Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Premier League Fantasy Football 08/09

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Will finish on 63. My mates lead cut from 79 to 30 in a couple of weeks and I feel I have the better team going into the final 3 weeks.

Exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bonus points for Benayou + Baines = 71 points now. Great week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    39 pts, worst week yet.. Captain Torres and Ronaldo were my big letdown.. :

I know the feeling, thought Ronaldo wouldn't play but was expecting big things from Torres against Newcastle, its a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

55 points for the week, not enough to win my top of the table clash in my head to head league but I still lead by one point, continue to move up the boards league, into the top 60 now.

Have still to use my wildcard, anyone in the same situation, reckon I will use before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

55 points this week myself - now 25th in the Boards League!!

I can still win this thing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

52, happy enough with that considering i had 3 fulham guys in defence and my captain didn't play. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Finished on 69 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,434 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is it worth putting a Wigan defender into the team this week, I know they have WBA, but they also have United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Wigan then have Stoke and Portsmouth so definitely worth sticking one of their players in. I'm going with N'Zogbia since he's listed as a defender.

Ronaldo will be a popular captain this week no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Big week. Five goals for Ronaldo please.

Schwarzer

Hangeland Carragher Evra Baines

Lampard Taylor Ronaldo (C) Carrick

Arshavin Zaki

Subs: Duke, Upson, Ireland, Sibide (fecked)

Zaki is a bit risky as he may not start. Can see Carrick only playing one game as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/sick-arshavin-set-to-miss-chelsea-clash

Looks like Arshavin will miss the Chelsea match through the Flu. Might be a good time to swap to Rooney given the double gameweek.

menoscemo wrote: »
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/sick-arshavin-set-to-miss-chelsea-clash

Looks like Arshavin will miss the Chelsea match through the Flu. Might be a good time to swap to Rooney given the double gameweek.

Feck! Cheers for that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Schwarzer

Cahill
    Carragher
    Baines

Ronaldo (C)----Ireland
    Benayoun
    Osman

Davies
    Rooney
    Robinho

Subs: Myhill, Figueroa, Nasri, Olsson

Osman was rested last week so hopefully will play. If not then I have a double game weeker to come in for him. The two Bolton lads get in with a home game against an awful Sunderland.

Robinho has 3 in 3 so might do something against United and Ronaldo as captain is a no brainer. Rooney in for Arshavin too.

Schwarzer

---Baines----N'Zogbia----Ivanovic----Young L---

-Ronaldo (C)----Modric----Benayoun
    Lampard-

Davies
    Rooney

Subs: Turnbull, Paintsil, Beattie, Lennon

Rooney in for Arshavin, N'Zogbia in for Hangeland.

I might be in for a rough week, have vidic in for captain though. two clean sheets would be nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Best buy ever..Chris Brunt...cant stop scoring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

second goal for fortune.
    He is my first sub. I don't think he'll get into my team though, unless zaki stays on the bench for this and the next game...
    edit: yeah zaki's on now already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Soby wrote: »
    Best buy ever..Chris Brunt...cant stop scoring

He missed a damn penalty though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Gerrard misses a penalty but scores the follow up but still loses 2 points.
    Very harsh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

61 points with Vidic and Alex to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Can someone explain to me why Melchiot has been given 4 saves. A mistake surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Chelsea are playing arsenal next week and United have a double game week.

Shifted Lampard Out for Gerrard right now before Gerrard's price rises. No champions league for the pool and he looked dangerous today- should have had two goals at least.

Liverpool have West Ham. West Brom and Tottenham left.

Arsenal have Man Utd and Chelsea to Play in their next two.

Captaincy will be Ronnie then Gerrard for me for the next two weeks- here's hoping for a decent run in.

Tasty Tasty Stevie G.

35 With Evra, A. Vidic and Ronaldo (c) playing twice. A Cole. And Ardshavan left- here's hoping he recovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

token56 wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why Melchiot has been given 4 saves. A mistake surely?
    Think defenders can get bonuses for blocks. Very unusual though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

45 points with 10 more coming off the bench from Lawrence

Still have Ronaldo (c) Rooney and Ryan Taylor to play as well

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

61 points with Vidic and Alex to play.

78 points with Vidic to play again.

• Advertisement

46 points with Ronaldo(C),Evra,Berbatov and Figuerora to play

58 points so far with Ronaldo (C), Vidic and Evra still to play again...

Up to 22nd in the league... Getting there!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mmcd wrote: »
    Think defenders can get bonuses for blocks. Very unusual though
    I think that must be a mistake though. If you going into the Defenders section and filter it for "Saves" Melchiot has been given 4 saves from the match the other day, the only other player that has any is Cuellar how is on 1 from a few weeks back.

Surely they can't be the only defenders to save a ball off the line this season?

59 with Ronaldo (c), VDS, Rooney and Figueroa to play. Close to the boards top 100 and reduced an 80 point lead by my rival to just 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

48 with 2 to come from beattie and ron,evra and vds to play again. Finally broke into the worlds top 1000 club yay!

• Advertisement

38 with 6 to come off the bench and then Evra, Evans and Rooney (C) to play again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭mcw92

58 with evra, vidic, ronaldo(c) and melchiot to play.
    gona be a good week.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I think that must be a mistake though. If you going into the Defenders section and filter it for "Saves" Melchiot has been given 4 saves from the match the other day, the only other player that has any is Cuellar how is on 1 from a few weeks back.

Surely they can't be the only defenders to save a ball off the line this season?

Apparently and I didnt see the game so I'm not sure, but when Kirkland went off, he was in goal for a few minutes and made the saves.I saw that on another forum.

That doesn't make any sense.

Kirkland went off about ten minutes into that game so Wigan obviously had subs available to stick in their spare keeper.

Seems to be a mistake.

Edit: 500 posts! Scorchio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Crap week. Just 36. :mad:

40 points. If I didnt have vidic as Captain, I would have been ruined!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

finished on 82 points.
    now im 301 in the boards league, reckon im still in there!:D
    my team for the week:

jaaskelainen

o shea
    alex
    carragher

fletcher
    murphy
    lampard
    benayoun
    gerrard(c)

anelka
    tevez

Better luck for me this week. I sold Van Persie and brought in Defoe. Whacked the captaincy on Keano as well. Happy days as they've helped me to 40 provisional points with 3 still to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

89!

Sweet- Stevie G as captain does the business brought in anelka for ardshavan too.

Think I'm 365th in world now and kicking ass for may 66, 74 and 89 last three game weeks!

66 finishing strong :)

• Advertisement

Bringing in Malouda and Anelka (C) was awesome :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

71 this week. Transfering in Captain Gerrard for Lampard worked out a treat. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Think ronaldo will be rested for the last league match? They've already won the league and all.

I ended up with 57 points. Lost my head-to-head by a point. :(
    pwd wrote: »
    Think ronaldo will be rested for the last league match? They've already won the league and all.

I reckon he'll actually play due to the fact he's currently tied with Anelka on 18 goals in the race to win the Premiership's golden boot. Gerrard's on 16 as well and could be a dark horse for it. I bet Ronaldo's asked Fergie to let him start. It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Gibson come in for Carrick and other changes like that but I wouldn't give up on Ronaldo just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I reckon he'll actually play due to the fact he's currently tied with Anelka on 18 goals in the race to win the Premiership's golden boot. Gerrard's on 16 as well and could be a dark horse for it. I bet Ronaldo's asked Fergie to let him start. It wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Gibson come in for Carrick and other changes like that but I wouldn't give up on Ronaldo just yet.
    Was thinking the same thing myself. When he was interviewed on the pitch after the match on Saturday the guy interviewing him ask him about being top goalscorer and he seemed adamant enough that he wanted to play next week.

It's a tricky one though, will Fergie risk him just before the final? He might let him play the first half, but who knows.

52 points this week... bit mehhhh :mad:

Was going to transfer Saha in too but talked myself out of it!! In one of my other leagues I've just passed out the leader so hopefully I can get another decent week this weekend!!

Pulled back a 78 point deficit 4 weeks ago to just a single point as of this week.

My transfers bit me in the arse this week. Brought in Lampard and Calciedo (sub) for Crouch and Kuyt. Bacause of that, I put the captaincy on Lamard and not Gerrard.

Id be 20 points ahead :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

57 points this week sees me win my head to head match and so win the league :), I have a six point gap. I'm top in a couple more of my private leagues with a good lead as for the boards league, I'm just in the top 50. I have yet to use my wildcard this season but will use it for the last gameweek.

This weekend could be a disaster for me - I have 3 Utd players: Vidic, Evra, and Ronaldo. Chances are Fergie could rest them all if he wanted :rolleyes:

I reckon Ronaldo would want to play to secure his Golden boot again but the gaffer calls the shots...

• Advertisement

Looking at my team just there...

Schwarzer

Paintsil, Alex, Lescott

Ireland, Lampard, Brunt, A.Young

Bendtner, Beattie, Elmander

Bench: Turnbull, Vidic, Ronaldo, Evra

Have a possible 11 that might all start. But wouldnt be too confident on scoring too highly with that bunch...

Was thinking on making drastic changes to ensure I stay on top of my personal league! Only 2 points clear though!!!

If I sell Ronaldo, Vidic and Elmander and bring in Gerrard, Arshavin, and maybe an Arsenal defnder would it be worth taking the 8 points hit?? :o

That would leave me 6 points down going into the final week :rolleyes:

Advertisement