Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college selection?

• 04-07-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

hell0, could u tell me which college is best for ACCA? i have to give final 5, other words p1-p5 papers so which one is best for tuition?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Well, Griffith College seems to have a good track record. Also, they offer it full-time, if you aren't working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 09_09

Well, Griffith College seems to have a good track record. Also, they offer it full-time, if you aren't working.

i m student of Griffith college, i finished my degree from there, but they dont do any more full time ACCA. they do part time thats why i want to change my college in case if i dont get job/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Did they drop the course? I know Griffith College Dublin was offering a full time course last year (http://www.gcd.ie/index.jsp?aID=1199&nID=110&pID=93 ). I even spoke with someone about it. I don't know what happened.

Anyway, BPP has a full time course. It is only offered in Dublin, Leeds, and London. They will more expensive than GCD. I'd recommend going to the ACCA website and seeing which colleges offer it full time. I know most, if not all, are in Dublin. Also, Platinum is top level and there are only 3, Griffith, BPP, and one other.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭bongoboy

09_09 wrote: »
    hell0, could u tell me which college is best for ACCA? i have to give final 5, other words p1-p5 papers so which one is best for tuition?

Hi 09 09,

Firstly
    P1 - I went to P1 in Griffith college for last sitting. A disaster - so I did the 3 day revision with Sean Browne in BPP & he nailed 3 questions, he really is that good. A mate of mine sat it with Independent college last sitting - unsure of lecturer name but he says he was very good.

P2 - Did the course with David Ahern. He is very good. I hear Liam Doran in the new Independent college is very good also. So am going to book it with him for the next sitting ( if I am not already too late!!!).
    DBS is James Browne.

Cant help with the rest as passed them in old syllabus. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 09_09

ohhh,,i was thinking to join Griffith for part time study but i am not getting any offer from companies and agencies even i got first class results..they want experienced person..how the h.ll graduate can have experience...idiots..but now i m going to do ACCA from BPP..but i will do tax frm DBS...Julie Hawkins..best...for that..thnx for advice my friend...hope u get experince before u finish ACCA..

bongoboy wrote: »
    Hi 09 09,

Firstly
    P1 - I went to P1 in Griffith college for last sitting. A disaster - so I did the 3 day revision with Sean Browne in BPP & he nailed 3 questions, he really is that good. A mate of mine sat it with Independent college last sitting - unsure of lecturer name but he says he was very good.

P2 - Did the course with David Ahern. He is very good. I hear Liam Doran in the new Independent college is very good also. So am going to book it with him for the next sitting ( if I am not already too late!!!).
    DBS is James Browne.

Cant help with the rest as passed them in old syllabus. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement