Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Concrete on paintwork

Options
  • 04-07-2008 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

While parking up today I noticed splashes of concrete/cement on the paint work of the car. It looks like it was splashed via a truck or similar as I went passed. Any ideas on how to remove this?

The paint is black and I want to minimise scratches.

Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

After washing as much concrete away with water you may have to use your fingernaiks to scratch off the remainder ..keep it wet all the time . if you nails aren't strong enough use a plastic sharp edged implement or something even sharper if necessary. Don't worry too much about causing light scratches. Just buff these out afterwards when dry, with a fine abrasive motor trade finisihing paste.Get this in a motor factor. Diy examples are T-cut, rubbing compound etc. but get your hands on professional stuff. farecla G3 is good.
    I've seen scratched cars rubbed to a complete dullness with very light sandpaper(400 grit w&d) and then buffed back to a perfect shine with the paste. Buffing machine not necessary just use fine cloths and do by hand. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Bring it down to your local (self-service) car wash and use the water jet to shift it, hit it at an acute angle - I wouldn't go touching it or trying to scrape it off, you will get scratches into the paintwork then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Ok so - off to the jet wash it is then!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭quattro777

A clay-bar should help, as long as the lumps are not too big.

Advertisement