Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austrailian Grand Prix 2009,Whats The Best Grandstand?

• 04-07-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Im thinking of attending next years grand prix,really enjoy watching F1 on Tv but have never attended a grand prix.The other half and myself are planning a trip to OZ in march and would really love to go .
    What would be considered the best grandstand to view the spectacle..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

I've been to Melbourne twice for GPs and both times sat in Fangio which is on the main straight and has a good view of the start and pits.

I sat for qualifying in Clark and it was a good view and even had a few offs across the gravel trap in front of us.

And if your doing it cheap the General Admission between turns 10 and 11 gives a good view with good facilities but I reckon you'd need to get there early on the Sunday and stake your space.

It is a great weekend and a great city. Depending on your team allegiance (ie Ferrari) check out Lygon Street in the north of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Thanks for the replys lads,looking at the seating plans Fangio looks the best.
    When you booked your tickets did you get a choice of seat or do you get what your given.Tickets for 2009 go on sale this month,july.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I went to the 2003 Australian race and it was good. I had a general admission ticket so I was limited in where I could sit. However I think if I had the choice I'd take a seat at the stand at the end of the start/finish straight, facing up the start/finish straight (I don't know the name of the stand).

My reason for saying that is, that's where a lot of overtaking seems to happen plus there's a lot of spins and people going off at the first corner. I'd also recommend somewhere near a big screen, so you can see what is happening when the cars are at some other part of the track.

Also bring suncream, a rain jacket and ear plugs. I required all 3 during that grand prix weekend, no joke :)

Accomodation wise, I stayed in a hostel in St Kilda and it was about a 10-15 minute walk from the track. Maybe it was because it was my first GP, but I didn't realise how big the track was and how much you had to walk in order to get from one point of it, to another. So while you could stay in St Kilda, if you seats are at the opposite end of the track, you may have quite a long walk.

Also be aware that the accomodation prices go up for the grand prix weekend and it may not be listed when you check out prices and get a quote.

Advertisement