Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tongue piercing

Options
  • 04-07-2008 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

hoping to get my tongue pierced in the morning.. just wondering how long does it take for the swelling to go down.. i'll be forced to eat dinner tomorrow anyway piercing or not(ye all know what nanas are like) and just wondering will this prolong the healing process as your supposed to stick to liquids.. does anyone know the best place to get it done in limerick and how much it will cost??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

its gonna be REALLY hard to eat tomorrow just after gettin it done! and it will be really bad for a fresh piercing. If i were u id put it off till a time u know u can eat appropriate foods.
    the swelling will last for about a week, could be substantially longer, depending on how u treat it.
    but as i said, due to swelling, its gonna be hard, and painful, to eat a dinner tomorrow.......unless u put it in a blender first!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

to be honest I never really had too much hassle with tongue piercings, I was always able to eat withing an hour or two...garanted a bit slower and more carefully...the only sore thing is swallong, even when just having a drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

dinner is as said above unadvisable, mine didn't swell too bad the first day but got bad within a few days and went down again pretty quick but you gotta stick to the "diet" of a tongue piercing to look after it and to ensure, good quick healing, there's 100's of posts in here on it, just do a search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

i couldnt eat for a few days after mine, it didnt swell to bad but i just wanted to be careful. The sensation of thinking your gonna swallow your tongue while your eating is pretty weird for a few days.

bit of advice....a certain stupid person I know(not me i swear ;) ) went against his piercers advice and stuck his tongue out to show his friends....long story short...open your mouth wide as possible when putting the tongue back in your mouth lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

yeah...only idiots do that...and be careful of lollipops! mighty difficult even now for me!

oh and say good bye to blowing bubbles with chewing gum...though it might work with a single tongue piercings....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

depends on person to person really how your body will react.my sister had no welling what so ever and was eating normally the night she got it done and has had no problems since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

hoping to get my tongue pierced in the morning.. just wondering how long does it take for the swelling to go down.. i'll be forced to eat dinner tomorrow anyway piercing or not(ye all know what nanas are like) and just wondering will this prolong the healing process as your supposed to stick to liquids.. does anyone know the best place to get it done in limerick and how much it will cost??

So did you get it done today? How you feeling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xXxhotstuff xXx

BrynW wrote: »
    So did you get it done today? How you feeling?

no my stupid aunt found out wat i was upto and stopped me :mad:.. im getting it done before the end of the summer though i dont care what it takes ha!!

• Advertisement

k am one more question.. when the two weeks are up and you've to get the bar changed do you have to go back to the piercing place?? coz im hoping to get it done on saturday(provided nobody else stops me) and i'll be headin off to spain two weeks later.. if i buy a smaller bar would it be a bad idea to change it myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

how old are you hotstuff? im only asking because you seem to be getting hassle from parents and things. which might lead me to believe you are less than 18.
    uhm would be better to get it professionally done when changed. it wont be fully healed in 2weeks, mine took about a month before the piercer would switch out the jewelry.

ah ya im 16 and my ma would go spare but i dont care im gettin it done anyway.. i really really want it done and saturday will prob be the handiest for me so im thinkin i might just go ahead and chance changing it myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Going against your parents wishes isn't really the best. Especially when you are 16. You are living under their roof and thus their rules.

My sister wanted the same and she is the same age as you. I talked her through it, most places won't pierce a 16 year old either.

If you've more questions PM me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement