Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Color change? how much?legal actions?

Options
  • 04-07-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So lads, i got that clk200, and its dark green color, but i would like to have it in pure black.

So how much would cost to resprai it all?

And then after it done, what do i do. Becouse in documents its green. Do i need to change it?
    Just what do i do all together?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

I m not 100 % sure but i think it ll cost you at least 1k€ or probably around 2k € for a full respray.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

OK ur up on 2K plus guarantee to get it properly done. Don't get a cheap job just "cause" lol. Go pro if ur going to do it at all, get some1 well known

U'll also have to print out and fill out one of these
    https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF111_en.pdf
    And bring it to ur tax office to get the colour changed. Easy job AFAIK, doing it for a fella at the moment, let u know it there is any costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

OK ur up on 2K plus guarantee to get it properly done. Don't get a cheap job just "cause" lol. Go pro if ur going to do it at all, get some1 well known

U'll also have to print out and fill out one of these
    https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/RF111_en.pdf
    And bring it to ur tax office to get the colour changed. Easy job AFAIK, doing it for a fella at the moment, let u know it there is any costs.

that has to be done before repaint? or after? and for 2k eu will you get metalic paint, or just gloss?

Thx for info so far

that has to be done before repaint? or after? and for 2k eu will you get metalic paint, or just gloss?

Thx for info so far

I'm guessing after the repaint, but i don't think it actually matter. The fella i know has had it being black on his log for god only knows how long and it's white.

As for the paint, u should the full whack, metallic all that. Get it done right though, nothing worse than a bad paint job. What year car is it

I'm guessing after the repaint, but i don't think it actually matter. The fella i know has had it being black on his log for god only knows how long and it's white.

As for the paint, u should the full whack, metallic all that. Get it done right though, nothing worse than a bad paint job. What year car is it

Its an MB clk200 , 2000year. Old school one :P.

But it still should be done on documents. If you go nct, that wount be a problem?

Btw 2k eu is just unreal price to be honest.thought its about 1k...

Things is, mine merc is green color. I and few days ago i sow. Same model All black with tinted windows. Number plates were in black font and white numbers. And it had huge crome alloys.

When i sow that beast, i just could not keep it in mine pants anymore, if you know what i mean :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

The is no problem painting the outside of a car, but where it starts to get expensive is doing under the bonnet, inside the wings, etc. The only good thing is that yours is dark green so maybe you could leave under the bonnet, etc alone and paint the outside. It would work out cheaper this way.

Also, if you did some of the stripping (rubbers, mouldings,etc) yourself it would save the painter some hassle and make it cheaper again.

There is a local guy that does my cars and all my friends, I reckon he would do yours for well under €1,000. Let me know if ya want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Probably cheaper to buy a Black CLK tbh. Also less of a problem at resale, I wouldn't buy a car that had been resprayed for 1000yoyo.

I've to collect something from the body shop today, so i'll ask him for a round figure for u. See what he comes up with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Ferris wrote: »
    Probably cheaper to buy a Black CLK tbh. Also less of a problem at resale, I wouldn't buy a car that had been resprayed for 1000yoyo.

Agreed. A paint job that isn't perfect is easy to spot. And if you don't get inside the doors/under the bonnet etc done, then i think it just looks rediculous!

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Mercedes-Benz/CLK-200/KOMPRESSOR/1055346/
    Here we go, this'll be bought for 12K.... Every1's happy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You should budget 4k for a decent respray. or just buy another car.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You should budget 4k for a decent respray. or just buy another car.

Damn 4k, i will stick with green color then,

Some one said about finding out about respray cost, plz do, just find out how much it would cost, but full respray, not half leaving,

It will be hard to explain, when selling car, why inside its green outside black :D

I'm going to him this afternoon, i'll ask him then.

I'm going to him this afternoon, i'll ask him then.

cheers m8

cheers m8

I'm an awful man for timing:o, but he says up on 2k at least...

Advertisement