Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna re-spec

• 04-07-2008 6:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

So I'm level 59 lock now...

All along i've specced for destruction with a little to the demon tree.

I'm realising more and more how important it is to spec properly, and wondering if anyone can shed any ligt for me n my lock.

Wanna start doing some more BG and would like to last more than 8 seconds lol.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

my locks at 67 atm, and i went with a mostly demon setup. Not sure how good it is for pvp though. Have a look at the armory

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Moonglade&n=Mendez

Not sure its the best spec, but im getting some pretty big cits with shadowbolt, and my felguard is managing to hold the aggro pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

Waste money if you want at this early stage, but I advise getting to lvl 70. Not hard as a Warlock. PvP = spec into Demonology for Soul Link, do whatever you want with the rest. The usual PvP spec for Locks is amagad SL/SL! Down to "Siphon Life" in Affliction tree, "Soul Link" in Demonology tree.

Respeccing just for PvP at your current level is a waste though. Destruction would prove better than SL/SL for leveling too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Thoogun

Id say try aff, it is by far the best lv'ing build with siphon lifeand improved life drain that will serve you well in BG's or questing. In a bg against a similarly geared rogue or warrior is say you don’t stand much of a chance, but with felhunter out you have the advantage against casters (especially mages)

Full Demon is also viable, having a portable tank is nice and I remember from 60-69 bgs it is definitely the speck of choice. Soul link ups your damage and keeps you alive that bit longer.

Destruction was broken a long time ago for pvp and it is very rare that you find a pvp lock using that build, these days most destruction locks are raiders as it works well in high lv instances. A mix of Aff/Demo (SL/SL) is the lv 70 choice now but I find it no fun to play and incresses the hatred of locks 10 fold...

Try a few build and see what you like I’d say; a huge amount of info on the specific builds that work can be found in the warlocks Bible http://wowmb.net/forums/

Hope this helps

/Dyfin Tura realm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Some solid advice there ^^

I would mention, though only if you are mainly interested in leveling speed, that you use your Succubus with all her spells turned off for "imba" melee dps and a handy mana battery while using your drains to the fullest. Siphon Life and Drain Life tanking seriously are the win, especially when you can dark pact back to full mana afterwards. The pet is ultimately unneeded at this stage, so the mana from the Succubus is great since it is the highest damage pet when not using any mana. Your Voidwalker wont be able to hold aggro with all your dots on stuff anyways so...

But at the end of the day, there is no wrong or right spec for leveling. Leveling is a journey, the ultimate destination being; learning how to play your class properly.

And respec costs can get pretty unwieldy for a fresh level 70 with all the other things you need to spend money on, if you start now. So, do as you will. But a bit of restraint now with respec will pay off a great dividend when you hit 70 :D

Advertisement