Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ninja 250!!!!!

• 04-07-2008 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I just put a deposit on a ninja 250:D:D:D

Getting it in Kawasaki green

Gorgeous bike!

Im gonna collect it in Jan with a nice '09 reg

Chuffed so I am:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Congrats :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Frikin sweet ride, congrats.

You should really think about getting the black one though. It looks a lot nicer.

I sat on one recently and I was surprised at the quality and size of the machine, looks like it could be real fun.

I've been trying to convince my missus to get one so I can take it for a spin. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Ah no, the kawasaki green is way cooler!!!

Its a personal thing really. I just think its unique, black could be anything.

Regardless, Im over the moon. Cant wait!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,454 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Man, that is a long time to have to be waiting for a bike! There can't be a waiting list that long, can there? Do you have a birthday in January that makes the insurance a lot cheaper, or something?

Once I've made a bike purchasing decision, having to wait a week to get it is bad enough!
    Although (cue Aul' Mr. Brennan) when I was on my first bike, I had to wait 18 long months until I was 25 and could get my A licence under the rules then. Being stuck on a crappy old 100cc when I could afford a decent bike was not fun. (Passing my A1 test wouldn't have helped, either, as you still had to wait two whole years before you could apply for an A provisional.)

So b*tch all yiz like about restricted licences and all that malarkey, things used to be a lot worse!!!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Drove one yesterday, wasnt as impressed as i tought id be, lovely looking bike but no more power than an NSR 125, honestly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

My wee sis has one in black she loves it. I took itout around the NW200 circuit and it feels class to handle. Very easy to throw it about. I am 6ft 1 and just look out of place on it tho.

It's out of stock till October, and I figure if I can wait till then, I might as wait till Jan and get one with an '09 reg. Not easy to do, but it will be worth it!

As regards it not being much faster than an NSR125, Im also getting it for the extra weight and to do my test to get a full A licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Hey, congrats on the purchase, I was thinking about one (as my first bike, after many many lessons) sometime in the next few years. The last time I looked I couldn't find a list price online- would you be able to give me a rough idea of how much one new is? Thanks.

Ill tell you exactly!

Its costing e5,500 brand new. Required deposit is e1000.

Like I said, Im getting it as an 09, so if you werent getting it for a while, it might be worth your while going to bike world on the longmile road and having a look at it.

I fell in love:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

That is actually quite a reasonable price, I'll have to wait till I graduate before I can afford the running costs. No doubt by the time I do there will be another bike I'd have my eye, but for now I'm very very envious! I do worry that my first year of biking (lessons, proper gear, bike, insurance,) could end up hitting the 8k + mark :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭bryanmurr

bikeworld seem to have them in stock, 4 or 5 of them on the shop floor alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

nice one, and you got it in the correct colour :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jaysus thats a fairly decent price compared to some of the ludicrous prices sopme people are selling 10 year old CBR 250's for. I didnt have a go of the ninja 250 yet but would love a go, just to say I had a go like. Definately get the green one, tis the only color boy :) lol. Bst of luck with it. I dont know how ya can be able to wait that long for a bike. I would go fooking mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

This is my sisters wee ninja took it for a spin at the weekend around the north coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

Kawasaki green all they way lad ;)

Re; NSR125, bull$hit. that smelly little 2 stroke is a serious alcoholic, and anything below 6K revs and there is no power what so ever... ill admit it does turn into a little bullet after that but you cant be driving it around in high revs for normal use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jaysus thats lovely MREGAN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

seanybiker wrote: »
    jaysus thats a fairly decent price compared to some of the ludicrous prices sopme people are selling 10 year old CBR 250's for. I didnt have a go of the ninja 250 yet but would love a go, just to say I had a go like. Definately get the green one, tis the only color boy :) lol. Bst of luck with it. I dont know how ya can be able to wait that long for a bike. I would go fooking mental.

jayus, if honda released reviewed version of cbr250 i'd be the first in the queue to get one considering they'd put same engine in.
    I was getting excited about the baby kwak but 2-cylinders in line errr... the sound from it... er... sorry but no. and also it pushes out 33hp only meanwhile my 18-year cibby showed 42hp on the dyno...

Advertisement