Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3.. Nct Slight Problem Leather Seats...

Options
  • 04-07-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

hey guys...

Have a audi A3 with leather seats had a rip in one of the seats in the car and it failed the Nct over it..

And a few other things.. Lol

Is there anyone out there that can take the leather off the seats??? anyone done it before??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

this the same seat as this?
    DaraDali wrote: »
    Hey guys,,

have a Audi A3 with tanned leather Seats, had a Crash before i Bought it,, Got a good deal on it,,

Need to fix one side of the seat where the seem went when the airbag went!

Its a clean seem tear, So anyone have experiance in takin leather off the seat? coz i know someone that said they can fix if i can get it off,,, if not can ye suggest someone that can repaire it,,, ;) IN Munster preferrably!

Did you replace the airbag?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

buy a set of cheap ass seat covers for the re-test.... I'd imagine that should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Duct Tape :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It must have been one big rip!
    After a quick look, I can't find reference to the seats in the NCT manual - is there one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

vectra wrote: »
    Duct Tape :D

+1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 whatthe...

hey guys...Have a audi A3 with leather seats had a rip in one of the seats in the car and it failed the Nct over it..

The NCT is to make sure your car is safe to drive on public roads and in perfect mechanical working order. I really fail to see how your car would fail this test based on a defect in the seating material.

Are we telling Porky Pies???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

hey guys...

Have a audi A3 with leather seats had a rip in one of the seats in the car and it failed the Nct over it..

And a few other things.. Lol

Is there anyone out there that can take the leather off the seats??? anyone done it before??

Think you need to tell us these before any help or advice can be offered.

Can't see NCT failing someone over seats tbh.

Advertisement