Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,731 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Frisbee wrote: »
    63 with no-one left to play.
    Adebayor getting a few minutes at the end kept Dempsey and his 6 points on the bench :(

Yeah that is always a kick in the change purse.

I have Taylor left, Newcastle clean sheet by any chance?? Fúck It!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

70 Points, very happy with that, opened up a four point gap in my head to head league with a top of the table clash next weekend, move up in boards league also, just outside the top 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Xavi6 wrote: »
    72 for me, though I had feckin 12 point Olsson on the bench :rolleyes:

I had him on the bench as 3rd sub

Was looking good for him to play with Drogba, L. Young, Cashley and Tim Cahill all not starting.

Then Cashley and Cahill came out from 30 mins each to pick up a point a piece.:(
    1st sub Delap picked up a paltry 2 points for 90 mins and then fecking
    DeRidder comes on for 13 miserable mins to pick up anothe pitiful 1 point.:mad:

Sham of week - miserable 45 points :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

BaZmO* wrote: »
    On the plus side, I only need one more win to sow up the head to head league. Are there any prizes for winning the head to head league?

I was wondering that myself! I just sowed up mine this past week :D 14 points clear with 4 games to go and despite that, I'm outside the top 200 in the boards league, lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Looking at Sky Sports News last night - They were saying that Ronaldo and Rooney might be rested :mad:

Not good for my team - last week Alex & Lescott were rested and a few others were injured. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Wio out for 3 weeks apparently so that's where my sub is going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

thewools wrote: »
    Looking at Sky Sports News last night - They were saying that Ronaldo and Rooney might
    I've learned my lesson on that one. I'll leave Ronaldo in my team but I won't be making him captain.

Can't see Utd. putting out a full strength team out anyway, they're playing Middlesbrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Putting Torres as captain seeing their playing newcastle. With Gerrard back and liverpool still chasing, could be more goals than last time the two met, hopefully :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I'm torn between taking out Ronaldo for Gerrard or not. If I could switch them back next weel I'd do it in a flash, but I'm 0.1 short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

K. Davies in for Crouch, Bolton have a handy run-in and Crouch has been poor since I put him in a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Gerrard or Torres for captain? Cant decide...

Would probably usually go for Gerrard for the extra point he gets on goals plus the possibility of another point for a clean sheet. But then again he's just back so he might be rusty. Or maybe the opposite more fit and up for it? Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

Morzadec wrote: »

Would probably usually go for Gerrard for the extra point he gets on goals plus the possibility of another point for a clean sheet. But then again he's just back so he might be rusty. Or maybe the opposite more fit and up for it? Thoughts?

I'd go with Torres. It's a home game and he's playing well so he should get a couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Morzadec wrote: »
    A Spurs player.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    A Spurs player.

I've got Lennon, you reckon he's a better shout?

i dunno with Liverpool Newcastle its pretty much the best attack in the prem at the moment against a very off form/dodgy defence team. Last time round it was 5-1 and Newcastle will have no Given to bail them out this time, I'm expecting at least 2 goals from Liverpool with Gerrard and Torres very likely to be involved in at least one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Well I've gone with Keane as captain.

I think Newcastle will play Guthrie, Butt and Smith and won't be easy to break down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Ireland for me.

Once again, I think that loads of changes are likely from the teams that are still in the Champions League.

Captain Robinho bags one :D

Superman wins a peno :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Andrei the giant with another two assists!

playa3 wrote: »
    Andrei the giant with another two assists!

No way! I'm on for a cracker of a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Referee Mike Dean points to the spot after Gael Givet handles Stephen Ireland's back-heel inside the area. Elano steps up to extend City's lead with aplomb.

Why didn't Ireland get the assist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

roryc wrote: »
    Referee Mike Dean points to the spot after Gael Givet handles Stephen Ireland's back-heel inside the area. Elano steps up to extend City's lead with aplomb.

Why didn't Ireland get the assist?

I think the player has to be fouled to get an assist for a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Damn I thought Ireland got an assist. He's my captain today.

Wigan 0 - 0 Bolton is fantastic as I've Figueroa and Cahill at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

32 so far with 5 to play

JPA wrote: »
    I think the player has to be fouled to get an assist for a penalty.

That's how Arshavin got his second assist. However, he should have gotten a third assist, He knocked the ball to Vela before he scored

That's how Arshavin got his second assist. However, he should have gotten a third assist, He knocked the ball to Vela before he scored

He took a shot that rebounded off a defender before dropping to Vela

Frisbee wrote: »
    He took a shot that rebounded off a defender before dropping to Vela

ahhh okay :) i just took what they said off the BBC tracker thing ::

1614: GOAL Portsmouth 0-3 Arsenal
    Portsmouth lay seige on the Arsenal goal but Arsenal break and Andrey Arshavin lays the ball back for Carlos Vela to shoot low past David James from the edge of the penalty area.

thanks for the clarification :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ireland got the assist :) Set him as captain for the safe option, though would have been better if I'd picked Drogba :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Ireland got the assist :) Set him as captain for the safe option, though would have been better if I'd picked Drogba :o

Thank goodness for that. Ended up with 38 points with 2 still to play. Not great but without Ireland it would be terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Terrible so far if it wasn't for Vidic i wouldn't have even got into double figures.

Torres had better do something special tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

30 with Baines, Kuyt and Gerrard (c) to play tomorrow.

37 with 9 points guaranteed from the bench and 4 playing today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Torres getting injured has now ruined any chance I had of finishing top in any of my leagues. Season effectively over now.

token56 wrote: »
    Torres getting injured has now ruined any chance I had of finishing top in any of my leagues. Season effectively over now.

+1

Had a great day yesterday with Bentdner and was really hoping to push on. But thats twice in 3 weeks i've had my captain not playing so it looks like its 3rd place for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

oh sexy sexy Torres.

I had Ardshavan as captain.

43 with Carragher, Baines, Fellani to play and my automatic sub for Ronaldo. Should easily be over the 50 mark. 60's if Pool and Everton keep cleanies.

BUT, My two rivals in my mine league BOTH had Torres as Captain. It'll mean a 60 point lead for me with two games left and Ronaldo double game week to come.

Oh it's all over now!

No Skrtel as well, just to rub salt into the wound!

Benayoun scores :D

Just need a Carragher clean sheet and some magic from Everton (Baines and Osman) and I'll have a cracker of a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Chelsea are playing arsenal next week and United have a double game week.

Shifted Lampard Out for Gerrard right now before Gerrard's price rises. No champions league for the pool and he looked dangerous today- should have had two goals at least.

Liverpool have West Ham. West Brom and Tottenham left.

Arsenal have Man Utd and Chelsea to Play in their next two.

Captaincy will be Ronnie then Gerrard for me for the next two weeks- here's hoping for a decent run in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Heres quite a nice script for FPL if anyones interested - I find it quite good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

50 points, with 1 to come off the bench. Was hoping for more from capt Gerrard

Gonna finish on 68.

47 with 9 to come off the bench and two playing tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

want to bring in a man u defender for their double week. Do you think o'shea or evra would be the better choice? Do you think Evans would be likely to play both games? If I brought him in I would be able to swap him for Davies, instead of Carragher, who I would prefer to keep

Will end up with 55 points. Never thought I'd say this but thanks Benayoun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

pwd wrote: »
    want to bring in a man u defender for their double week. Do you think o'shea or evra would be the better choice? Do you think Evans would be likely to play both games? If I brought him in I would be able to swap him for Davies, instead of Carragher, who I would prefer to keep

Been thinking about this myself. The problem is that to me only Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo and Rooney are guaranteed places on their team (when fit).

They played O'Shea at right back over the weekend and he could be the better choice because he can pretty much play anywhere across the back four. Evans came in for Ferdinand and would do so again if either Ferdinand or Vidic get injured mid week.

Personally I'm sacrificing Cahill for Carrick even though he may not play in both games. He's been getting decent amounts of points despite missing the last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Arshavin had 2 assists.
    Was changed to 3 a few hours ago
    Now back to 2
    Pretty sure it was actually three but wish they could just decide!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Captained Torres in both teams, EPIC FAIL :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I'm in serious danger of breaking into the top 600.....this must be what it's like to support Wigan.....I think I am getting an altitude epistaxis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

39 pts, worst week yet.. Captain Torres and Ronaldo were my big letdown.. Only plus is im so far ahead in my leagues it doesnt matter much, just dropped a couple of thousand in the overall world rankings:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement