Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evening sun hazard

• 04-07-2008 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

I saw two bikes, 3 people, taken out in a flash tonight. A shocking sight. I'm sick sitting here thinking of the carnage.

I was driving along into the setting sun when a car in front attempted a left turn, (I'm in France so picture a right turn), he must have been blinded by the sun and didn't see the oncoming riders. They never stood a chance, there was no way to avoid him as he was completely across the lane.

Just a reminder to be aware of the low evening sun as a hazard when out and about. If it's at your back you're almost invisible even with your dipped headlight on. It's treacherous. Take care.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sounds terrible. There's not a whole lot you can do in that kind of situation. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Looby_Loo

I have been on the back of a motor bike when something very similar almost happened. My ex managed to stop just in time. Scary

Advertisement