorer per game after that performance
    A bit of both. He got 12pts in his last game, so if you stuck with the most important rule of FF (picking form players) good judgement would've definitely have been a factor, but in this game you always need luck on your side too.

pity its too late for me now to get him. Next year maybe but Wenger will rotate depending on the opposition.
    Too late? Famous last words. Still 5 games to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Hit my target anyways - got over the 70 mark - 71 to be exact :D

Up to 27 in this league now and still climbing :rolleyes:

Looks like Skrtel is now a bench warmer for Liverpool - so he should be getting the chop this week...

Any news on Gerrard though??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

64. Ronaldo as captain worked a treat. :rolleyes:

Surely having Arshavin as capt this week was pure poxiness and luck rather than good judgment

How luck?
    He's been fantastic since joining, impressing in nearly every game. He's a great shout for Captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Frisbee wrote: »
    How luck?
    He's been fantastic since joining, impressing in nearly every game. He's a great shout for Captain

I think he means because they were playing Liverpool. People generally don't make players captain when they are playing a big 4 team.

56 points.Not great but ok.

Will Gerrard play this weekend? Anyone got any info...

Got Skrtel as well who seems to be down the pecking order again with Agger playing the last two games...

Beattie is injured too so I'll need to make at least one transfer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

thewools wrote: »
    Will Gerrard play this weekend? Anyone got any info...

Got Skrtel as well who seems to be down the pecking order again with Agger playing the last two games...

Beattie is injured too so I'll need to make at least one transfer...

There is a fair bit of uncertainty about Gerrard - should be a press conference this afternoon when things might be cleared up a bit.

Don't know if Skrtel is that far down the pecking order. There is talk that Sami is nursing an injury at the moment so at worst Skrtel is third choice.
    It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Rafa will switch him with Agger and there may just be an outside chance of Rafa resting Carra given the amount of football he has played this season. (Probably very slight but with Rafa you never know)

Also tip for the weekend - Torres as captain against Hull ; 5 goals in his last 4games - against Chelsea *2 , Arsenal and Blackburn. Hull have the 2nd worst defence in the league and are joint worst at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Also tip for the weekend - Torres as captain against Hull ; 5 goals in his last 4games - against Chelsea *2 , Arsenal and Blackburn. Hull have the 2nd worst defence in the league and are joint worst at home.

I would have been thinking Arshavin or Fabregas against Boro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

SickBoy wrote: »
    I would have been thinking Arshavin or Fabregas against Boro?

Maybe but don't have either in my team ;)

I think even if I did, I'd still go for Torres - looks back to his best and I just think he is due to pick up a bagful - I think he had something like 6 shots on target against Arsenal.

If I had to pick between the two Arsenal I'd go for Arshavin as opposed to Fabregas - seeing as Arshavin won't be playing in the CL whereas Fabregas will.

Also I think there might a better chance of a battling perfomance from Boro as opposed to Hull. Boro have pulled one or two perfomances out of the bag in the last while but Hull has been consistently schocking the last while and if not for their early season success would be much further down the table.

Didnt realise this was at the Emirates though -thought it was a home game for Boro

Some stats on Hull
    1. Not won in five Premier League matches; two points out of 15.

2. Won one of 17 Premier League matches; a 0-1 victory away to Fulham on 4 March.

3. Come from behind 13 times in Premier League matches this season, and gained 12 points from losing positions (won three and drawn three).

4. On the longest current run of any club of nine Premier League matches since scoring more than a single goal in a match.

5. Bottom of the Premier League's "home" table with 14 points.

6. Not beaten any current top six club at the KC Stadium, and only beaten West Ham, Fulham and Middlesbrough in top-flight games on home turf.

7. Averaging a goal a game in league matches at the KC; 16 in 16.

8. Still to play two of the top five clubs among their four remaining fixtures after this; Aston Villa (a) on 4 May and Manchester United (h) in the last match of the season on 24 May. A home clash with Stoke and an away match with Bolton are scheduled before the visit of the Red Devils.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8000571.stm

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has been ruled out of making a return to the side for the trip to Hull as he is still sidelined by a groin injury.

However, Reds boss Rafael Benitez is hopeful the midfielder will be fit to play against Newcastle next weekend.

Dont want to transfer him but looks like I might have to now...

Team for this week

Schwarzer

Baines Vidic Shawcross Bramble

Dempsey Barry Ronaldo Lamps Ireland

Arshavin

Subs:Sorenson,Mendy,Beattie miller

Any ideas on what to do with my free transfer.

• Advertisement

Dazzler your team pretty solid... You might not need a sub???

I Subbed out both Gerrard and Skrtel for Vidic and A.Young this week... :cool:

thewools wrote: »
    Dazzler your team pretty solid... You might not need a sub???

I Subbed out both Gerrard and Skrtel for Vidic and A.Young this week... :cool:
    Good decision about Gerrard although I would have brought in Barry instead of Young.I just have 3.4 million in the bank and feel like I would be wasting it not putting on somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Used my wild card this week, just because I hate having it hanging over my head when it comes to these decisions!

Schwarzer
    Vidic Figeroa Melchiot
    Ronaldo Ireland Murphy Davies
    Arshavin Torres King

Subs: Faye Ab, Geovanni, Turner

Dunno who to captain :/
    Any advice in general anyways? Thanks!

doonothing wrote: »
    Used my wild card this week, just because I hate having it hanging over my head when it comes to these decisions!

Schwarzer
    Vidic Figeroa Melchiot
    Ronaldo Ireland Murphy Davies
    Arshavin Torres King

Subs: Faye Ab, Geovanni, Turner

Dunno who to captain :/
    Any advice in general anyways? Thanks!

I wouldn't buy King, change him to Beattie, back next week.If I had to choose between Ronnie and Lamps, I would choose Lamps.Murphy out, Fulham don't have great fixtures.How much have you left in the bank?

Team for this week

Schwarzer

Baines Vidic Shawcross Bramble

Dempsey Barry Ronaldo Lamps Ireland

Arshavin

Subs:Sorenson,Mendy,Beattie miller

Any ideas on what to do with my free transfer.

Might be able to squeeze in Torres if I sell Vidic for Alex.Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Brought Arshavin in for Beattie this week.

Now him or Torres for captain, swaying towards Arshavin at the moment.

Spent 4 more points, definite team for this week

Schwarzer

Baines Alex Bramble Shawcross

Ronaldo Lamps Barry ireland

Arshavin(C) Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Spent 4 more points, definite team for this week

Schwarzer

Baines Alex Bramble Shawcross

Ronaldo Lamps Barry ireland

Arshavin(C) Torres

Very solid looking team.

Me:

Schwarzer

Evra (Double game week coming up), Hangeland, Carragher, Baines

Lampard, Cahill, Ronaldo, Ireland, Taylor,

Arshavin (C)

Only worry is that some big players might get rested because of the Champions League games mid week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Close to my team

Schwartzer,

A. Cole Evra Baines Jagielka Carragher

Lampard Fellanii Ronaldo Davis

Ardshavin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Schwarzer

Ferdinand
    Cahill
    Baines

Ronaldo
    Ireland
    Nasri
    Osman
    Benayoun

Arshavin (C)
    Robinho

Subs: Myhill, Figueroa, K. Davies, Olsson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Does anyone know if Felliani will start? The everton fans think he's going to be used lightly over the next few weeks to avoid getting a ban (yellow cards)

Does anyone know if Felliani will start? The everton fans think he's going to be used lightly over the next few weeks to avoid getting a ban (yellow cards)

He's on 13 yellows.I wouldn't worry till he is on his 14th.

25 mins gone.No goals:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How did everyone do today? I bet some of you hit the jackpot, yes? I ended up with 56 points from 10 players which I think is respectable enough. I captained Schwarzer which got me 12 points but Cech would have doubled that for me if I'd gone with him instead. :mad:

My defenders were crap but Ronaldo, Modric, Ireland and Dempsey all contributed well. Happy enough overall.

• Advertisement

55 thanks to Robby, Superman and Ronny.

Still have captain Arshavin and Nasri to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I dropped Ireland for the second week in a row, luckily last week RVP did not play so Ireland came in as sub and this week Lescott has not played,lucky me :P

A good day with my midfield of Irleand, Kuyt, Ronaldo, Lampard and Lennon getting 51 but the remaining 3 that played yesterday (VDS, Baines and Shawcross) only netting 4.

55 with Crouch, Hreidarrson and Arshavin (c) to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

66 with crouch and zaki to play. Geovanni is first sub.

63 points so far with Kaboul and Bendtner to play....

Should ahve kept Ronnie as captain...:mad:

• Advertisement

Arshavin is going to run riot today.I can feel it!:)

Arshavin with the assist for Fabregas

72 for me, though I had feckin 12 point Olsson on the bench :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

74 for me this week. Up to 81 in the Boards League.
    Would've been much higher by now but for some reason this season I've been unable to pick the right captain each week.
    I have Lampard (8), Ronaldo(14), Fabregas(16) & Arshavin in my team and I went with Arshavin.

On the plus side, I only need one more win to sow up the head to head league. Are there any prizes for winning the head to head league?

69 with Hreidarrson and Crouch to play. I have cut the deficit between the leader in my minileague from 78 to 51 over the last 2 weeks so if I can get some little joy tonight in the way of a clean sheet or a Crouch goal/assist I may have a chance of catching him. The latter looks more likely.

If I can get to within 40, all I need is one lucky week to be neck and neck. Only problem is that we share 6 players :(

I need crouch to only get 1 point tomorrrow and I win my head to head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

71 with Crouch left. Im so close to breaking into the top 1000 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

weighed up the opposition this week and thought id still have a chance of winning in the cup if i took an 8 point hit due to severe injuries. I was 34 points behind yesterday and now im 7 ahead but he has 2 pompey defenders to play so hopefully newcastle can get something from the game tonight and give me the win, the league leader has also lost so that will put me 2 points behind him with us playing next week. nervous times to say the least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Only 53 this week with 1 to play tonight. Should have got alot more, if only I captained Ronaldo instead of Torres. And my defence had a nightmare

63 with no-one left to play.
    Adebayor getting a few minutes at the end kept Dempsey and his 6 points on the bench :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement