Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Click on Leagues on the left hand side.

The screen will list all the leagues you are in. Across from each league name is a link to "Leave League?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Almunia

Scharner
    Young L
    Laursen

Modric
    Barry
    Lampard
    Nasri
    Butt

Adebayor
    Defoe

Schwarzer
    O'Brien A
    Kitson
    Wheater

finshed at last. would really like some feedback though. still have 0.5 left, but that's being kept with a move in mind for the near future... unless someone can change my mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is anyone letting sentimentality come into it? I didn't initially have Tevez but as a United fan I felt compelled to pick him as I'd just be gutted if he scored and I hadn't got him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i know what you mean and to make it worse rooney is starting too and he has a great record against newcastle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think 7.5 on Nasri is a bit of a risk plus he missed their last game with an injury so might not start tommorow, id sooner go for Downing who gets a huge amount of assists for Boro or Petrov at City.
    MNG wrote:
    Is anyone letting sentimentality come into it? I didn't initially have Tevez but as a United fan I felt compelled to pick him as I'd just be gutted if he scored and I hadn't got him.

I dont think I am although I did pick 3 Villa players but they are quality players that are in a big amount of teams Luke Young (Villa's only RB guaranteed to play) Laursen (def who is a threat for headed goals) and A.Young (hes great)

I actually have my quota of Pool players too! again though all top class Reina, Torres & Gerrard.

No Chelsea or Arsenal players though and only Evra from United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

Final team:

Reina
    Ferdinand Laursen, Distin, Young
    Young, Ballack, Ireland
    Santa Cruz, Keane, Van Persie(c)

Subs: Swcharzer, Duff, Diarra, Wheater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

I think 7.5 on Nasri is a bit of a risk plus he missed their last game with an injury so might not start tommorow, id sooner go for Downing who gets a huge amount of assists for Boro or Petrov at City.

nasri starts tomorrow and i expect arsenal to get a hatful at home to west brom. that was my thinking behind that one. it was, however, one of the ones i agonized over to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

fatgav wrote: »
    nasri starts tomorrow and i expect arsenal to get a hatful at home to west brom. that was my thinking behind that one. it was, however, one of the ones i agonized over to be fair.

transferred Nasri in instead of Fabergas myself. we'll see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

What are peoples thoughts on modric? Howd he fair in tottenhams pre season? Either him or nasri for me...

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on modric? Howd he fair in tottenhams pre season? Either him or nasri for me...

heh, depends what you mean. in real terms i expect him to struggle, he's too small and slight for the Premier League imo. but in fantasy football terms i think he could well get more than his fair share of assists so i've taken a punt on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

heh, depends what you mean. in real terms i expect him to struggle, he's too small and slight for the Premier League imo. but in fantasy football terms i think he could well get more than his fair share of assists so i've taken a punt on him.

bit of a contradiction there no? Any player who gets plenty of assists is more than likely doing well for his team. Modric is small but hes stocky. Not at messis standard but weve seen what messi can do to the likes of united.Modric should have a fair go at the likes of stoke and wigan and co...

Will be interesting to see none the less...

joe123 wrote: »
    bit of a contradiction there no? Any player who gets plenty of assists is more than likely doing well for his team. Modric is small but hes stocky. Not at messis standard but weve seen what messi can do to the likes of united.Modric should have a fair go at the likes of stoke and wigan and co...

Will be interesting to see none the less...

lemme rephrase that. I expect him to pop up now and again with nice contributions, a through ball here, an assist there which will gain a few points, but I don't expect him to be able to impose himself on the overall game like one might expect of a creative player with his reputation. he's the type of player though who will pop up with something even when he's playing ****, because he's that technically gifted. hence i expect a few points. but I don't think he's physically or mentally imposing enough to use his ability to turn a game in Spurs favour, which is what he was bought for imo.

that probably still makes no sense, but i can assure you it did when i was writing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My head is melted. I've just changed my team again. Going with 5 at the back now. First XI is -

Green

Laursen - Woodgate - Lescott - Ferdinand - Clichy

A. Young - Bentley - Scholes

Torres - Yakubu

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Looks good Xavi6,but I'm just starting

Mines is

Van Der Sar

richards-vidic-terry-carragher

maloney- pedersen-duff-geremi

torres-tevez

first time doing this so may have got themix wrong but oh well.

I'll like a stong defence and attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Mendes is gone north to Rangers and Berbie's signing didn't happen yesterday so two changes made....

James

Evra
    L Young
    Laursen
    Lescott
    Johnson

A Young
    Bentley
    Gerard (c)

Berbatov Anelka
    Keane

Subs - Schwarzer, Mendes Barmby, Mullins, Sears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Green

Laursen - Woodgate - Lescott - Ferdinand - Clichy

A. Young - Bentley - Scholes

Torres - Yakubu

That's very similar to my team in terms of where you think the points will come. Although I've decided against any major point people bar Fabregas.

Friedal
    -Sagna-Clichy-Ferdinand-Brown-Young-
    --Bentley
    A Young
    Carrick

Van Persie
    Bent

Subs: Schwarzer, Ashton, Ireland, Hamann

I originally had Fabregas instead of Carrick and Berbatov instead of Van Persie, but Fabregas is injuried and none of the replacements are great, and Berbatov hasn't moved to United yet and I don't think he'll even start, and I wanted an Arsenal attacker because imo they are going to be top of the table by March. I'll swap in Berbatov next week, Fabregas the week after.

I'm still trying to work out how I'll fit Ronaldo in when the time comes. I'm thinking of getting rid of Fabregas, dropping my subs to the bare minimum and doing that, but I like to have at least one decent sub so :/

James
    L young Laursen Scharner Lescott

Bentley Downing A Young

Torres Bent Adebayor

Schwarzer or James or Reina for the first game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Schwarzer or James or Reina for the first game?

I'd go for Reina - can't see Sunderland scoring and he was in great form against Liege - saved a penalty and made another great off the line said. As against that the Liverpool defence was poor - but I don't expect them to be as poor again. Also Jones missing for Sunderland is a big loss.

James
    L young Laursen Scharner Lescott

Bentley Downing A Young

Torres Bent Adebayor

Isn't he out today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Isn't he out today?

Makes no odds now. Its past the deadline.

Makes no odds now. Its past the deadline.

He's doubtful.I just took a gamble.Mullins will be in the team if he doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Van Persie isn't starting - NIGHTMARE!!

On another note - can you note see other members teams anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

jamesozzie wrote: »

Yep you can. Click on Gameweek 1 after you click the team name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Got cold feet and tried to bring Nasri in. Missed the deadline. Bet he'll have a bloody storming debut.

awh fffs :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think you can see other players teams after first day scores

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

oh, didnt notice! cheers for that!

Got cold feet and tried to bring Nasri in. Missed the deadline. Bet he'll have a bloody storming debut.

lol, as predicted eh?

KevIRL wrote: »
    lol, as predicted eh?

Ah the crazy footballing gods.

KevIRL wrote: »
    lol, as predicted eh?

Oh you've got to be kidding :(

There'll be plenty of that in this game this season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I had him as captain because West Brom are going to have a rubbish season. Thankfully Nasri made up for it.

Just got my first point!:)

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I had him as captain because West Brom are going to have a rubbish season. Thankfully Nasri made up for it.

I had him as capt as well, at least I thought I did, but it turns out that Bentley has the armband lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

My team is finalised... until I realise I made a mistake/forgot someone :(

James
    Distin---Laursen---Woodgate---L Young
    Downing---Bentley----A Young---Petrov

Keane
    Ashton

Kirkland, Berbatov, Dunne, Davies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO got rid of nasri before deadline, glad to see i left off from last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

if westbrom play the way they have been the last 45 they will stay up for shizzle

Call it a knee-jerk reaction, but Nasri - in. He's looked very comfortable, don't think he's going to struggle to adapt. Arteta out - he was the one I was most unsure about in my team.

Yeah.Scharner is starting!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Thank you Ashton, 1-0 to WHam :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yeah.Scharner is starting!:)

Not that it matters since he let 2 in already.

Not that it matters since he let one in.

Better than who I had replacing him_Mullins

Ashton with two!:O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Stupid Van Persie had to come on for 20 minutes :/ Ashton is my first sub. Realistically I need either Neville or Carrick not to start :/ 11 points on the bench!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I am distraught, I had Ashton in my team from the get go and gave hm the chop yesterday. He's scored twice already!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I have Ashton :D

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I have Ashton :D

Good call, great price. I just hope my replacement for him, Agbonlahor does the job for me tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I am distraught, I had Ashton in my team from the get go and gave hm the chop yesterday. He's scored twice already!:(

Same. :mad:

and he's cheap too. Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

5 of my team aren't playing until tomorrow. Nasri scored though :D Come on Modric!

JPA wrote: »
    Same. :mad:

and he's cheap too. Damn.

West Ham have so many strikers it's hard to know who will play, plus he's a bit injury prone. I just hope I don't regret it longterm.

Agbonlahor is my replacement for him, I'm confident he'll grab me goals and assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

A. Johnson injured. :(

West Ham conceded. Gay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement